Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,545 members, 7,847,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread - Education (156) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread (310367 Views)

Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread / Uniport 2014 Post-graduate | Master|phd|ma| Msc |med |meng |mba|pgd Form Now Out / Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by goodmercy: 6:51am On Nov 11, 2013
Boomboom

LATEST ON STRIKE: Indeed ASUU sets to suspend strike week – Union leaders
PUNCH NIGERIA
Indications have emerged that the Academic Staff Union of Universities may call off the over four-month-old strike on Thursday.
Barring a last-minute change, the National Executive Committee of ASUU will meet on Wednesday night to consider the position of the congresses of the over 50 public universities on the offer made by the Federal government to revamp the institutions.
The union met with a Federal Government team led by President Goodluck Jonathan last Tuesday in Abuja.
The ASUU leadership, after briefing the zonal coordinators on the offer, had directed the local branches to organise congress meetings between Friday last week and Tuesday (tomorrow).
This is to enable all the lecturers to make input into the action the union would take after its NEC meeting on Thursday.
However, feelers from most universities that had organised their congresses revealed that ASUU would suspend the strike after the Thursday NEC meeting.
In some universities, including the Obafemi Awolowo University and the Lagos State University that have scheduled their congress meetings for Monday (today), union leaders and lecturers expressed hope that the strike would end this week.
Also, some top officials of the union in some of the nine zones of ASUU said even though they were not happy with the plan by the government to inject N220bn yearly into the public universities for the next five years, they were pleased that a commitment had been obtained by the union.
Though the Ibadan Zonal Coordinator of ASUU, Dr. Nasir Adesola, confirmed that the NEC meeting would hold on Wednesday, he did not say whether the strike would be called off or not.
“Yes, the NEC will hold on Wednesday evening but ASUU has a process which we are going to follow. NEC reserves the right to call off the strike after due consultation with members and this is why congresses are being called in all the chapters of the union. Please, wait till after the congress,” he told one of our correspondents on the telephone.
But another source said, “Our NEC meeting will hold between Wednesday night and Thursday. Our chapters have started holding meetings to discuss the Federal Government’s offer. This is to allow input from all the lecturers. We have to carry them along to avoid disunity since there are moves by some elements to infiltrate us.”
Another source told one of our correspondents that some members had expressed mixed feelings about the Federal Government’s new offer based on its refusal to honour past agreements.
“The radicals among us are sceptical about this latest offer. They do not believe that government will respect the agreement. Their view is that government only wants to deceive the union to call off the strike before it will jettison it.”
A top official of the union, who confirmed the fears, told one of our correspondents that although members’ opinions at the zonal congresses were divided over the government’s offer, the majority still decided to give the government the benefit of the doubt.
He also said that the majority opinion was that the review of the agreement which was supposed to hold this year should be postponed till next year in the interest of peace.
The official added, “Members were persuaded because President Goodluck Jonathan personally met with the union. They felt since the President was involved in the negotiation this time around, the government would not say that it was arm-twisted to make the offer.
“This is the problem we are having with the 2009 agreement. By now we should be talking about a review but we are still having troubles with implementation.
“Although feelers across the zones are that we should call off the strike, we are going to put down the government offer in black and white and make it public so that nobody accuses us tomorrow of asking for too much.”
Some universities are expected to hold their congresses on Monday (today) to discuss the outcome of the zonal congresses held at nine centres across the country last week.
A source at the meeting between the government and ASUU told one of our correspondents that the government after a long debate agreed to inject N220bn yearly for the next five years beginning from 2014.
He had said, “The meeting should be the longest that we have ever had on this crisis but I can tell you that both parties were frank all through the discussions. The parties also showed commitment towards ending the crisis. The President in particular showed that he was serious about ending the strike and that was why he offered to release over N1tn to the universities in the next five years.
“The money will be released on a yearly basis at N220bn per annum beginning from 2014. For the outgoing year, the Federal Government will only release N100bn and this has been processed.
“In order to show commitment to this deal, the money will be kept at the Central Bank of Nigeria and will be released on a quarterly basis to the universities. So, there won’t be any problem about funding the deal.”
The source added that the National Universities Commission and the Trade Union Congress would be joint guarantors of the new agreement while the Minister of Education would be the implementation officer.
He said that the government also agreed, among other things, to revamp the public universities by ensuring that all the issues that always lead to strike were dealt with once and for all.

2 Likes

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 11, 2013
goodmercy: Boomboom

PUNCH NIGERIA
Indications have emerged that the Academic Staff Union of Universities may call off the over four-month-old strike on Thursday.
Barring a last-minute change, the National Executive Committee of ASUU will meet on Wednesday night to consider the position of the congresses of the over 50 public universities on the offer made by the Federal government to revamp the institutions.
The union met with a Federal Government team led by President Goodluck Jonathan last Tuesday in Abuja.
The ASUU leadership, after briefing the zonal coordinators on the offer, had directed the local branches to organise congress meetings between Friday last week and Tuesday (tomorrow).
This is to enable all the lecturers to make input into the action the union would take after its NEC meeting on Thursday.
However, feelers from most universities that had organised their congresses revealed that ASUU would suspend the strike after the Thursday NEC meeting.
In some universities, including the Obafemi Awolowo University and the Lagos State University that have scheduled their congress meetings for Monday (today), union leaders and lecturers expressed hope that the strike would end this week.
Also, some top officials of the union in some of the nine zones of ASUU said even though they were not happy with the plan by the government to inject N220bn yearly into the public universities for the next five years, they were pleased that a commitment had been obtained by the union.
Though the Ibadan Zonal Coordinator of ASUU, Dr. Nasir Adesola, confirmed that the NEC meeting would hold on Wednesday, he did not say whether the strike would be called off or not.
“Yes, the NEC will hold on Wednesday evening but ASUU has a process which we are going to follow. NEC reserves the right to call off the strike after due consultation with members and this is why congresses are being called in all the chapters of the union. Please, wait till after the congress,” he told one of our correspondents on the telephone.
But another source said, “Our NEC meeting will hold between Wednesday night and Thursday. Our chapters have started holding meetings to discuss the Federal Government’s offer. This is to allow input from all the lecturers. We have to carry them along to avoid disunity since there are moves by some elements to infiltrate us.”
Another source told one of our correspondents that some members had expressed mixed feelings about the Federal Government’s new offer based on its refusal to honour past agreements.
“The radicals among us are sceptical about this latest offer. They do not believe that government will respect the agreement. Their view is that government only wants to deceive the union to call off the strike before it will jettison it.”
A top official of the union, who confirmed the fears, told one of our correspondents that although members’ opinions at the zonal congresses were divided over the government’s offer, the majority still decided to give the government the benefit of the doubt.
He also said that the majority opinion was that the review of the agreement which was supposed to hold this year should be postponed till next year in the interest of peace.
The official added, “Members were persuaded because President Goodluck Jonathan personally met with the union. They felt since the President was involved in the negotiation this time around, the government would not say that it was arm-twisted to make the offer.
“This is the problem we are having with the 2009 agreement. By now we should be talking about a review but we are still having troubles with implementation.
“Although feelers across the zones are that we should call off the strike, we are going to put down the government offer in black and white and make it public so that nobody accuses us tomorrow of asking for too much.”
Some universities are expected to hold their congresses on Monday (today) to discuss the outcome of the zonal congresses held at nine centres across the country last week.
A source at the meeting between the government and ASUU told one of our correspondents that the government after a long debate agreed to inject N220bn yearly for the next five years beginning from 2014.
He had said, “The meeting should be the longest that we have ever had on this crisis but I can tell you that both parties were frank all through the discussions. The parties also showed commitment towards ending the crisis. The President in particular showed that he was serious about ending the strike and that was why he offered to release over N1tn to the universities in the next five years.
“The money will be released on a yearly basis at N220bn per annum beginning from 2014. For the outgoing year, the Federal Government will only release N100bn and this has been processed.
“In order to show commitment to this deal, the money will be kept at the Central Bank of Nigeria and will be released on a quarterly basis to the universities. So, there won’t be any problem about funding the deal.”
The source added that the National Universities Commission and the Trade Union Congress would be joint guarantors of the new agreement while the Minister of Education would be the implementation officer.
He said that the government also agreed, among other things, to revamp the public universities by ensuring that all the issues that always lead to strike were dealt with once and for all.
nice one from ASUU.
wait a minute...Mr.Goodmercy aka Boomboom aren't u scared of the repercussion of PLAGIARISM?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by goodmercy: 9:05am On Nov 11, 2013
Okeke_Onyi:
nice one from ASUU.
wait a minute...Mr.Goodmercy aka Boomboom aren't u scared of the repercussion of PLAGIARISM?
Point of correction I indicated the source which is punch, I never said it is my own idea or pretend to be own findings.
Mr okeke reading is my cultuere and always seek information. I am a historian/ an int'l studies student and I must what is going on around me. Aint u happy I always update this forum on ASUU/FG issue? And I never for once give false infomation on this forum At least apppreciate that

2 Likes

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by keyke(f): 10:33am On Nov 11, 2013
goodmercy:
Point of correction I indicated the source which is punch, I never said it is my own idea or pretend to be own findings.
Mr okeke reading is my cultuere and always seek information. I am a historian/ an int'l studies student and I must what is going on around me. Aint u happy I always update this forum on ASUU/FG issue? And I never for once give false infomation on this forum At least apppreciate that
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by keyke(f): 10:34am On Nov 11, 2013
goodmercy:
nice 1 dear, tanks 4 updatin us. Wat level re u pls
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by sapientia1(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2013
Okeke_Onyi:
nice one from ASUU.
why quoting the whole post?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by goodmercy: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2013
sapientia1: why quoting the whole post?

Na laugh I dey laugh o.
Cos u can't please the whole world
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by OluwaKidda(m): 11:18am On Nov 11, 2013
itz my birthday today jur....i rep History and International studies...JAMBITE...Ikire campus
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by hero10(m): 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2013
hemmyswag: . N also dis short man dat teaches eco in etf b, wit dat gramma english lecture wey do as if say e no ear yoruba grin. N also dis short man dat teaches eco in etf b, wit dat gramma english lecture wey do as if say e no ear yoruba
u wont believe it, its now i know d woman sabi speak yoruba. i gat problem with that our math lecturer i hardly attends his class
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by hebenz(m): 12:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
Bt there is no notification abt d 2nd list on d skul site
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
goodmercy:
Is so unfortunate that u misunderstood me once more on this issue...
Believe me nobody on this trend will say he/she doesn't have a reading culture or appreciate ur efforts or that of another person on this trend.
I still stand on my point which is Your method of passing across information contradicts CREATIVITY. take it or leave it!!
we are all students here nobody is above correction, so don't take it personal.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2013
OluwaKidda: itz my birthday today jur....i rep History and International studies...JAMBITE...Ikire campus
HBD good friend
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Mhizsleek(f): 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
OluwaKidda: itz my birthday today jur....i rep History and International studies...JAMBITE...Ikire campus

HBD smiley
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 11, 2013
Goodnews 4 thoes of us in state universities.....if the present ASUU/FG is being implemented finally we meant enjoy lower fees like our folks in d federal universities....
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by hebenz(m): 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2013
ow many list will uniosun release after 2nd list. pla i nid a reply
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Olril18(m): 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
goodmercy: Boomboom

PUNCH NIGERIA
good one bro
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Olril18(m): 6:15pm On Nov 11, 2013
Okeke_Onyi:
Is so unfortunate that u misunderstood me once more on this issue...
Believe me nobody on this trend will say he/she doesn't have a reading culture or appreciate ur efforts or that of another person on this trend.
I still stand on my point which is Your method of passing across information contradicts CREATIVITY. take it or leave it!!
we are all students here nobody is above correction, so don't take it personal.

so funny,mr okeke always seem to criticize mr boomboom update on anything!! it is either mr boomboom post like the latest is devoid of creativity,or the content is too long and mr boomboom should have summarize,or mr boomboom is a plagliarist....lol....
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 6:17pm On Nov 11, 2013
Hope you guys are getting ready to resume school on Monday?. My own books are very much ready. Just washed my school bag.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by sapientia1(m): 6:53pm On Nov 11, 2013
mayorall: Hope you guys are getting ready to resume school on Monday?. My own books are very much ready. Just washed my school bag.
i heard they(management) said we shld always wear white ankle 'stokings' on resumption, i just bought my own, tho' its 'okrika' 2nd leg socks! Lol
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by chuksisaac: 7:27pm On Nov 11, 2013
Pls guy.wat i saw on jamb brochure 4 polsci.was credit in mathematics.english govt or history and any arts or social science subjects,dis is ma o'level below.mathc5,engc6.historyc4,commerceb2,ecod7,literaturec5,crkb3,hope d screenin pertains 2 wat is on thier websyt nd jamb brochure..pls comment
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2013
Olril18:
so funny,mr okeke always seem to criticize mr boomboom update on anything!! it is either mr boomboom post like the latest is devoid of creativity,or the content is too long and mr .? boomboom should have summarize,or mr boomboom is a plagliarist....lol....
Coz Mr.Goodmercy aka boomboom is my very good friend....unlike u I don't know u..and for ur info and d interest of everyone on this trend I and Goodmercy with 2 others are representing our great school Uniosun in d upcoming Nairaland school debates...so both us knows what we are doing...(is a form of rehearsal 4 us)
Please we are not fighting or nether am I criticizing him...just let us be.
please people like u should stop raising dust where there is no sand. Peace™
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Pholarchemee: 8:04pm On Nov 11, 2013
Okeke_Onyi:
Coz Mr.Goodmercy aka boomboom is my very good friend....unlike u I don't know u..and for ur info and d interest of everyone on this trend I and Goodmercy with 2 others are representing our great school Uniosun in d upcoming Nairaland school debates...so both us knows what we are doing...(is a form of rehearsal 4 us)
Please we are not fighting or nether am I criticizing him...just let us be.
please people like u should stop raising dust where there is no sand. Peace™

Oouch! Come on! Dats too harsh!
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by goodmercy: 8:31pm On Nov 11, 2013
Boomboom

ASUU Strike Updates: UNILAG, UI, Others Voted In Congresses To Call Off Strike
CAMPUSTIMES
Barring a last-minute change, the National Executive Committee of ASUU will at its meeting on Wednesday night suspend the lingering ASUU strike to allow public university students to return to their classes as reports from the various local congresses of the union today has shown.
Campus Times gathered that at the University, members of ASUU in the University who have been front-liners in the industrial action today accepted the new offer from the FG and voted that the strike be suspend. Other Universities that have so far voted for the suspension of the industrial action are Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Uthman Dan Fodio University Sokoto, Federal University of Technology MINNA, and the University of Lagos. Others are, the University of Calabar, Federal University of Technology Akure, and Ekiti State University. As of Press time, only the University of Benin has refused to yield to the call that the 4-month old ASUU strike be suspended.
It will be recall the the Academic Staff Union of Nigeria Universities (ASUU) has on 1 July, 2013 embarked on an indefinite strike to put pressure on the FG to implement the 2009 agreement it entered into with the Union.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
sapientia1: i heard they(management) said we shld always wear white ankle 'stokings' on resumption, i just bought my own, tho' its 'okrika' 2nd leg socks! Lol
yeah....d strokings is a symbol of appreciations to all d ASUU members 4 their struggles by all Uniosun students....I bought my too...but is made in d United States of ABA (U.S.A)...lol
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by chiboc1: 10:33pm On Nov 11, 2013
hey!!! Am getting so so confuse here! 1)now that sku iz resuming soon,uniosun has nt yet uploaded it 2nd list,saying the deadline for the acceptance fee iz on the 15th!!! whats all this thrash nah Some shud pls say sometin cos am loosing itsad
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by chiboc1: 10:37pm On Nov 11, 2013
undecided I dnt want them to forfeit my admission o! What to do pls
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Aminat508(f): 10:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
hemmyswag: yesso am an ipetuite.
guy pls help me edit yr post nd remove my number...thanks
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Aminat508(f): 10:54pm On Nov 11, 2013
hemmyswag: yesso am an ipetuite.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Damifest(m): 11:13pm On Nov 11, 2013
chiboc1: hey!!! Am getting so so confuse here! 1)now that sku iz resuming soon,uniosun has nt yet uploaded it 2nd list,saying the deadline for the acceptance fee iz on the 15th!!! whats all this thrash nah Some shud pls say sometin cos am loosing itsad
calm down,d deadline is nt 4 u..it is 4 p.dites n merit list..i think u guyz gonna resume 1-2 weeks after d deadline,becoz d 2nd n supplementary list ought to be given 2 weeks 4 registration.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by bufness(m): 11:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
uniosun day madt o which kyn fulis deadline b dz ,I Neva even buy card sha
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by leosaintshow: 6:47am On Nov 12, 2013
goodday nairalanders, pls does anyone know when the uniosun's 2nd list will be out because i have been admitted via jamb(history/intl studies) n am loosing my patience and what confuses me most is the payment of fees, how are u guys(merit list n pd) paying when the fees are not even statedgoodday nairalanders, pls does anyone know when the uniosun's 2nd list will be out because i have been admitted via jamb(history/intl studies) n am loosing my patience and what confuses me most is the payment of fees, how are u guys(merit list n pd) paying when the fees are not even statedgoodday nairalanders, pls does anyone know when the uniosun's 2nd list will be out because i have been admitted via jamb(history/intl studies) n am loosing my patience and what confuses me most is the payment of fees, how are u guys(merit list n pd) paying when the fees are not even stated
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by leosaintshow: 6:51am On Nov 12, 2013
bufness: uniosun day madt o which kyn fulis deadline b dz ,I Neva even buy card sha
excuse me, aw do you guys know how to pay, where to and the amount to be paid

(1) (2) (3) ... (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) ... (225) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.