Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,495 members, 7,823,158 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? - Programming (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? (661259 Views)

As A Computer Science Student,which Language Should I Start Learning / Which Programming Language Should He Go For? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hibrahym: 10:36pm On Oct 15, 2015
qidos121:
python has implementation in java and .net
U raised some issues:
1. Potholes in C++ in its overall design.
2. Experienced programmers, even those that coded in it, never mastered it.
3. Some code in it 'cos of lack of choice.

Before I start answering, are these issues correct?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hibrahym: 12:01am On Oct 16, 2015
qidos121:
i'm learning cause i love solving problems and computer, i also love creativity so i decided programming would be good for me, i'm currently seeking for admission to study computer science at unilag. I want to prove that the black man isn't dumb by creating an app white people will take and use seriously, it's high time they started using things we create, it shouldn't be one sided. This are my reasons sir, any advice.
For u to show the white that the black man ain't blunt, programming is jus' the from the fundamental building blocks. U have to cut accros many fields in CS. I'm also learning. My first advice is Patience Upon Learning, take it piece by piece (i.e don't rush). Knowledge takes time, it doesn't mean u won't know anything 6month or a year.
The quicker it comes, same way it leaves. Patience.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Dumken(m): 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hibrahym:

Does he think serious companies such as Google, Microsoft, even Govts pay Assembly, C and Cpp guys same amount as Python guys? They won't even be sitting together, 'cos the thinking is different
Go and check the most valued guys. Besides why am i in this argument with you guys. When you talk about being paid. we are not considering the question again but even at that. The most valuable guys in any company are the c -> Assembly coders who have the power to do and undo. With C u are in charge of the app. And sometym last two years the requirement for an intel IT job is an Experienced Assembly programmer.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hibrahym: 3:06pm On Oct 16, 2015
Dumken:

Go and check the most valued guys. Besides why am i in this argument with you guys. When you talk about being paid. we are not considering the question again but even at that. The most valuable guys in any company are the c -> Assembly coders who have the power to do and undo. With C u are in charge of the app. And sometym last two years the requirement for an intel IT job is an Experienced Assembly programmer.
Don't even try to misunderstand me, I'm also holding ur view. I mean ASM, C, Cpp guys are greater than these "high level" guys, in thinking, knowledge... The designer of Python, Java are C programmers, designer of Ruby is a C++ programmer, and the list goes on. Their actions shows that they intend dominance by causing mass ignorance in the name of Simplicity and fun.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 9:36am On Oct 17, 2015
Hibrahym:

U raised some issues:
1. Potholes in C++ in its overall design.
2. Experienced programmers, even those that coded in it, never mastered it.
3. Some code in it 'cos of lack of choice.

Before I start answering, are these issues correct?
I did nt mention the above
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 9:37am On Oct 17, 2015
Hibrahym:

For u to show the white that the black man ain't blunt, programming is jus' the from the fundamental building blocks. U have to cut accros many fields in CS. I'm also learning. My first advice is Patience Upon Learning, take it piece by piece (i.e don't rush). Knowledge takes time, it doesn't mean u won't know anything 6month or a year.
The quicker it comes, same way it leaves. Patience.
. Thanks will stick to the advice
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hibrahym: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2015
qidos121:
I did nt mention the above
Sorry guy, the post wasn't meant for u. Naijaloaded bad usability.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hibrahym: 1:06pm On Oct 17, 2015
qidos121:
. Thanks will stick to the advice
Next to that is the Fundamental. Learn the fundamentals of Computer b4 learning programming. There few things to learn b4 programming, if u really want to stand out.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Dumken(m): 6:14pm On Oct 17, 2015
Hibrahym:

Don't even try to misunderstand me, I'm also holding ur view. I mean ASM, C, Cpp guys are greater than these "high level" guys, in thinking, knowledge... The designer of Python, Java are C programmers, designer of Ruby is a C++ programmer, and the list goes on. Their actions shows that they intend dominance by causing mass ignorance in the name of Simplicity and fun.
You said it all.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hibrahym: 6:45pm On Oct 17, 2015
mexzony:

Python c# java and others.
C++ has so many potholes even in the overall design of the language that is still much of an issue today.
I can tell you that even experienced programmers who have coded in that language for years never master the language even some have said that they use it to code stuffs like games and low level stuff silmply because they don't have a choice. Also on another note i can tell you that apples objective C is also a language that is not liked at all but what can the programmers do. I think you should look up the design and issues with the language on Google or do some research. Its an extremely powerful language I don't argue with that at all.
U raised some issues:
1. Potholes in C++ in its
overall design.
2. Experienced
programmers, even those
that coded in it, never
mastered it.
3. Some code in it 'cos of
lack of choice.
Before I start answering,
are these issues correct?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Intellab(m): 7:12pm On Oct 17, 2015
I am still thinking on the language to be perfectly good at.
During school days, I found it easy with c++, vb, java. But now, I want to focus on one that can help me build amazing android apps, bots for my IM stuffs.
So, what do you recommend?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by checkmateman: 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2015
Intellab:
I am still thinking on the language to be perfectly good at.
During school days, I found it easy with c++, vb, java. But now, I want to focus on one that can help me build amazing android apps, bots for my IM stuffs.
So, what do you recommend?

Since your focus is on android, then java is the way and also you use java for java phones (J2ME)
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2015
Hibrahym:

Next to that is the Fundamental. Learn the fundamentals of Computer b4 learning programming. There few things to learn b4 programming, if u really want to stand out.
sorry to disturb but what are the things................
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Roks(m): 10:13am On Oct 19, 2015
clementcro:
Please i need someone who has a vast understanding about microsoft technologies to explain to me, what is the differences and similarities between
C# and C#.net
C++ and C++.net

Thanks

C# and C#.NET that's odd, they are both the same thing, the .NET which is the framework that drives the entire c# application. The .NET framework is just like an engine that drives the system other languages too lives in it, such as visual basic (VB),F# etc just to mention a few all work with the .NET framework
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fortunes0215(m): 9:28pm On Oct 19, 2015
Javanian:
Hence forth any i want to learn programming threads will be closed with immediate effect. Ask all your questions here cool...

Please do you have an idea of where to learn coding in lagos?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fortunes0215(m): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
Hibrahym:

Please where can one learn practical coding in lagos?
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hibrahym: 10:29pm On Oct 19, 2015
fortunes0215:

Please where can one learn practical coding in lagos?
Sorry, I'm not in Lagos. What and why are u learning, Perhaps I might give u a lead.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by ibnquasale(m): 11:21pm On Oct 19, 2015
you guys can argue blindly sha! Beffore you come here and give a very myopic view of how "useless" or inferior another programming language is, why not do an extensive research so that you can humbly back up your arguments with facts...

meanwhile, you can also show us what YOU HAVE DONE with your supposed powerful language instead of all these yeye noises.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by fortunes0215(m): 2:07am On Oct 20, 2015
Hibrahym:

Sorry, I'm not in Lagos. What and why are u learning, Perhaps I might give u a lead.
Ok thanks. Its not me per se. I have got a little broda who just finished secondary education and currently seeking admission to study electrical electronics. Whilst waiting for that, I want him to proceed to learn coding skills that would really expose him to the IT world and perhaps he could build his IT foundation from there. Thanks. I would appreciate your guidiance and that of others on this thread.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hibrahym: 7:17am On Oct 20, 2015
ibnquasale:
you guys can argue blindly sha! Beffore you come here and give a very myopic view of how "useless" or inferior another programming language is, why not do an extensive research so that you can humbly back up your arguments with facts...

meanwhile, you can also show us what YOU HAVE DONE with your supposed powerful language instead of all these yeye noises.
Rather than talking generally, jus' pick out "BLIND ARGUEMENTS" so that it can be answered appropriately, thanks. waiting...
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 8:25am On Oct 20, 2015
Hibrahym:

sorry to ask but what are this fundamentals

1 Like

Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hibrahym: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2015
qidos121:
sorry to disturb but what are the things................
Always start with the historical background. Then the introduction.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2015
Hibrahym:

Always start with the historical background. Then the introduction.
sori bt i don't get
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by Hibrahym: 11:46am On Oct 21, 2015
qidos121:
sori bt i don't get
Don't worry I'll be more explanatory.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by decide: 1:00pm On Oct 21, 2015
Good morning NL, i ve been submitting my proposal on the master project i wish to work on but the keep referring me back. Please i want to knw if anyone can help with good masters project in masters. thanks, your responses are acknowledged.
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by qidos121(m): 6:59pm On Oct 21, 2015
Hibrahym:
Don't worry I'll be more explanatory.
please explain
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by checkmateman: 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2015
decide:
Good morning NL, i ve been submitting my proposal on the master project i wish to work on but the keep referring me back. Please i want to knw if anyone can help with good masters project in masters. thanks, your responses are acknowledged.

I don't get you. A masters project in computer science or what exactly
Re: I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? by macjireh: 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2015
so wats d average cost 4 learning A+ Networking CCNA MSCE JAVA PHP C C++ AND SO ON

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (165) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.