Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,208 members, 7,839,114 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (663483 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
GrAnDwEeZ:

For your first program

import java.util.Scanner;
class freeStyle
{
public static void main( String args[]){
Scanner myScanner = new Scanner(System.in);
int size;
double price = 0.00;
String reply;

String input1;

System.out.print(" What is the size of your shoe ? "wink;
input1 = myScanner.nextLine();
size = Integer.valueOf(input1);

System.out.print(" do you have a shoe lace? Y/N "wink;
reply=myScanner.nextLine();
System.out.println(reply);
//reply = myScanner.findInLine("."wink.charAt(0);

if (size < 30 && size >= 45){
price = 1500.00;
}
if (size >= 30 || size < 45){
price = 2000.00;
}
if (reply == "Y" || reply == "y"wink{
price -= 500.00;
}
/* if (reply == N || reply == n){
price = 500.00. not sure what this is
} */
if (reply != "Y" && reply != "y" &&
reply!="N" && reply!="n"wink
{
System.out.println("Huh?"wink;
}
System.out.print(" price of shoe =$"wink;
System.out.print(price);
System.out.println(" thanks for coming" );
}
}
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Javanian: 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
GrAnDwEeZ: 4 this i've some codes before settling for this. thanks in anticipation

Your second program

import java.util.Scanner;
import java.util.Random;
class LoveCalculator{
public static void main( String args[]){
Scanner myScanner = new Scanner(System.in);
Random myRandom = new Random();
int Calc ;
System.out.println( " what's his name leave a space and enter her name then click enter. "wink;
myScanner.nextLine();
Calc = myRandom.nextInt(10)+1 ;
if (Calc == 1){
System.out.print( " 30%..with patience and peseverance you two will become Romeo and juliet "wink;
}
if (Calc == 2){
System.out.print( " 40%.. you guys really look compatible, but you ll need more than facial beauty to get along "wink;
}
if (Calc == 3){
System.out.print("jffjighjhif"wink;
}
if (Calc == 4){
System.out.print("fgrhvkjltgf"wink;
}
if (Calc == 5){
System.out.print("fgrhdftgf"wink;
} if (Calc == 6){
System.out.print("fgkjfvb rhtgf"wink;
} if (Calc == 7){
System.out.print("fjklfgrhtgf"wink;
} if (Calc == cool{
System.out.print("fgklnf rhtgf"wink;
} if (Calc == 9){
System.out.print("fgroprjvn htgf"wink;
} if (Calc == 10){
System.out.print("fgrhkjvi koetgf"wink;
}

}

}

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by LordRahl001: 5:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
blueyedgeek: There is no "best" language to learn. Which particular platform are you looking at?

Ios -- Objective C (Although, Apple have released their own proprietary language called Swift which will be replacing Objective C) and the cocoa touch framework

Android -- Java

Windows Phone -- C#, silverlight
if he wants mobile, y not recommend html5 and css3 for him ams he can convert with Cordva, phone gap PR webworks!! those could be easier with nice learning curve!!!
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by emonipoint: 8:02am On Oct 05, 2014
You can also check this out

it-ebooks.info/tag/programming/
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by oseiwe(m): 3:22pm On Oct 17, 2014
Now following this class. smiley
I'll be back with specific questions.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Adaeze003(f): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hi guys, i'm new here, 4giv me but I really cant go through all 30 pages...

Any C programmer in the house? I kinda just started learning from C and I have questions.

1st goes thus: if I have a two dimensional array of about 5 questions and I want to cycle through the array randomly, how do I go about it? If anyone can answer I can display the code I have. Can't rii now coz m using a phone...

2ndly, is objective-C close(syntax) to C? And does it have other applications apart from on ios?

I wanna be a web developer basically n i'm signed up to learn HTML5 CSS and javascript. What else do u guys think I should add to the list?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by INeedHelpAsap: 6:05am On Oct 20, 2014
learning HTML,CSS AND PHP.............
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by rawbaba(m): 11:52am On Oct 20, 2014
Pls can anyone help me with d site I can download WING IDE pro v5 fully crack
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
emonipoint:
You can also check this out

it-ebooks.info/tag/programming/
hw does dis sit wrk, im new in d postin aspect
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ajibowo11(m): 11:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
i av been trying to understand what w3schools is teaching i nid help
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 25, 2014
I'd really appreciate it if I could get some good advice here...I'm a computer science student who wants to develop games and apps for pcs and mobile devices.I would like to know the best way to start these projects...to elaborate,I'd like to start with simple 2d games..but not something mediocre,like SNES or Mario level...just action/adventure 2d side scrolling games where there's an objective and enemies,and fairly decent graphics,something like Gba Sp level...i believe I can advance after that to better engines like unity and stuff like that,then create apps..the point here is to gain experience and enjoy doing it..im reading actionscript 3.0 tuts and ebooks and I know how to use flash to animate...somehow...I animated a 7 second walkcycle for a character..I'm saving up for a 4th gen pc cos my current 1 is really crappy..i just want to know the best languages to start with,good engines for newbies..any help is appreciated...thanks

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 27, 2014
datopdlink:
I'd really appreciate it if I could get some good advice here...I'm a computer science student who wants to develop games and apps for pcs and mobile devices.I would like to know the best way to start these projects...to elaborate,I'd like to start with simple 2d games..but not something mediocre,like SNES or Mario level...just action/adventure 2d side scrolling games where there's an objective and enemies,and fairly decent graphics,something like Gba Sp level...i believe I can advance after that to better engines like unity and stuff like that,then create apps..the point here is to gain experience and enjoy doing it..im reading actionscript 3.0 tuts and ebooks and I know how to use flash to animate...somehow...I animated a 7 second walkcycle for a character..I'm saving up for a 4th gen pc cos my current 1 is really crappy..i just want to know the best languages to start with,good engines for newbies..any help is appreciated...thanks

I suggest you use java

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 27, 2014
sabiguy:

I suggest you use java
Thanks for the help bro...i already have eclipse and were learning java in school..i just want to ask about this enterprise edition and mobile edition ish in java...could u explain so ill know my next steps.thanks
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 27, 2014
datopdlink:

Thanks for the help bro...i already have eclipse and were learning java in school..i just want to ask about this enterprise edition and mobile edition ish in java...could u explain so ill know my next steps.thanks

It varies and depends on the exact app you want to develop since its on a mobile before I can explain
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 27, 2014
sabiguy:

It varies and depends on the exact app you want to develop since its on a mobile before I can explain
Lets say its a mobile game
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by rawbaba(m): 4:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
rawbaba:
Pls can anyone help me with d site I can download WING IDE pro v5 fully crack

I will appreciate if someone help me. With the license key or fully crack

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.