Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . (2513 Views)

Impact Of Good Academic Grades And Personal Qualities On labour Market Success / Can He Study Computer Science With This O'level Grades / Why Do Nigerian Universities Reject O'Level Results After 4 Years? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
My grades are(waec):
math-b3
eng.-c4
phy.-c6
chem.-c6
bio.-d7
geo.-abs(absent)
econs.-c6
agric.-c6
crk-b3 ,
with every other things(sat scores,school transcript,essays,good recommendations,tangible creativity etc) being perfect , plus dat my waec grades..will i b admitted irrespective of d grades ??. In d geography dat was absent,i dont just know wat happened cus i was present,,i wrote it myself and i made no mistake...its a mystery .
Pls be sincere,every comment counts,,,,,thanks
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Francobaresi(m): 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
Wah's ur sat score??
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by frankmoney(m): 3:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
what is mit
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2013
Francobaresi: Wah's ur sat score??
am yet to take d SATS,,but i sure hope for a perfect score .
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 02, 2013
frankmoney: what is mit
mit=massachusetts institute of technology,a world class/best research university located in boston,U.S .
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Francobaresi(m): 8:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
jehovahnoni: am yet to take d SATS,,but i sure hope for a perfect score .
Den u shuld take d SAT ist cos dat's d major requirement..safe!!!
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Nobody: 9:00am On Jan 08, 2013
Francobaresi: Den u shuld take d SAT ist cos dat's d major requirement..safe!!!
k tanx
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by davida222(m): 7:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
how much dos it cost to take SAT in Nigeria??
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by blabber15(f): 7:09pm On Jan 08, 2013
bros, you don miss road oh. Even Nigerian unis will have a problem with those scores.
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Kslib(m): 7:35pm On Jan 08, 2013
blabber15: bros, you don miss road oh. Even Nigerian unis will have a problem with those scores.
How ? Did you even bother to check the op's result Abeg if don't have anything resonable to say,just quickly log out with ur nokia2700 rather than spew rubbish...
You guys might think i'm taking things personal,but i know these sort of people who try to discourage and put fear in the minds of people...
Explain how his result got problem or forever remain silent.. He is a science student and he made maths,english,phy chem. He can choose agric or econs to make it 5 o level complete....
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 08, 2013
Kslib:
How ? Did you even bother to check the op's result Abeg if don't have anything resonable to say,just quickly log out with ur nokia2700 rather than spew rubbish...
You guys might think i'm taking things personal,but i know these sort of people who try to discourage and put fear in the minds of people...
Explain how his result got problem or forever remain silent.. He is a science student and he made maths,english,phy chem. He can choose agric or econs to make it 5 o level complete....
i owe u one..or make it three,,,u see..wat most pple dont understand abt american nd other foreign schools is dat,,ur grades and scores are just a plus to ur application...most skuls like MIT takes critical consideration of ur personality and potential ability...like wat i was told "they admit people,not numbers"...if u like have A1 parallel..if u gat a bad personality ure out..,,..damn all ur scores,,,take dis..a boy who built a nuclear reactor while in high school from d scrabs in his father's mechanic workshop was not admitted by MIT,,also a fellow who got perfect grades,SAT scores and so on..was denied admission in MIT,,,,,,admission in d u.s school system has much more attached to it dan just grades and scores..theyre just a plus to da whole saga .,,once again..I O U 1 @Kslib

1 Like

Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by blabber15(f): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2013
Both
of you need to do your research. Kslib, please get rid of that
inferiority complex so that you will be able to make cogent, coherent
arguments. I am applying to U.S schools this year. Call any admissions
office and they will tell you that although admission is a holistic
process, Grades and rigor of the courses in your transcript are the most
important criteria. They come before essays, sat scores and recs. I
think you should take the exams again. Do you even know how difficult it
is to get a 2400 SAT? Stop jonzing and face reality. I mean, MIT has an
admit rate of less than ten percent.
EDIT: After reading my first post again, I can see how the op might have been offended. For that, I apologize. Here is a more diplomatic version of my opinion.
Natural selection, survival of the fittest, dog eat dog world. The winners in life are those who are best prepared. Intense competition exists in the applicant pools of top iniversities in the world (and even Nigeria). The admission committees have to pick people who can handle the rigor of the college academics. How do they do this? By comparing academic backgrounds. Before considering extra-curriculars and essays, the transcipt must be reviewed intensively. Do you really believe that yours is good enougj. If you answer in the affirmative, then by all means, knock yourself out- apply. But, if you agree with me, then take this year's WAEC exams, and scatter it. Add that to the other kick-ass components of your application, and you'll be a shoo-in. Now, I shall retire to my own life and stop playing the therapist. Good Luck!
P.S: Klsib, was that pathetic sniping about my phone supposed to be a dig? If it was, you need lessons ASAP!
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Kslib(m): 11:01pm On Jan 08, 2013
blabber15: Both
of you need to do your research. Kslib, please get rid of that
inferiority complex so that you will be able to make cogent, coherent
arguments. I am applying to U.S schools this year. Call any admissions
office and they will tell you that although admission is a holistic
process, Grades and rigor of the courses in your transcript are the most
important criteria. They come before essays, sat scores and recs. I
think you should take the exams again. Do you even know how difficult it
is to get a 2400 SAT? Stop jonzing and face reality. I mean, MIT has an
admit rate of less than ten percent.
EDIT: After reading my first post again, I can see how the op might have been offended. For that, I apologize. Here is a more diplomatic version of my opinion.
Natural selection, survival of the fittest, dog eat dog world. The winners in life are those who are best prepared. Intense competition exists in the applicant pools of top iniversities in the world (and even Nigeria). The admission committees have to pick people who can handle the rigor of the college academics. How do they do this? By comparing academic backgrounds. Before considering extra-curriculars and essays, the transcipt must be reviewed intensively. Do you really believe that yours is good enougj. If you answer in the affirmative, then by all means, knock yourself out- apply. But, if you agree with me, then take this year's WAEC exams, and scatter it. Add that to the other kick-ass components of your application, and you'll be a shoo-in. Now, I shall retire to my own life and stop playing the therapist. Good Luck!
P.S: Klsib, was that pathetic sniping about my phone supposed to be a dig? If it was, you need lessons ASAP!
No offense,but this is "out of point"... You still haven't pointed out what in particular is wrong with the op's result.. Yes,you rebranded your first post with the second,but it's like you're telling the op to make sure he has a perfect result... WTF!!! As far as the op has one of the required result,(5 credits including math,eng,phy,chem and 1 other),he has a very high chance of getting admitted...shikena
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Kslib(m): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
Double post
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Kslib(m): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
Double post
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by blabber15(f): 6:01am On Jan 09, 2013
When compared to the results of other west Africans applying to top U.S colleges, it is very poor.
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 09, 2013
In as much as blabber15 is correct I still have my reservations wrt the way she attacked the op! Though she apologized but with all frankness void of sentiments I honestly think the OP should listen to blabber! But I stil commend kslib encouraging spirit u re a nice guy, blabber15 pls watch ur attitude on public forums u might b sending the right message in a wrong way!

Peace people
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Kslib(m): 8:17am On Jan 09, 2013
blabber15: When compared to the results of other west Africans applying to top U.S colleges, it is very poor.
Look i understand what you are saying,but it doesn't make sense... It like telling him to get a perfect result when the noemal requirement is just 5 credits.. Haba..
Ok,before writing post ume in top fedral universities,you have to score 200 and above.. Can you believe that someone who had 201 in jamb got admission,and someone with 250 didn't get admission.. Ask me why?? It is simply because the 201 guy performed better in post ume..
In a nutshell,what i'm saying is that the op's o'level result is what qualifies him to partake in the admission process while his SAT score plays the important role in the admission process..
Let me tell you,you can even use two different results in not more than two sittings to apply even if all your 5 credits are just c6.. They dont use only o'level results in admitting abroad,your SAT score plays an important role,your creativity also plays an important role and also your behaviour....
Sorry for the long post,all i'm just saying is that o'level result is just a requirement and not a determiming fator in the admission process.. I have never applied abroad,but i know this is the way things work... I might be wrong sha but you have to prove me wrong...
Re: Pls Help O , Will MIT Consider Me With This O'level Grades Of Mine ? . by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 10, 2013
Am really impressed wit everyone posts here,,,,kudos to ya
'all,,,,@blabber..i appreciate u,,@kslib..i applaud u,,,,,,okay...i know every pros n cons about MIT and u.s schools admission parols in general....,,to shed more light on this issue..i have visited d collegeboard's site a handful numba of times...when i checked about schools most important requirements,,what i always saw is personality and self quality,,,i have never seen grades in their most important requirements,,grades n other components are grouped as importants..not most important,,,now whys that..most schools like MIT are looking for promising students who can add to their school reputation..grades cannot tell d quality of a applicant..cus grades can b forge..xpecially here in naija sef,,dats y dey advise u to support ur application wit anytin from d extra-ordinary..like creativity,,just to get a clear picture of u....,,d question most pple asked MIT is "what do you really require from an applicant to guarantee admission ?" d answers is always "just be yourself"...so u see..its not grades,scores,recs.,creativity,et al..only God knows how they admit,,,,,,,,emm @blabber..ure sayin sometin abt my sec.school transcripts,,,,haha..dat is a sure tin..atleast i have not less than 8 A's in every one of dem..am a real geek back in my sec.school,,i dont just know y my waec is like dat sef...i xpected notin less dan B's..but luck decides,,,,,tank u peeps , sorry for d long post .

(1) (Reply)

Help Highly Needed / . / BREAKING: Strike: We Have No Agreement Yet With FG ― ASUU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.