Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,443 members, 7,846,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

What Has Happened To Volvo Cars Plying The Nign Road? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Has Happened To Volvo Cars Plying The Nign Road? (850 Views)

Fatal Accident That Happened Today In Unubi, Anambra State (Graphic Photos) / Can You Figure Out Where These Cars Are Plying? / How Reliable Are Volvo Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Happened To Volvo Cars Plying The Nign Road? by Jaykizz(m): 11:40pm On Dec 30, 2012
Volvo cars used to be 1 of the mostly used vehicles plying the Nigerian road. Alas! That has totally changed now. What you see on our roads are mostly Toyota, Honda and Mercedez car products. Nigerians don't really use them anylonger except for few who mostly use the old models. To be fair n honest, apart from the fact that this car product is quite expensive, it is also very costly to maintain but quite durable and has a lifespan that lasts for up to 50yrs (depending on how well you maintain it). Volvo cars are built very strong and viable, and it accommodates our bad road network; no wonder why it used to be at par with Benz products in the past in terms of frequency of this product on the road.
I don't really know what has gone wrong, that is if any, but I really wanna know why Nigerians don't really use Volvo any more. It used to be a 'RichMan's Car' back then. I personally used to love the sound whenever a volvo car passes by me.
Is it that it is too costly to maintain? Or that Volvo products aint that strong anymore? Or that Volvo products are out of Taste n Fashion for Nigerians? Or they aren't just durable enough for Nigerian roads anylonger? Atleast there must be a reason.
Re: What Has Happened To Volvo Cars Plying The Nign Road? by Lamboauto: 2:37am On Dec 31, 2012
Volvo products is out of fashion. Nigerians prefer the new products like TOYOTA, BMW, HONDA, PORSCHE etc.
Re: What Has Happened To Volvo Cars Plying The Nign Road? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2012
The poster just beat me to this topic. I seriously need information from those who know about auto on this topic. Waiting...
Re: What Has Happened To Volvo Cars Plying The Nign Road? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 02, 2013
There is nothing wrong with the car. it just fell victim to Nigerian mechanics not being able to diagnose its fault, parts are expensive and the wheel system are not so adaptable to Nigerian bad roads.
Re: What Has Happened To Volvo Cars Plying The Nign Road? by abdulkadir(m): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2013
Lamboauto: Volvo products is out of fashion. Nigerians prefer the new products like TOYOTA, BMW, HONDA, PORSCHE etc.

how do u mean?
is it that volvo has stoped production is d era of d 240, 244 or 245 l, dl or dle of the late 70's to early 80's hence they are out of fashion?
Re: What Has Happened To Volvo Cars Plying The Nign Road? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 04, 2013
Lamboauto: Volvo products is out of fashion. Nigerians prefer the new products like TOYOTA, BMW, HONDA, PORSCHE etc.

I don't get you, bro. Volvo are still being manufactured till date, so are just as new as the automobile you've listed above.
Re: What Has Happened To Volvo Cars Plying The Nign Road? by billionman: 11:42am On Jan 04, 2013

Get your facts right Bro. There are still very recent series of the Volvo automobile till date just as Siena rightly said.

(1) (Reply)

Which Would You Pick Among These Suvs? / Meet The World’s Safest Car Designed In Libya / Is There Any Issue With Passat 2001

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.