Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,225 members, 7,836,090 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) (46682 Views)

Photo Of President Buhari’s Seat Of Power / Awka, Anambra state capital, one of major cities in Anambra Photos / Photo of GEJ sitted on the seat at UN Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by lacasa: 12:54pm On Jan 02, 2013
This is Front-Page material smiley
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by patanjaly: 1:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
When ever i see those southern peep ignorantly saying that northern governors are doing nothing but sharing d small allocation i laugh. Pls come to northern cities n see 4 ur self.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 02, 2013
please we are lucky that alot of the southern peeps are running back home or at the very least Abuja (still in the north) please stop advertising the north so they dont come back as we have little to no crime rate now so once BH stops we will have relatively no crime and have peace. HABA!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by anonimi: 1:21pm On Jan 02, 2013
patanjaly: When ever i see those southern peep ignorantly saying that northern governors are doing nothing but sharing d small allocation i laugh. Pls come to northern cities n see 4 ur self.

When you have a few million largely illiterate almajiris who do rankadede for any little gesture, life is easy.
How many of those roads are built by the FG and PTF and other non-state federal agencies?
How many vehicles do they have plying the roads in the north?
What is the soil condition vis-a-vis the south swamps and rain forests?
Why are they not focused on human capital development-education, primary, secondary, vocational & tertiary- for sustainability?
Do you how many government and other big buildings are practically vacant?

In any case, its good to see what the cattle herders are doing with the oil money from Niger Delta and the VAT proceeds from alcohol and hotel sales.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jan 02, 2013
^^^^ still, people that know nothing!

let me guess you are from.......?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by smoothlips(m): 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
*what!!!* there are no cars,the roads are so empty...it doesn't look like a prosperous city
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by NoiseMaker1: 1:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
What about Enugu or any eastern?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Originalsly: 1:26pm On Jan 02, 2013
Hmmm....lots of good roads....but not much traffic....is that a reason why the roads are so good? ...and can you take out pics when it is brighter?.... and hmmm....aren't there crowded areas?... like malls?... or you can't just go hmmm ....shooting people like that?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Jeel: 1:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
These are old pix
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by kelahns: 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
Poster,what of areas like anguwar Rogo,Mabera,marina and otherl Slums?... cheesy
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by advocate666: 1:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
stolen oil money.
poverty is still their portion.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by murtalaa(m): 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thank you Inno for promoting my town. Did you say you were born in Sokoto? How come we've never met ...well, may because you are not a girl. I practically know them all Igbo chicks in Sokoto, the cute ones at least grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by patanjaly: 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
@anomini remember that south had been on power 4 like 12years since 1999 so pls ptf is no more existing.but south has 13percent,niger delta ministry,nddc so if we are talking of non state intervention bodies the south is far ahead of north. But still thier leaders are doing great job so pls let not jeolosy stop u 4m giving them kudos.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by confusion247(m): 1:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
anonimi:

When you have a few million largely illiterate almajiris who do rankadede for any little gesture, life is easy.
How many of those roads are built by the FG and PTF and other non-state federal agencies?
Why are they not focused on human capital development-education, primary, secondary, vocational & tertiary- for sustainability?

In any case, its good to see what the cattle herders are doing with the oil money from Niger Delta and the VAT proceeds from alcohol and hotel sales.
That is one Nigeria for you. I am sorry for Niger delta people. They lay the eggs, and they don't have anything to show that the eggs is coming from their house. Northerners will always be grateful to gowon and awolowo.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by sashbaby(f): 1:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
patanjaly: When ever i see those southern peep ignorantly saying that northern governors are doing nothing but sharing d small allocation i laugh. Pls come to northern cities n see 4 ur self.

What are u feeling like. With over 30 years of military rule majority of the heads of state coming from the north, it will be a shame not to have infrastructure in that region. Sadly enough roads which are necessities for economic growth are now yardsticks for performance. SMH

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
Nice shots
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 02, 2013
murtalaa: Thank you Inno for promoting my town. Did you say you were born in Sokoto? How come we've never met ...well, may because you are not a girl. I practically know them all Igbo chicks in Sokoto, the cute ones at least grin

This one na Ashewo...

Sharia ia meant for guys like you..make dem cut that your joystick...make igbo girls for Sokoto rest small... grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by flow1759: 1:46pm On Jan 02, 2013
So sokoto is dis fine ehnnn?
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Omen100(m): 1:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
The gospel truth is that, we southerners are not truthful to ourselves, we always blame the north for our own failures, even when the north have nothing to do with our present day misdeeds. We should hold our leaders accountable for all their actions, imagine a total of $100b has being paid between the last 12years to the niger-delta states & there is nothing to show for it, its only God that will punish any of us southerners that will point accusing fingers up north.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by DANILSA(m): 1:55pm On Jan 02, 2013
Sealeddeal: the roads are sweet.
YES BUT TRY SOUTHERN ROADS cry cry cry
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by sashbaby(f): 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2013

What are u feeling like. With over 30 years of military rule and majority of the heads of state coming from the northern region. It's sad to see that road infrastructure which are essential for economic growth now are yardstick to measure performance in both the state and federal level. In a sane society such mundane development are left to the grass root that is the local govt to manage. In that creating employment. That is why this country remains a relic of the past. SMH.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by PapaBrowne(m): 1:57pm On Jan 02, 2013
Where are all the cars gone? Is there some kind of driving strike in the city?
Cars are a sign of a burstling economy. It might just be that the roads are excellent because they are hardly ver used.
The economy of the city looks stale.
Lovely pics sha.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Ogojohn(m): 2:01pm On Jan 02, 2013
THE WEATHER CONDITIONS IN SOUTHERN STATES CAN NOT ALLOW SUCH ROAD TO LAST WITHOUT POT HOLES. EVEN THOSE ROADS BUILT UP NORTH ARE DONE WITHOUT DRAINAGE AND THEY STILL LAST. TRY IT DOWN SOUTH AND SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITHIN A YEAR. SO IT IS NOT THAT THEY DO SUPER RICH ROAD BUT WEATHER CONDITION HELPS TO BUT DOES NOT FAVOUR ROADS BUILT IN THE SOUTH.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by sashbaby(f): 2:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
Omen100: The gospel truth is that, we southerners are not truthful to ourselves, we always blame the north for our own failures, even when the north have nothing to do with our present day misdeeds. We should hold our leaders accountable for all their actions, imagine a total of $100b has being paid between the last 12years to the niger-delta states & there is nothing to show for it, its only God that will punish any of us southerners that will point accusing fingers up north.

Who told u there is nothing to show for the large sum disbursed
Please get ur facts right.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by mayoroflag(m): 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2013
@ OP These pix are misleading. I can coin pix from Lagos and it'll be all looking like New York city. Every city has its good and bad side. Would have been nice if you show some slum love....

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Chanchit: 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
With all the pix I've seen so far, my village still looks better. Seriously.
Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2013
round

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by ortopazz(m): 2:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
shymexx: Northern Nigeria definitely looks better most parts of Southern Nigeria - the roads are well paved roads, great road networks, and the architecture is quintessentially their civilisation... From what I've seen so far, only Ogun state(Abeokuta) has similar quintessentially African architecture in the South...

Southerners are just noisemakers with absolutely nothing to show for their noise!! Ramshackled roads everywhere with unhygienic gutters, yet these clowns still think they're the best thing since slice bread smh... lipsrsealed

why wont it look better? After they have stolen and stolen, yet they cant beat the south, they have good roadwork networks what then? What of education, what of tourism! What of a peaceful habitation, its a shame that u compare these two regions, when the obvious is clear, in the south, it is really a case of live ur life, in the north,nada, u are afraid becos the language is a barrier meanwhile down south, u will find hospitality, will u sleep on those roads or at home, so much for 4 ur observation...mtcheew....

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
this is ibro hotel it's owned by the former gov of kogi state(u know his name) it's under reconstruction

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 02, 2013
plaza

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
kofar taramsiya just before sultan palace

Re: Pictures Of The Seat Of The Caliphate(sokoto) by dulphines: 2:48pm On Jan 02, 2013
anonimi:

Why don't you just acknowledge the fact that they are doing well and forget the sentiments.

I am from the South-South and the truth remains that the Northerners are more committed to development than we are. The so called cattle herders and Almajiris have benefited from the judicious use of resources by their leaders.

"soil condition vis-a-vis the south swamps and rain forest" shouldn't be an excuse for poor performance in the area of road infrastructure in the entire Southern Nigeria. We cannot afford to keep making excuses for failure.

Sincerity is key to achieving these challenging objectives.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Boma Goodhead Visits Femi Fani-Kayode And Wife (Photos) / COVID-19 Lockdown: President Buhari Addresses The Nation (Live Updates) / Edo Women Sweeping PDP Away From Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.