Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Best Bible Translation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Best Bible Translation (747 Views)

Who Is Your Best Bible Character? / What Is Your Best Bible Study Devotional? / What Is Ur Best Bible Verse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Bible Translation by Serendipity: 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2013
Lately I observed that there are some portions of the bible that I can't really say that I'm conversant with, especially those parts that weren't in the SSCE curricula those days in high school.

Now, I want to start swotting up on some of those parts but there is a snag -- The version of the bible to use given that some authors have in the course of translating same made it lose the original and intended meaning.
So I would want you to recommend a good version to your mind.
Thanks...
Re: The Best Bible Translation by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 01, 2013
Good afternoon young sir,

When I did my SSCE back in '98 I made use of Goodnews bible and made a B3. So if you ask me I will say there are a lot of good versions out there but if it is to recommend, I will say Goodnews and New Jerusalem Bible.

But since you are preparing for SSCE, I believe they must have recommended texts. Why not check the syllabus and make use of the bible recommended?

Thank you!
Re: The Best Bible Translation by Serendipity: 10:22pm On Jan 01, 2013
striktlymi: Good afternoon young sir,

When I did my SSCE back in '98 I made use of Goodnews bible and made a B3. So if you ask me I will say there are a lot of good versions out there but if it is to recommend, I will say Goodnews and New Jerusalem Bible.

But since you are preparing for SSCE, I believe they must have recommended texts. Why not check the syllabus and make use of the bible recommended?

Thank you!
Preparing for SSCE? No sir, I didn't say that.
At any rate, thanks for contributing.
Re: The Best Bible Translation by Image123(m): 11:15pm On Jan 01, 2013
kjv and amplified version are not bad.
Re: The Best Bible Translation by Serendipity: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2013
Image123: kjv and amplified version are not bad.
Which is amplified version?
Re: The Best Bible Translation by Image123(m): 11:12am On Jan 02, 2013
Serendipity:
Which is amplified version?
amplified Bible you'll see at Bible bookstores.
Re: The Best Bible Translation by chibyki(m): 4:01pm On Mar 13, 2013
smileyso far the best translation I have seen and use is the Douay Rheims Bible (www.drbo.org).

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Is Not For Sale / Masturbation Is It A Sin? / Where Is The $420 Billion In Tithes & Offerings The Black Church Has Received?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.