Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi (3834 Views)

Next Fifa World Cup Logo Released [see It Here] / Super Eagle Position On The Next FIFA Ranking / How Will The Next FIFA Ranking Look Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by Tattooboy: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2008
Kaka only performed very good last season just to be the Fifa world player of the year, he's not at his best this year. so i think this year belongs to Lionel Messi. Messi Without Mercy

Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by dayokanu(m): 6:21pm On Feb 21, 2008
Merciless supported, if he can stay injury free
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by hustler(m): 7:05pm On Feb 21, 2008
If Messi stays fit he should nick it ahead of the rest going by the way he's started and performed dis season.And i'm not just talking bout last night.
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by lailai2(m): 1:08am On Feb 22, 2008
barca 4 life
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by deola1(m): 5:53pm On Feb 22, 2008
am very sure this guy will win the award. Hold it don't drop it
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by Emperoh(m): 6:57pm On Feb 22, 2008
I wonder from what planet these ignoramuses fell from
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by bosunk: 1:44pm On Feb 23, 2008
in be like say the guy day take yoyo bitters grin the guy worth am go for it MESSI grin
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by deola1(m): 2:19pm On Feb 23, 2008
i dey feel u bosunk. mercy go surprise them
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by AH2MUCH: 9:00pm On Feb 23, 2008
he might win it ooooooooo, can u imagine a young lad of 20

*****shakes his head and says to himself*****
if he 20 i wonder y they frown when our own mikel said he is 20 and yak said he is 25, racisim?
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by deola1(m): 6:01pm On Feb 25, 2008
messi is no more 20, that was 3 years ago undecided
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by deola1(m): 6:04pm On Feb 25, 2008
messi is no more 20, that was 3 years ago undecided
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by Nobody: 10:44am On Feb 26, 2008
deola1:

am very sure this guy will win the award. Hold it don't drop it

Another Bank PHB's Advert
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by mightydee: 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2008
OCEANIC BANK IS AT IT AGAIN

“FOOTBALL CHALLENGE WITH FASH”

IT IS A REALITY SHOW THAT WILL GIVE OPPORTUNITY TO NIGERIAN YOUTHS TO LIVE THE LIFE OF PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLERS.

 IT STARTS WITH BUYING THE SCRATCARDS FROM ANY BRANCH OF OCEANIC AT 3,000 AND FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE REVERSE SIDE OF THE CARD LIKE:

 PARTICIPANT MUST BE 16YEARS AND ABOVE
 PARTICIPANT WILL TEXT AGE, NAME, LOCATION HE/SHE INTEND TO GO FOR SCREENING AND PIN NUMBER OF THE SCRATCHCARD PURCHASED TO 33416 AND THERE WILL BE AUTOMATED RESPONSE GIVING PARTICIPANT DATE AND PLACE OF SCREENING.

 THERE WILL BE 6 ZONES FOR ZONAL SCREENING:
- LAGOS, SOKOTO, ONDO, BAUCHI, ABA AND ASABA

 SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES AT ZONAL LEVEL PROCEEDS TO REGIONAL LEVEL - ABUJA, OGUN AND IMO STATES

 FINALLY, 30 SUCCESSFUL YOUTHS ARE PICKED TO GO TO THE CAMP/COMMUNE FOR 45 THRILLING DAYS

 THESE 30 SUCCESSFUL PARTICIPANTS WILL UNDERGO RIGOROUS TRAINING AND WILL BE DIVIDED INTO TWO TEAMS.

 THERE WILL BE WEEKLY EVICTIONS OF HOUSEMATES BY TEXT MESSAGES FROM VIEWING PUBLIC ( THIS IS DONE THROUGH NORMAL TEXT MESSAGES VIA NUMBERS THAT WILL BE DISPLAYED ON YOUR TV SCREEN)

 THERE WILL BE EVICTIONS ALMOST ON WEEKLY BASIS WHICH WILL BE TELEVISED VIA MAJOR NIGERIAN TV CHANNELS.

 THE FINALISTS WHO WERE NOT EVICTED WILL PLAY FINAL MATCH WITH A REPUTABLE NIGERIAN TEAM WHERE THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER WILL BE CHOSEN.

 THERE WILL ALSO BE THE SOCIAL SIDE OF THE SHOW WITH VISITS BY NOTABLE FOOTBALLERS, GOVERNMENT AUTHORITIES, OUR DEAR MD/CEO, MUSICIANS, COMMEDIANS ETC. THIS WILL BE TELEVISED TOO.

 THE FINALIST WILL GO HOME WITH A MILLION NAIRA EACH.

 THE MVP WILL GO HOME IN ADDITION TO A MILLION NAIRA WITH A HONDA CRV JEEP AND WILL REPRESENT THE FACE OF OCEANIC BANK.

 THERE WILL BE OVERSEAS TRIP TO PREMIERSHIP

 SCHOLARSHIP TO FOOTBALL ACADEMY FOR ALL 30 PLAYERS

 THE OTHER EVICTEES BEFORE THE FINALIST WILL ALSO GO HOME WITH A COMPENSATORY AMOUNT.

 THERE WILL BE A DRAW AT THE FINAL PARTY FOR THE ZONES FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT THE SCRATCHCARD – SO KEEP THE SCRATCHCARD SAFE AFTER USING IT – YOU MIGHT BE DECLARED WINNER BASED ON YOUR NUMBER.

Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by deola1(m): 2:09pm On Feb 27, 2008
Another Bank PHB's Advert

thats  your palava
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by DaJunta(m): 3:37pm On Feb 27, 2008
bosunk:

in be like say the guy day take yoyo bitters grin the guy worth am go for it MESSI grin
So so funny, lol grin grin grin grin
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by deola1(m): 2:28pm On Feb 29, 2008
wait and see
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by deola1(m): 6:34pm On Mar 01, 2008
mmm
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by deola1(m): 3:27pm On Mar 06, 2008
barca for the cup cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 06, 2008
deola1:

wait and see
Confused!
deola1:

mmm
Doubting!
deola1:

barca for the cup cheesy cheesy cheesy
Consoling!!!
grin grin grin
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by lailai2(m): 10:13pm On Mar 06, 2008
barca 4 life
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 07, 2008
too close to call.ronaldo, adebayor?
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by vkt3344(m): 3:27am On Mar 07, 2008
the question is who's the next fifa player of the yr and someone is shouting barca 4 life, lets watch and see, the euro2008 is yet to be played, it's between messi and c.ronaldo and now messi is out for 6wks while c.ronaldo will play in the euro2008. let's watch ibrahimovic,luca toni, just unfortunate that totti is retired from the national side.
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by lailai2(m): 9:24pm On Mar 07, 2008
anything that relates to barca is barca

i've already replied to the question numerous times
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by lailai2(m): 9:59pm On Mar 07, 2008
but u really made me laff
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by Radiant(f): 2:48am On Mar 08, 2008
carlos222:

FOR ME MESSI FIRST AND THEN FABREGAS SECOND(DID You WATCH HIM AGAINST MILAN?)

Bless you.

Messi is out for 6 weeks again. Wonder when he'll play without breaks sad Messidona! wink

Messi is 21 and not 23.
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by crazylegs(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2008
Messi is my mainest man. (Vizca Barca!) Fast, skillful, veeery smart. Sometimes its like the ball is tied to his feet. Even at high velocity.

But they guy cannot win it simply because he cannot stay fit. There've been many "next Maradona"s (does anyone remember the sweeeeeeet AIMAR). Na injury de kill dem. Messi's down for six weeks again. At the most important part of Barca's campaign.

Person no de win FIFA player of the year for hospital. Painful but true.

C. Ronaldo, (great player, but don't know why I can't stand him), will win it. He's having a great season and SCORING GOALS. May God punish those red devils. Wretched cows are going to take the prem.
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by cooljoe(m): 4:32pm On Mar 11, 2008
A vote for Lionel Messi.
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by deola1(m): 8:30pm On Mar 14, 2008
He's now injured, its a big blow
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by yemmight(m): 5:16pm On Mar 17, 2008
How many critical games has mercy played. So the guy will earn his award on the bench abi? Out of pity award? grin

Even my boys in premiership that keep playing like jaki u don't even mention their names.
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by benlay(m): 5:27am On Mar 18, 2008
if they wanna be fair,this time around,i think it shud go to C. Ronaldo
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by bollingjoe(m): 7:19am On Mar 18, 2008
Messi can win it if & only if barca moves into d s/final and possibly play against man utd . So if barca wins wit messi playin. Then the award is his 4 the takin
Re: Next Fifa Player Of The Year, Messi by crazylegs(m): 10:03am On Mar 18, 2008
Men, thats my prayer oh. I bet my last kobo: if Barca make it to semis and Messi, Etoo and DINHO are fit, ManU is , oh sooo dead.

But I just feel its C.Ronaldo's year. He has the Premiership, Champions League AND Eurocup to shine in. In the FIFA award visibility is everything. Like I said before, I don't know why I don't like him (maybe because he plays for ManU grin), but he's a great player.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reject Brown Ideye Scores Two Goals Again! / Football Is All About Respect / Week 31 Pool Banker Room 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.