Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,127 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! (10189 Views)

Which Governor-Elects Are Likely To Be Removed By Tribunals? / Jonathan And Sambo With Oritsejafor, CAN President, Others / Abubakar Shekau Removed As Boko-Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by killuminati(m): 10:21am On Dec 31, 2012
Inafct churches should be closed, pastors banned!undecided
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by bknight: 10:22am On Dec 31, 2012
IMV he should be expelled (if that's possible)

His utterances embarrass me. His stand on his private jet acquisition is sooo lowlife! angry Its obvious tithes are no longer paying enough. Politricks will fund its maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 31, 2012
joseph1832: What is the function or job of the President of the Christian Association of Nigeria? (CAN) Well certainly its not be a sycophant

Judging by the way Ayo Oritsejafor, who is currently the president of CAN is using the office, one would say its a complete aberration.

He wines and dines with the corrupt, plays lip service to them, encourage them in their evil ways, turns the other eye when the people he's suppose to be protecting their interest are being harassed, doesn't blink an eye lid when hash conditions are sanctioned on the Nigerian masses, attends top government functions, and has endorse a government known to be very corrupt! In short there's no PDP function you don't find the clergyman. I often wonder if he's become a card carrying member of that party.

Is this what a man of God, the President of CAN is suppose to be doing? I think its time CAN clean out their closet.

Your position is not correct.

The Pastor has never relaxed for once over the Boko Haram issue, on the contrary, he has even be accused of over doing things.

Which conditions are sanctioned against the Nigerian masses that you expect him to protest?
Is it things like subsidy?
If Jonathan fails to remove subsidy, then I will regret ever campaigning for and voting for him.

As for removing the Pastor as CAN President, it reminds of Bakare who said Jonathan would no longer be President by October 2012.

1 Like

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by DrummaBoy(m): 10:23am On Dec 31, 2012
Techwriter got it right when he said d can president office is political but missed d point subseq

A polittical.office will.carry out political duties and not spiritual. Thus d challenge oritssejafor is having. There are conflict of interest. There is no point removing him. Christians should only know that his presence is not for any spiritual significanc. We should seek for our redemption elsewhere.
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by JoeMosco(m): 10:24am On Dec 31, 2012
Given that he is a "man of God".... It is not in our power to talk of his removal. May God who appointed him lead him or remove him if He deems it fit.... Shalom to all men of Peace

1 Like

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by Freezle(m): 10:26am On Dec 31, 2012
Please try not to judge a man of GOD..

1 Like

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by 6ft: 10:28am On Dec 31, 2012
alienvirus: What is Oritsejafor ??
?

some say its d name of a virus frm outer space...

2 Likes

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by Pidivine: 10:29am On Dec 31, 2012
Techwriter: The mistake some people make is to think of CAN as a "Church". Far from that, CAN is a political arm of the christian body meant to protect the interest of christians.

Another misconception is that men of God should distance themselves from their leaders. So some criticize Pst Adeboye for praying for the president. So they prefer the president fraternizes with occultic men.

The Jesus we follow was labeled a friend of sinners,becos He was wining and dinning with them though He made sure he was the one influencing them and not the other way round:so all u holier than thou preachers may really not be following Christ.
God bless you, may you live long.

2 Likes

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by Caseless: 10:30am On Dec 31, 2012
wetin ORITSE-JET-AFOR do again? when did pastorpreneur status become an offence?
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by alienvirus: 10:35am On Dec 31, 2012
undecided
6 ft':

more info pls
? i need to track it undecided
6 ft':

more info pls
? i need to track it
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by toprealman: 10:50am On Dec 31, 2012
What I find unacceptable is why one man should be in charge of CAN and PFN. Have no issues with any of these association but I think two good heads are always better than one...irrespective of the size and shape of the latter!
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by young9ja(m): 10:54am On Dec 31, 2012
lacasa: The bling-bling Christian Leader Potrays wat the religion has turned into grin

CORRUPT and CRIMIiNAL sad
YES REMOVE HIM
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by phoneport(m): 10:55am On Dec 31, 2012
Please let him serve his purpose
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by gerald09(m): 11:00am On Dec 31, 2012
Its time nigerians stop seeing asshole like the CAN president as men of God, he is jt a man trying to make a good living for himself, I bet he has had more sex than any sinner has. NIGERIANS open your eyes their is no such person like man of God in nigeria, they all looking to make a living, FACT.

1 Like

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by talktimi(m): 11:05am On Dec 31, 2012
[quote author=joseph1832][/quote] He might have been too silly to argue constructively but it would have been better for you to criticize the CAN president constructively. I actually cringed at some of the allegations you laid against pastor Ayo not that I'm against your freedom of self expression but I will expect you to go through some of his past interviews and articles maybe you would have a different opinion of him.
Although insulting your father was the highest form of disrespect and I apologize on his behalf. Thank you
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by djkaneo(m): 11:10am On Dec 31, 2012
Pysam: weti the pastor do you nah? Is it not ok? abi is it you that placed him in the post naw. That you seek his remover

hmmm....Sir it should be "removal"....not "remover"....even d pidgin sef no soji.
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by bknight: 11:16am On Dec 31, 2012
Joe Mosco: Given that he is a "man of God".... It is not in our power to talk of his removal. May God who appointed him lead him or remove him if He deems it fit.... Shalom to all men of Peace

Freezle: Please try not to judge a man of GOD..

angry

Is CAN president not an elective position? Did I not read somewhere here on nairaland that the voice of the people is the voice of the masses?

This is why "men of God" become politicians & politrickians become men of god
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by joseph1832(m): 11:21am On Dec 31, 2012
To those of you who have resorted to using insults to buttress your inane and mundane assertions I beg you to refrain from doing such.

I posted a thread to get the opinions of nairalanders if your assertions defer from mine please state it categorically! Most you resort to beer parlour radicalism? And display to the whole nairaland politic forum how myopic you are.

Please learn to argue constructively! That's the only way we can impact knowledge in ourselves.

Thank you all!.
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by Ngwakwe: 11:28am On Dec 31, 2012
Seun, please can you remove Joseph1832 from Nairaland registered users.

His utterances are beginning to sound as if he is motivated by hate.

I will prefer you put Joseph off, let him view this his thread become constructive as a guest

joseph1832: To those of you who have resorted to using insults to buttress your inane and mundane assertions I beg you to refrain from doing such.

I posted a thread to get the opinions of nairalanders if your assertions defer from mine please state it categorically! Most you resort to beer parlour radicalism? And display to the whole nairaland politic forum how myopic you are.

Please learn to argue constructively! That's the only way we can impact knowledge in ourselves.

Thank you all!.
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by tobounty(m): 11:30am On Dec 31, 2012
Do u kn d amount d bling on dat man will go for??pls somebody should tell Dat man ‎​τ̅o follow d step of christ not d step of don jazzy!!!

5 Likes

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by trigar12(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2012
Caesar1988: maybe ur father will replace him,ur father who is in ur village,so busy killing hen for one small idol every morning....
For you to abuse someone's father in that manner, it means u lack parental care. I.d.i.o.t

2 Likes

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by Kingdavid2020: 11:44am On Dec 31, 2012
One can't really say what the role of the c.a.n president is. But the gentle man of god has really added a lot of "effissy", glamour and entertainments to the office. But as to weather he he has added any eternal value, to the christian community through the office, one can't really say. And eternal value is the essence of any appostolic office. Bot then, "a servant stands or fall only to his master". And this is the conclusion of the whole matter "11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be." Rev 22 : 11 and 12
Happy new year to you all
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by hagma37yahoocom: 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2012
Abeg let remove him, he is doin nothing for us. @OP i support your motion.

1 Like

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by Princejydo(m): 12:09pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ar u perfect also tel me
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by toluleke(m): 12:44pm On Dec 31, 2012
alienvirus: What is Oritsejafor
PDP's chaplain
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by toluleke(m): 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2012
Caesar1988: maybe ur father will replace him,ur father who is in ur village,so busy killing hen for one small idol every morning....
i wonder why you are following the footsteps of your father. Same behaviour that din't make him achieve in life. Smh
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2012
No one truly repects him. Few take him serious. CAN should be headed by a leader from a traditional church. This man is seen too much and his words carry no weight. Dressing like a clown does not help either.

2 Likes

Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by joseph1832(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2012
Ngwakwe: Seun, please can you remove Joseph1832 from Nairaland registered users.

His utterances are beginning to sound as if he is motivated by hate.

I will prefer you put Joseph off, let him view this his thread become constructive as a guest

Mr man I would advice you to put a sock in your own utterances... How dare you say "am motivated by hate" where were you when someone (caesar1988) openly insulted me, and my father?! Calling him an idol worshiper. Where were you when so many others here openly abused me?

You don't deem it fit for people like that to be removed from nairaland right? Rather you go about showing everyone how egocentric you are!

Well seeing that who stays on nairaland and who don't doesn't rest in your hands, I would prefer you take your stereotype opinion and shove it somewhere else okay!.
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by Limaoscar: 1:32pm On Dec 31, 2012
The mistake some people make is to think of CAN as a "Church". Far from that, CAN is a political arm of the christian body meant to protect the interest of christians.

Another misconception is that men of God should distance themselves from their leaders. So some criticize Pst Adeboye for praying for the president. So they prefer the president fraternizes with occultic men.

The Jesus we follow was labeled a friend of sinners,becos He was wining and dinning with them though He made sure he was the one influencing them and not the other way round:so all u holier than thou preachers may really not be following Christ.
Bulls eye!!
BTW you are a matured Bible Scholar. What i'm worried about is this generation of nominal Xtians who don't read the Bible, can't discern the times and have lend their minds to vain humanist philosophy and are busy consciously or unconsciously propagating satanic agenda against the Men of God...i'm really worried especially when i see people who claim to be Christians spending their youthful energy attacking the Clergy rather than following the Biblical admonition by Apostle Paul in 2corinthians 13:5 that says "...Examine yourselves to see if your faith is genuine. Test yourselves. Surely you know that Jesus Christ is among you; if not, you have failed the test of genuine faith."(NLT)and several admonition to pray for our Leaders.
We have suddenly all become judges....forgetting that God is the only Judge and He does not operate a democracy and His Theocratic rulership over all means He can elect one and put down another. Our responsibility amongst several others is to pray for our Circular Govt, Pray for the Nation, Pray for the Clergy/Seers/Prophets and all those call to nation building and trust God to do his thing.

I have seen comments from Atheists, Circularists and Moslems Targetting Christian Leaders and I can understand their positions and passion as well. 6 yrs ago when i was new on NL i use to stay up challenging and fighing/debating it out with them but now I'm wiser and do not even bother to respond to them unless it's a geniune post seeking clarification on our faith. Thanks again for your succint post and thanks to all who read and understood his perspective up here.
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by sammycarz(m): 1:33pm On Dec 31, 2012
alienvirus: What is Oritsejafor

Is the name of one of the ingredient use in cookin soup
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by Bestlyf: 2:03pm On Dec 31, 2012
Talking about the functions of CAN President, can somebody help in enumerating them. Until one knows the clear functions you can't actually say whether he's living up to his office or not. What are the objectives behind the eyistence of CAN in the first place? These are all determinants to how the office should be run. But since these facts are not available to me at the moment, I would say that Pastor Ayo has been doing well judging from what I have seen so far, aside little discrepancies here and there.
Re: Should Oritsejafor Be Removed As CAN President?! by vitality22(m): 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2012
Must you abuse someone's father? I sincerely doubt if you have a father or better still if you had a father. mtcheeeeeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders EFCC To Release Azibaola Robert, Jonathan’s Cousin / The Day Bail-out Palaver Hits Ekiti- Vanguard News / Wike Decries The Role Of The Military In The 2019 Rivers Governorship Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.