Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,693 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (660685 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
@bigdot1759, have u downloaded python and installed it alreadi And did u attempt to get any pdf tutorial too
And thanks for ur concern, doe I have my 'night' sleep mostly during the day smiley

@dsypha, lol I understand you, buh its just a normal greeting, it shouldn't get your worried smiley kiss
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by codeaddict(m): 8:29pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ajibel: @bigdot1759, have u downloaded python and installed it alreadi And did u attempt to get any pdf tutorial too
And thanks for ur concern, doe I have my 'night' sleep mostly during the day smiley

@dsypha, lol I understand you, buh its just a normal greeting, it shouldn't get your worried smiley kiss
You're joking, right? Or are you actually admitting to being female? sad sad

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by bigdot1759(m): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2013
Ajibel: @bigdot1759, have u downloaded python and installed it alreadi And did u attempt to get any pdf tutorial too

thanks lot, i'm very greatful, i'd download it but yet to install it cuz of light & i'm using a desktop now so anytime i do so i'll let u know, thanks verymuch
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by bigdot1759(m): 9:38am On Nov 15, 2013

i got some pdf on this python from it-ebooks.info
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 10:37am On Nov 15, 2013
bigdot1759: i got some pdf on this python from it-ebooks.info

Okay, yea they've got some good e-books. So when you're done installing, you are good to go. Python alreadi comes with an IDLE you can launch to start learning with so you don't need a 3rd party ide.
So don't rush things grin grin I know many who believe they can grasp everything in weeks buh its never so. Buh by dec, I think you should get to an amateurish level. GoodLuck wink
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by bigdot1759(m): 11:49am On Nov 15, 2013
Ajibel:

Okay, yea they've got some good e-books. So when you're done installing, you are good to go. Python alreadi comes with an IDLE you can launch to start learning with so you don't need a 3rd party ide.
So don't rush things grin grin I know many who believe they can grasp everything in weeks buh its never so. Buh by dec, I think you should get to an amateurish level. GoodLuck wink
i'm very greatful i've installed it & go smoothly, so i'll keep in touch with u when i need ur help.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by OmolodMilkman93(m): 12:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
codeaddict:
You're joking, right? Or are you actually admitting to being female? sad sad
lol
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Knownpal(m): 2:03pm On Nov 15, 2013
Haha is it that people no they learn Java again? Okay, we be silent stuffs huh?? grin
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Ajibel(m): 6:30pm On Nov 16, 2013
IamDebola: @OP. Since it's language issue. I advise you to start with Arabic. If Arabic look so difficult you can try Hindi.

Dry !!

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Manus17(m): 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
Dis forum is a bomb...really appreciate u guys...
Now to my ques...am really good @ C prog..but now..i wanna go into vb.net cos i heard it's easier for bulildin desktop apps used for calculatin e.g gp of a students,etc..and i think i may use it as data collection too..so which site will u advise me to go or which ebook will i start with as a beginner?
Thanks in anticipation...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 5hyguy: 2:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
ill suggest u learn c#, for window based apps, its the best,
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Manus17(m): 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
5hyguy: ill suggest u learn c#, for window based apps, its the best,
i don't really like c#..cos of it syntax complexity
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 5hyguy: 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
hmmm ok,
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Manus17(m): 5:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
5hyguy: hmmm ok,
so..can i go on with visual basic
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 5hyguy: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
well never really worked with vb for window apps, but i knew that it could be achieved using vb, cheers
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Manus17(m): 6:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
5hyguy: well never really worked with vb for window apps, but i knew that it could be achieved using vb, cheers
kk...thank u very much 5hyguy..really appreciate
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 5hyguy: 6:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
uwc
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by BluePearls(m): 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nice thread guys, really helpful. Just started following a couple days ago and gotten quite inspired. Just one dumb question guys though, for someone looking to pursue a career in programming (job-wise) in Nigeria, which branch of programming will you advise to follow. Thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by 5hyguy: 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
depends wat area u tend to work in, so web mobile apps or what
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Olamyyde(m): 12:56am On Nov 21, 2013
Please guys, is there any simpe java IDE for android that can run pure java programs? Terminal IDE is too complicated and AIDE only runs android java programs.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by wisemania(m): 11:43am On Nov 21, 2013
Manus17: Dis forum is a bomb...really appreciate u guys...
Now to my ques...am really good @ C prog..but now..i wanna go into vb.net cos i heard it's easier for bulildin desktop apps used for calculatin e.g gp of a students,etc..and i think i may use it as data collection too..so which site will u advise me to go or which ebook will i start with as a beginner?
Thanks in anticipation...
baba since ure gud @C den c# shud be d nxt in ur agenda.....am currently learning C....vb isnt dat perfect compared 2 d C family u kw..talkin about syntax complexity,what else kud be harder dan C aside asm...notin my guy.baba dont dull
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 25, 2013
pls, can any1 suggest a site Whr I can get tutorials on VisualBasic
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by wisemania(m): 1:44pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ruxy_G: pls, can any1 suggest a site Whr I can get tutorials on VisualBasic
baba type this on google:
"visualBasic,filetype: pdf"
u shud c a couple of ebooks and tutorials on it...*my2cents*

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.