Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,378 members, 7,853,686 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 09:40 PM

Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread - Education (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread (310552 Views)

Osun State University (uniosun) 2015/2016 Post Utme/admission Thread / Uniport 2014 Post-graduate | Master|phd|ma| Msc |med |meng |mba|pgd Form Now Out / Osun State University (uniosun) 2014/2015 Post Utme/admission Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (225) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by chuksisaac: 12:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
plz@mayrol wat do u tynk iz d fate of we p.ditez.should we also begin 2 luk 4 connection?..cus i passed all d examz.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2013
chuksisaac: plz@mayrol wat do u tynk iz d fate of we p.ditez.should we also begin 2 luk 4 connection?..cus i passed all d examz.

Do if you gat any. The school do admit on merit without any aid though but not up to 30%. #Boldly said#.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Mhizsleek(f): 1:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
FG approves N400 billion for universities

- See more at: http://gistpage.com.ng/ng/forum/2100/fg-approves-n400-billion-for-universities#sthash.qBbBIgmP.dpuf

Nigeria
Posted August 19, 2013, 3:21 pm like 0unlike

The federal government has approved the sum of N400 billion to be used for development of infrastructure in public universities within a period of four years as part of the efforts to transform the nation’s universities to meet international standards.

This improvement to the education sector in the country will be documented and made available today at the meeting of the Presidential Committee on the Implementation of the NEEDS Assessment in the universities with representatives of the unions in the sector.

The unions include Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT), Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions (NASU) and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

ThisDay reports:

SSANU president, Mr. Samson Ugwoke, who disclosed this while addressing the National Executive Council (NEC) members at the weekend in Abuja, also hinted that the NEEDS Assessment Implementation Committee, chaired by the Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswan, has raised N100 billion from donor agencies to tackle the challenges bedeviling the nation’s universities in the year 2013.

He listed the intervention agencies to include the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) among others.

Ugwoke said the N100 billion would be shared among 61 universities in various categories such as re-furbishing and renovation of lecture theatres, re-furbishing and renovation of laboratory/library and the renovation of hostels.

He specifically pointed out that N96 billion had already been released to the affected universities noting that the intervention fund, aimed at bailing out the education sector is different from the annual budgetary allocation to the various universities across the country.

“Let me give you a tip on what the NEED Assessment Committee is doing. The president has approved that within the next four years, N400 billion would be expended in infrastructure development of Nigeria universities, to transform the universities to world class.

“N100 billion has been raised by Suswan Committee and 61 universities have been penciled down as contained in the NEEDS Assessment Committee. These 61 universities will share the N100 billion in various categories which include re-furbishing and renovation of lecture theatres and lecture halls, re-furbishing and renovation of laboratory/library and the renovation of hostels.

“The second category is building of new hostels of international standard, self-contain rooms, the latest model in the world. That is the standard to be built in every university, and also the state-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms, lecture theatres and halls.

“The committee is meeting again on Monday (today), when the document will be out. This time around, it is not only by giving university money, but it will be closely monitored by government to ensure that the money is used to transform the universities, to bail universities out of the present situation and develop them to an international recognised university standard,” Ugwoke stated.

Speaking further, he assured the non-teaching staff members that none of them will be retrenched going by the NEEDS Assessment report.

He, however, warned that any attempt to lay off members of staff would be resisted by the unions in the sector.

The SSANU president said: “I can assure you that our members will never be relegated, they will never be sacked or retrenched, there is nothing like that in the terms of reference of the Presidential Committee on the Implementation of NEEDS Assessment.

“We have three presidents against one in that committee and we are doing our networking. Unless they want to close the universities, they dare not try to retrench or touch our members. because when we go on strike, it will be mother of all strikes, they know that. Not even vice-chancellors will cross the gate of the universities.”
- See more at: http://gistpage.com.ng/ng/forum/2100/fg-approves-n400-billion-for-universities#sthash.qBbBIgmP.dpuf

How true is dis?
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Pholarchemee: 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2013
Mhizsleek: FG approves N400 billion for universities

Nigeria
Posted August 19, 2013, 3:21 pm like 0unlike

The federal government has approved the sum of N400 billion to be used for development of infrastructure in public universities within a period of four years as part of the efforts to transform the nation’s universities to meet international standards.

This improvement to the education sector in the country will be documented and made available today at the meeting of the Presidential Committee on the Implementation of the NEEDS Assessment in the universities with representatives of the unions in the sector.

The unions include Senior Staff Association of Nigerian Universities (SSANU), National Association of Academic Technologists (NAAT), Non-Academic Staff Union of Educational and Associated Institutions (NASU) and the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).

ThisDay reports:

SSANU president, Mr. Samson Ugwoke, who disclosed this while addressing the National Executive Council (NEC) members at the weekend in Abuja, also hinted that the NEEDS Assessment Implementation Committee, chaired by the Benue State Governor, Gabriel Suswan, has raised N100 billion from donor agencies to tackle the challenges bedeviling the nation’s universities in the year 2013.

He listed the intervention agencies to include the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), the Nigeria Communications Commission (NCC) among others.

Ugwoke said the N100 billion would be shared among 61 universities in various categories such as re-furbishing and renovation of lecture theatres, re-furbishing and renovation of laboratory/library and the renovation of hostels.

He specifically pointed out that N96 billion had already been released to the affected universities noting that the intervention fund, aimed at bailing out the education sector is different from the annual budgetary allocation to the various universities across the country.

“Let me give you a tip on what the NEED Assessment Committee is doing. The president has approved that within the next four years, N400 billion would be expended in infrastructure development of Nigeria universities, to transform the universities to world class.

“N100 billion has been raised by Suswan Committee and 61 universities have been penciled down as contained in the NEEDS Assessment Committee. These 61 universities will share the N100 billion in various categories which include re-furbishing and renovation of lecture theatres and lecture halls, re-furbishing and renovation of laboratory/library and the renovation of hostels.

“The second category is building of new hostels of international standard, self-contain rooms, the latest model in the world. That is the standard to be built in every university, and also the state-of-the-art laboratories, classrooms, lecture theatres and halls.

“The committee is meeting again on Monday (today), when the document will be out. This time around, it is not only by giving university money, but it will be closely monitored by government to ensure that the money is used to transform the universities, to bail universities out of the present situation and develop them to an international recognised university standard,” Ugwoke stated.

Speaking further, he assured the non-teaching staff members that none of them will be retrenched going by the NEEDS Assessment report.

He, however, warned that any attempt to lay off members of staff would be resisted by the unions in the sector.

The SSANU president said: “I can assure you that our members will never be relegated, they will never be sacked or retrenched, there is nothing like that in the terms of reference of the Presidential Committee on the Implementation of NEEDS Assessment.

“We have three presidents against one in that committee and we are doing our networking. Unless they want to close the universities, they dare not try to retrench or touch our members. because when we go on strike, it will be mother of all strikes, they know that. Not even vice-chancellors will cross the gate of the universities.”

How true is dis?

We dnt evn knw wat to believe abt dz strike.. Only God knws if dz z tru!
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by sirmuel08: 3:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hello Guys!! I wish all the uniosun aspirant here Best of Luck!!
For more info about Humanities and culture which are History, English, French, Linguistics and communication!! You can contact me on 08166212901 or pin:22A21D51
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Tehmitaryor: 9:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
Pls oh,,me i don't knw anybody 2 hlp or do runz 4 me oh,i scored 53%,2nd choice nd non indigin... Pls do i get hope @all?,,nd if any1 here wud assist me pls let me knw,,but i wil scrutinize u wella oh 2 avoid fraud,.. Ko si obo ni idanre o
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Joboms(m): 9:39am On Aug 20, 2013
Just passing by... Wishing evry1 gudluck.... Repping #OSOGBO campus

1 Like

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by thorbhy: 11:18am On Aug 20, 2013
Wen will the DE list be out?reply ASAP.tanks
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Juwonmania(m): 12:35pm On Aug 20, 2013
Tehmitaryor: Pls oh,,me i don't knw anybody 2 hlp or do runz 4 me oh,i scored 53%,2nd choice nd non indigin... Pls do i get hope @all?,,nd if any1 here wud assist me pls let me knw,,but i wil scrutinize u wella oh 2 avoid fraud,.. Ko si obo ni idanre o
Smile..............
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by teemama20(f): 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2013
Juwonmania:
Smile..............
any idea abt dat
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
Pholarchemee: I have 52.1... Am in for law,1st choice n an indigene.... Wat r my chances?
yeeepa!! U try o broda ,I gat 64 4 law nd 1 of my bro gat 65.5,see u @ d top broda,
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Damsman10(m): 12:58pm On Aug 20, 2013

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 1:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
cerebral assain: yeeepa!! U try o broda ,I gat 64 4 law nd 1 of my bro gat 65.5,see u @ d top broda,

E no mata oooo. God help us all.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by lexy94(m): 2:06pm On Aug 20, 2013
Pls I don't ave Anybdy to help me on my admission...pls if u can help pls reply tnx sad cry
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
Tehmitaryor: Pls oh,,me i don't knw anybody 2 hlp or do runz 4 me oh,i scored 53%,2nd choice nd non indigin... Pls do i get hope @all?,,nd if any1 here wud assist me pls let me knw,,but i wil scrutinize u wella oh 2 avoid fraud,.. Ko si obo ni idanre o
What is this trend turning to, why do uniosun aspirant have the impression that they need runs, connection and bribe to gain admission into the school.
Am an Igbo guy from Imo state but based in PH. during my utme days I choose uniosun as 2nd choice, applied for URP and scored 54.2 % in putme, after the putme I never did any runs, connection, or paid anybody to process my admission. The only step i toke was follow this trend from PH then. Do you know I was offered admission to study mathematics although it came late without runs or connection.
So is not all about runs and connection, I don't belief in that......

1 Like

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by ifemi25: 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2013
Okeke_Onyi:
What is this trend turning to, why do uniosun aspirant have the impression that they need runs, connection and bribe to gain admission into the school.
Am an Igbo guy from Imo state but based in PH. during my utme days I choose uniosun as 2nd choice, applied for URP and scored 54.2 % in putme, after the putme I never did any runs, connection, or paid anybody to process my admission. The only step i toke was follow this trend from PH then. Do you know I was offered admission to study mathematics although it came late without runs or connection.
best of luck for those that placed their faith on runs and connection or what do u call it.GOD will help you all.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Nobody: 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2013
ifemi25:
best of luck for those that placed their faith on runs and connection or what do u call it.GOD will help you all.
God will help them all and not me, I don't belief in it moreover am not a jambite,pdite or a direct entry student.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by Juwonmania(m): 11:43pm On Aug 20, 2013
Okeke_Onyi:
You made me laugh bro......... Remember taiye and kehinde were born the same day by the same mother but their destiny is different from each other........... No one is begging anybody here to do runs or whatsoever and besides if we advice them to follow up their admission, it is for the betterment of themselves and not us......... We are already students with our matric numbers ................. Remember no one has asked anybody to pay a dime into his/her acct...... Runs or no runs....... What will be will be. That's just what I know. But to all aspirants, if u believe in ur God pls keep calling on him and if u have one or two buttons I beg press am o coz God won't come down from heaven to help u oooooooooo na person he go use ooooooooo............ Peace

1 Like

Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 3:25am On Aug 21, 2013
Juwonmania:
You made me laugh bro......... Remember taiye and kehinde were born the same day by the same mother but their destiny is different from each other........... No one is begging anybody here to do runs or whatsoever and besides if we advice them to follow up their admission, it is for the betterment of themselves and not us......... We are already students with our matric numbers ................. Remember no one has asked anybody to pay a dime into his/her acct...... Runs or no runs....... What will be will be. That's just what I know. But to all aspirants, if u believe in ur God pls keep calling on him and if u have one or two buttons I beg press am o coz God won't come down from heaven to help u oooooooooo na person he go use ooooooooo............ Peace

Hmmm. Time will tell boss. Let's stop the advise for follow up for now, anyone who needs info should be able to read back pages. #peace#
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 3:29am On Aug 21, 2013
Osun state university ( uniosun ) to release first admission list early September if there's no strike, NASU strike looming, hold congress at the main campus today. #remember uniosun is weather#.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 3:52am On Aug 21, 2013
EXTRACTIONS FROM LAST YEAR.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 3:54am On Aug 21, 2013
Re: Osun State University Thread For
2012/2013 Admission by Teezman: 6:13am
On Aug 03, 2012
Hi i'm a non indigene who chose osun as 2nd
choice with 60% and yet i'vn't been offered
admission yet. All is well cos my dad is
working on it
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

2012/2013 Admission by Enytan: 6:29am
On Aug 03, 2012
lord change diz no admissn offrd yet,,2
admissn offrd.wen 47 is gettn admissn,y shud
my 54 be left owt.lord help me oooooo
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 3:57am On Aug 21, 2013
2012/2013 Admission by ola2solomon(m):
10:45pm On Aug 01, 2012
The list is out...for both regular and
supplementary sitters...I score 55% bus
Admin but no admission offered yet
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 4:00am On Aug 21, 2013
Juwon you are found grin

2012/2013 Admission by Juwonmania(m):
10:52pm On Aug 01, 2012
No admission offered yet. Score 50.5 and also
an indegene sef
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 4:02am On Aug 21, 2013
2012/2013 Admission by Akosbaba(m):
11:39pm On Aug 01, 2012
AH AFTER ALL MY FASTIN
ACCOUNTING 58.2
NO ADMISSION OFFERED YET
Y ME NAU?
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 4:05am On Aug 21, 2013
2012/2013 Admission by mayorall(m):
12:15am On Aug 02, 2012
PRESERVER:
why u wan fine mi na.
Oya,how much do you wanna fine me as it
is as I've eventually said.
No worry I go cari my bicycle come skul
2moro,u go ride am go chop 4 up town lodo
iya samadiiiiii...
(Quote) (Report)

Lol.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 4:10am On Aug 21, 2013
2012/2013 Admission by busayhour(m):
1:27am On Aug 02, 2012
54.5 want 2 study economics.no admissn
offered yet
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 4:12am On Aug 21, 2013
2012/2013 Admission by Dotunloba(m):
2:17am On Aug 02, 2012
Okeke_Onyi: Pls those that have been
offered admision,should try n let us know
their score,choice,indegene or not,etc. It
will help those that haven't been admited
know their stand!! pls it should b enforce in
this trend.peace!
political science,first choice,non
indegene,55.6%
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 4:13am On Aug 21, 2013
2012/2013 Admission by mayorall(m):
2:26am On Aug 02, 2012
Dotunloba: OMG!!! OMG!!! OMG!!! Av
been offered admission to study political sci
& inter relation

Thank God...make sure you connect yourself
in your campus and be useful to uniosun next
year aspirants...janjatulation to you...ama we
o.
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like

IS he?.
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 4:14am On Aug 21, 2013
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
2012/2013 Admission by ibroladh: 5:16am
On Aug 02, 2012
Bsc Accounting 2nd choice indigene
60.1%...so so so happy...wish every
nairalanders who are aspirants the very
best..May Allah surprise u all in dis Holy
month of Ramadan...Have faith ma pple
(Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Like)
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 4:16am On Aug 21, 2013
2012/2013 Admission by larride(m): 7:11am
On Aug 02, 2012
Omg!!!!!!!!! I just can't keep crying, God has
finally done it. 52.0% first and second choice,
accounting, I have been offered admission.
Thanks to God Almighty. I'm elevated.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: Osun State University (uniosun) 2013/2014 Post utme/Admission Thread by mayorall(m): 4:18am On Aug 21, 2013
2012/2013 Admission by yinkhar(f): 8:12am
On Aug 02, 2012
So happy,53.6~microbiolgy,first choice...i don
get admitted....Thanks to server,mayor and
janet(wishn odas the best)
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (225) (Reply)

Yabatech 2014/2015 Post Utme Examination/screening, Result And Admission Detail / Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.