Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) (5556 Views)

My New Observation On Data Subscription Exclusively On Airtel / 'World's Largest Building' Opens.in China. / Largest Collection of Educational Video Documentaries in Nigeria For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 2:56am On Jan 01, 2013
It all started when a nairalander with the username seun: created a thread where he requested for a playstation 3 urgently, i replied and told him that i have 1 for sale, he sent me his email and we began to discuss about the price of the said playstation 3. we agreed that he would send the said money required to get the ps3 and some games to my brothers GTB bank account, he called me on 30th night and told me he has sent the money via GTB online intra online banking, on 31st the agreed date, i went to alaba to get the games his requested for, i was about to get the games with my own money, cause i believed he had already sent the money, i called my brother to enquire about the money, and he told me that he hasn't recieved any alert yet.
i kept calling seun: for over 4hours but he didnt pick, he sent me a message that he was not at a convenient place to talk. i later sent him a message around 5pm to express my disappointment for making me wait almost 5hrs at alaba and also telling him that i had bought the games(whereas i didnt). he said he would send the money on 31st evening. then i decided to look-up the email he sent to my phone on nairaland, from the email, my research grew wide and to my surprised i discovered that this guy has over 7 IDs on NL, here they are:
Xandersmart
Achodave
Engr.Ali
Ossytelecoms
Olayinke
Dogmasters
Harmony293(FEMALE)
Extraordinary(60% sure of this one)
And he operates with over 5 phone numbers. here they are:
08068001801, 08100171619, 07068080177, 08130778025, 07029497860, 08093682671 with an international number +447552447148

He has over 5 emails.
ossytelecoms@gmail.com
richykasali@gmail.com
crenexdistributions@gmail.com
boygenius@yahoo.com
sexyharmony@gmail.com
dogmasters7@gmail.com
BB PIN: 282AD33F
From my investigation, he is located at abia state, and he has an account with first bank, with the name kasali oluwasegun rahoof and he claims to be an igbo guy
am not saying he is a scammer, but then why the different usernames, phone numbers, emails and account number with a different acclaimed name.
These were my humble observation
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by nas4q(m): 4:14am On Jan 01, 2013
Thank your God that you have not lost cash just yet. I wonder how some people could be so careless when dealing with online business. How on earth will the OP contemplate to even try to buy the goods without receiving payments. Thank ur God u never fall maga before using ya head.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Gboliwe: 7:55am On Jan 01, 2013
May God save us
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Seun(m): 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
This is awful. Something should be done about it.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by manny4life(m): 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2013
Fraud everywhere.

Seun, not only saying that this is awful, you need to do something about the growing trend of fraudulent activity on NL. There is no week or month that passes by without one case or other of some scam activity, make haste brother..
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by onatisi(m): 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
Seun: This is awful. Something should be done about it.
seun i don't think there is anything u can do about it , all these transactions were carried out by the individuals who knowingly went against common sense , just imagine how can someone transfer 90k to someone you have never seen , met , that eve if you walk by the person on the main road you wont recognize , i keep saying it that ppl that you see ,eat and dine with still scam and dupe you how much more ppl you have never met or seen, and most annoyingly of it all is that most of thse deals were done at ridiculous prices ,imagine someone sending money to some to buy a product that sells for 60k in the market for 15k,pls shouldn't common sense hav told that person that it was a scam. scammers feed on greedy ppl appetite.look at this case the op went ahead and almost sent the product the normal thing for any trader is to wait for payment to clear before sending even multi billion naira companies will wait for payment to clear even before sending a 100 naira goods .if i send u some of these scam links you will roll on the floor with laughter , imagine someone selling a forex robot that will make 1100%profit !and yet ppl went ahead to pay, not 100% i mean 1100%and yet some ppl believed and sent him money , just imagine
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by FXKing2012(m): 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
This dude is definitely entering my infamous list here:
www.nairaland.com/1142530/list-known-scammers-nairaland-pls
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Seun(m): 2:21pm On Jan 01, 2013
Most scammers are very clever and the only way they will be caught is if their initial victims report them to us, using the "report to moderator" button. In this case, the scammer was caught and I trust that the moderator will ensure that all his accounts are banned from posting ads. We appreciate your vigilance very much, and we have no doubt that if you keep it up, fraudsters will have no where to hide. Thanks once again.

3 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by FXKing2012(m): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2013
Seun: This is awful. Something should be done about it.

The OP said the scammer's name is seun (I blv not your own seun), my question is is it possible for two people to have/use the same username on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2013
onatisi:
seun i don't think there is anything u can do about it , all these transactions were carried out by the individuals who knowingly went against common sense , just imagine how can someone transfer 90k to someone you have never seen , met , that eve if you walk by the person on the main road you wont recognize , i keep saying it that ppl that you see ,eat and dine with still scam and dupe you how much more ppl you have never met or seen, and most annoyingly of it all is that most of thse deals were done at ridiculous prices ,imagine someone sending money to some to buy a product that sells for 60k in the market for 15k,pls shouldn't common sense hav told that person that it was a scam. scammers feed on greedy ppl appetite.look at this case the op went ahead and almost sent the product the normal thing for any trader is to wait for payment to clear before sending even multi billion naira companies will wait for payment to clear even before sending a 100 naira goods .if i send u some of these scam links you will roll on the floor with laughter , imagine someone selling a forex robot that will make 1100%profit !and yet ppl went ahead to pay, not 100% i mean 1100%and yet some ppl believed and sent him money , just imagine
well i wouldnt have sent it without his payment am not that dumb. its just that i almost bought the ones he requested that i didnt have. I still thank God i didnt buy it, i could have wasted my money.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by onatisi(m): 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2013
the.game:
well i wouldnt have sent it without his payment am not that dumb. its just that i almost bought the ones he requested that i didnt have. I still thank God i didnt buy it, i could have wasted my money.
i am sorry , but pls try to understand me , i may be wrong in ur own case and for which i sincerely apologize, but imagine how ppl throw money about you will be amazed at some of the stories about scams on this site ,if i sent u some links you will laugh , imagine a seller of lr was telling me to send half payment that he will send me the full lr and i can pay later just imagine that. pls do pardon me if my comments come as harsh i am just angry . someone was advertising a forex robot that can make 1100%profit and yet ppl were asking how they can buy it just imagine

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2013
FXKing2012:

The OP said the scammer's name is seun (I blv not your own seun), my question is is it possible for two people to have/use the same username on nairaland?
he(the scammer) has a colon : after his username. its obvious he had an ulterior motive thus creating a username similar to seun's own
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2013
onatisi:
i am sorry , but pls try to understand me , i may be wrong in ur own case and for which i sincerely apologize, but imagine how ppl throw money about you will be amazed at some of the stories about scams on this site ,if i sent u some links you will laugh , imagine a seller of lr was telling me to send half payment that he will send me the full lr and i can pay later just imagine that. pls do pardon me if my comments come as harsh i am just angry . someone was advertising a forex robot that can make 1100%profit and yet ppl were asking how they can buy it just imagine
yeah you are right, i have seen some threads too, they were quite funny. A guy even emailed me regarding that LR stuff, that i should make half payment of which i discarded the mail. But in this case i didnt imagine that a seller can be scammed too.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by onatisi(m): 3:01pm On Jan 01, 2013
the.game:
yeah you are right, i have seen some threads too, they were quite funny. A guy even emailed me regarding that LR stuff, that i should make half payment of which i discarded the mail. But in this case i didnt imagine that a seller can be scammed too.
pls once again i am sorry for my harsh words earlier.there is nothing anyone can do to stop scams it has been with us since the creation of this world , the only thing or prevention is for ppl to get smart and wise and it is quite simple ,never send money to someone else account unless u have seen the person face to face and you have done enough investigation about the person .happy new year my bro
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Seun(m): 3:02pm On Jan 01, 2013
I haven't had time to fully investigate, but so far I've not been able to find any conclusive evidence to the effect that the accused is a scammer.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Seun(m): 3:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
FXKing2012: my question is is it possible for two people to have/use the same username on nairaland?
He was "seun:" and not "seun". A subtle difference.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 01, 2013
onatisi:
pls once again i am sorry for my harsh words earlier.there is nothing anyone can do to stop scams it has been with us since the creation of this world , the only thing or prevention is for ppl to get smart and wise and it is quite simple ,never send money to someone else account unless u have seen the person face to face and you have done enough investigation about the person .happy new year my bro
As for me, i would be more careful next time and i hope others too wont fall for those scammers sweet mouths. Happy new year to you too bro
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by FXKing2012(m): 4:18pm On Jan 01, 2013
Seun:

Oh I see....very smart of him I must say.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 01, 2013
Seun: I haven't had time to fully investigate, but so far I've not been able to find any conclusive evidence to the effect that the accused is a scammer.

am not saying he is a scammer,
These were my humble observation
i just shared my experience and observation with him and seems pretty much like a scammer to me. also another nairalander complained about him earlier on this link. https://www.nairaland.com/1112953/fraudsters-yahoo-boys-thread-beware
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by ceejay80s(m): 5:00pm On Jan 01, 2013
nas4q: he has an account with first bank, with the name kasali oluwasegun rahoof
thank GOD no be ibo, oya yorubas, over to u
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by ceejay80s(m): 5:23pm On Jan 01, 2013
As long as he has more than 1 username in an online forum, he's a scammer, imagine, he is even pretending to be a female with a female profile, una need to see him with guns and matchets b4 una go know say na armed robber?
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 01, 2013
I actually bought 2 stuff frm rahoof. I have his pin on my bb. And so far dnt think av had an issue with him. Xcept he keeps sending his brother and I haven't seen him face to face b4. But all transacts have been good
Seun: I haven't had time to fully investigate, but so far I've not been able to find any conclusive evidence to the effect that the accused is a scammer.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Seun(m): 6:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
kinesis: I actually bought 2 stuff frm rahoof. I have his pin on my bb. And so far dnt think av had an issue with him. Xcept he keeps sending his brother and I haven't seen him face to face b4. But all transacts have been good

Can someone investigate properly. I can't find any evidence that those numbers and email addresses are owned by the same person and that he's the person whose name was published by the Op. If the OP's allegations can't be substantiated, then we will need to apologize to the accused.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2013
Seun: OPro

Can someone investigate properly. I can't find any evidence that those numbers and email addresses are owned by the same person and that he's the person whose name was published by the Op. If the OP's allegations can't be substantiated, then we will need to apologize to the accused.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2013
search the numbers with the local search button and you will see that the number 08100171619 is linked to 3 accounts harmony293, ossytelecoms and achodave, same thing applies for other numbers.
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jan 01, 2013
they are all owned by the same person. search the numbers with the local search button. Regarding his username, i tracked him down with the email he sent me, which is richykasali@gmail.com which was also linked to the username Engr.ali . They are all linked, here is the screenshot of the email he sent me.

Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2013
the screenshot
of the email he sent me. all the above usernames were located at abia.

Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jan 01, 2013
i forget to add that 07068080177 was the number he used in calling me, when i ran a search on the number, it linked him to other usernames
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by dridowu: 7:34pm On Jan 01, 2013
Seun:
ds 1 na real shine ur eyes
Re: Nairaland's Largest Scammer? (my Observation) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jan 01, 2013
Seun:

the.game:
i forget to add that 07068080177 was the number he used in calling me, when i ran a search on the number, it linked him to other usernames
here is a link to the screenshot of my call details from mtn's website Screenshot link

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dell Inspiron Corei7,1tb ,8gb,keyboard light@ 115k / Very Good LCD, Plasma, LED TV For Sale / Best Deal On England Twyford Water Closet,spain/italian Tiles.sale And Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.