Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,173 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? (16440 Views)

Here’s How Kano State Counted Down To The New Year In Style (PHOTOS) / TeHN Wishes All Nairalanders A Merry Christmas And Happy New Year In Advance. / You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by djfiifi(m): 3:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
igbeke:
wat is a ghanian doing here in NL?
better scram now.

shame on you xenocentric fool.
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by soniainchristy(f): 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2013
in my dialect,bini it is called iselogbe.
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by TBD(m): 4:35pm On Jan 01, 2013
In Nupe from niger state, kube eya woro.
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
"Eku Odun Tutun" Piers Morgan can comfirm that.
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by MANOSUB(m): 7:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
In Bini, you could say ISE LO GBE, to be general but to be specific happy new year is OGHOGHO UKPO GBON
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by odumchi: 8:52pm On Jan 01, 2013
NRI PRIEST:

You should say in "Aro Igbo"....You make it seems like every Igbo speaks Aro. I hate when ppl do that.

In Anambra-Igbo we "Aro ofuu oma".

You're supposed to know that Igbo varies. It cannot be said that what I wrote is not Igbo language. I simply wrote what my parents taught me as "Igbo language".

Happy New Year, Nri.

ogtavia:

Where are you from and why are u using the letter ''v'' in most of ur statements?

M za Arochukwu. O aga anyinde za asu.
I'm from Arochukwu. That's how we speak.
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by odumchi: 9:03pm On Jan 01, 2013
J12:

Ol'boy wetin you dey talk?

Translation:

Greeting: My friend, how are you? Have a good new year; let the old year go in peace. Let the new year bring good things and progress; let God protect you and your family so that you won't suffer illness; so that haters and enemies won't see you. He who says that this new year will not be a good one for you says that to himself.

Response: Yes oo. Let it be with you as you have wished me.
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by charityexplicit(f): 9:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
me wola odo tito. That's what igala's say in kogi state
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by Uwakuwak(f): 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
Teenage Money: One of the ppl wey no suppose see 2013
let's forgive him.
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by Uwakuwak(f): 10:37pm On Jan 01, 2013
Inemesit obufa isua8-);>::pshocked
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by kcclink: 6:22am On Jan 02, 2013
in Igbo it is Anuri afo ohuu or Anuri nke aho ofuu.[color=#000099][/color][/b][b]
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by seunny4lif(m): 6:29am On Jan 02, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin ;DIN OUR LANGUAGE?
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by Petraman(m): 12:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
A kú ewu ọdún titun, Ẹ̀mí á se púpọ̀ rẹ̀ o.
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by Jobabori(m): 12:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
Laitesmart: It is here again. Another festive period as a result of a new year. In yoruba, it is... E ku ewu odun titun o!!
How do you greet people happy new year in your own language?
Odun tuntun de
Jesu mo be o o
Ekun a sun rin
Ma mo mu bami o.
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by amanyi4u(m): 1:52pm On Jan 02, 2013
Igala= wola odor titi
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by digospel2: 4:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
Irigwe: sondu ne ryewhi
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by sun1128: 6:00pm On Jan 02, 2013
Iselogbe
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by Hilaskee(m): 12:24am On Jan 03, 2013
Ikwerre - Sarima awhua ikne
Re: How Do You Say Happy New Year In Your Language? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 13, 2013
toboy: lol you caught him red handed!
H

That was funny though lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Battles To Survive After Rescuing Baby Form Fire / Help: My Longi Prepaid Meter Is Not Supplying Light / Your Toilet Seat Is Your Thinking Chair: True Or False?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.