Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN (17619 Views)

Ben Murray-Bruce Takes A Shot At Buhari / Ben Murray-Bruce Kissing Dianne Feinstein, A USA Senator / "President Jonathan Is Chairman Of Boko Haram" - Maiduguri Truck Drivers To BBC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by wellmax(m): 5:34pm On Jan 02, 2013
The Chairman of Silverbird Group and former Director-General of the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), Mr Ben Murray Bruce, has been named the
chairman of the board of directors of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN).

The Secretary to the Government, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim made the announcement yesterday. Other board members are: Funke Egbemode, Bola
Doherty, Farouk Dalhatu, J. N. Chinedu, Hajia Hauwa Kida, Chief Elvis Agukwe, and Abubakar Sarkin Fawa Damboh.

Details later

http://informationnaija.com/ben-murray-bruce-named-chairman-of-frsc/?utm_source=9jaheadlines.com&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by aspabay(m): 5:53pm On Jan 02, 2013
hmmm, Is this guy that good or is it that are no better hands. From NTA to FRCN, next thing he'll be chairman VON.
Anyway congrats to Ben Bruce
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Goddex: 5:58pm On Jan 02, 2013
Good one. Congrats.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by koruji(m): 6:09pm On Jan 02, 2013
I don't know why he is wasting his time participating in these monuments of incompetence.
Of what use are NTA, FRCN and VON - other than propaganda mouth pieces?

wellmax: The Chairman of Silverbird Group and former Director-General of the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), Mr Ben Murray Bruce, has been named the
chairman of the board of directors of the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria (FRCN).

The Secretary to the Government, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim made the announcement yesterday. Other board members are: Funke Egbemode, Bola
Doherty, Farouk Dalhatu, J. N. Chinedu, Hajia Hauwa Kida, Chief Elvis Agukwe, and Abubakar Sarkin Fawa Damboh.

Details later

http://informationnaija.com/ben-murray-bruce-named-chairman-of-frsc/?utm_source=9jaheadlines.com&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by wellmax(m): 6:18pm On Jan 02, 2013
koruji: I don't know why he is wasting his time participating in these monuments of incompetence.
Of what use are NTA, FRCN and VON - other than propaganda mouth pieces?

Immediately he left NTA, he set up Silverbird TV and the rest is history.
when he's done with FRSC, who knows what the guy will be setting up again.
Smart business man.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by GARRIx7(m): 6:24pm On Jan 02, 2013
Nice one!!

Thank God he didn't appoint an 80-year old "mummy" like was done in NPA
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Booty4meTM: 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN

SO?

i Should Start Dancing or what?
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by aspabay(m): 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2013
GARRI (x7):
Nice one!!

Thank God he didn't appoint an 80-year old "mummy" like was done in NPA

grin grin grin grin
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by floriana(m): 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
wellmax: The Chairman of Silverbird Group and former Director-General of the Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), Mr Ben Murray Bruce, has been named the

Details later

Just retweeting.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Cunninlingus: 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Thats how he looted NTA and expanded his business empire. Before his appointment at NTA the Murray family had just one crumbling interest which was Domino stores with just 2 branches.

3 Likes

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by aspabay(m): 6:28pm On Jan 02, 2013
Booty4me™:
SO?
i Should Start Dancing or what?
Start crying,
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Cunninlingus: 6:29pm On Jan 02, 2013
floriana:

Just retweeting.

this isnt twitter, dummy!
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by REVOLUTNIS: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
Freethinkers has taken over
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 02, 2013
Congrats to Ben Murray Bruce. Very deserving appointment. Ben is a great motivator and a shrewd businessman.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 6:31pm On Jan 02, 2013
He said that he always wants to do something different, something new, and when he's through with it, he never goes back.

Since I first knew him in the early 1980s he's done

1) Concerts (early 80s): Shalamar, etc.

2) Beauty pageants (mid 80s-mid 90s): MBGN, Miss Intercontinental

3) Television syndication (80s & 90s): Cosby Shows, Cadbury's Breakfast Television, etc.

4) Private radio (mid 90s): Rhythm FM

5) Cinema: 2003 onwards

6) Public Television (99-2003): NTA

7) Malls (2003 onwards): Silverbird Galleria

And now

8 ) Public radio

(He also had plans to set up starbucks like coffee shops across West Africa).
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Cunninlingus: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
naptu2: He said that he always wants to do something different, something new, and when he's through with it, he never goes back.

Since I first knew him in the early 1980s he's done

1) Concerts (early 80s): Shalamar, etc.

2) Beauty pageants (mid 80s-mid 90s): MBGN, Miss Intercontinental

3) Television syndication (80s & 90s): Cosby Shows, Cadbury's Breakfast Television, etc.

4) Private radio (mid 90s): Rhythm FM

5) Cinema: 2003 onwards

6) Public Television (99-2003): NTA

7) Malls (2003 onwards): Silverbird Galleria

And now

cool Public radio

(He also had plans to set up starbucks like coffee shops across West Africa).

he was a glorified p1mp simple

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Chanchit: 6:32pm On Jan 02, 2013
wellmax:

Immediately he left NTA, he set up Silverbird TV and the rest is history.
when he's done with FRSC, who knows what the guy will be setting up again.
Smart business man.

Bros, silverbird owns rhythm 93.7 already, and they are in 4to5 states.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by ypzilanti: 6:33pm On Jan 02, 2013
ben bruce is an entreprenuer and seems like a well read and smart fellow. my grouse with him is that his company always obviously rigs the most beautiful girl in Nigeria contest. I have heard first hand info of what goes on in that show. If you cannot be fair and just in the little things, its a great indicator of what you will do in bigger cases.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by DukeNija(m): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
Good Good Good!!!
He did very well at NTA.
Silverbird is a household name just after few years.

He's a technocrat. Very deserving.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
Cunninlingus:

he was a glorified p1mp simple

Noted... Unlike many Nigerians who have short memories
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Revolva(m): 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
This is my only true mentor in nigeria...ben bruce...a well organised and intelligent entrepreneur.....
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 6:36pm On Jan 02, 2013
Another one from the "UAC Family".

The children of Al-Hassan Dantata, Sir Christopher Abebe and Mulligan Murray-Bruce.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Cunninlingus: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
Ben Bruce business interest got a boost after he left NTA prior to that it was just Domino stores and a struggling radio station.
He got kicked out of the NTA when he tried getting TV rights and coverage with JVC and stepped on some very powerful Atiku toes.
How come that it was after he left NTA his business empire expanded?
FRCN should hold their wallet tight from this smooth talking p1mp.
And finally, won't there be a conflict of interest appointing a person like Bruce who also owns a private radio and TV networks?

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Geomac: 6:38pm On Jan 02, 2013
Congrats Ben! but i pity FRCN Balance Sheet.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by majortele(m): 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
Naija sha, love dat man o
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 6:40pm On Jan 02, 2013
Only those who don't know Ben Murray-Bruce will believe that he only got wealthy after 2003. I remember, in the 1980s, his parade down Awolowo Road in the Silverbird Cadillac stretch limousine with the Miss Intercontinental contestants. The Rolls Royce he bought for his dad, even though his dad didn't want him to go into the entertainment business. The amount of money he paid to bring Evelyn King, Shalamar, The Whispers, etc to Nigeria. Many many more.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
In the 90s and 2000s he had sole distribution rights in Nigeria for the Cosby Shows, Different World, Universal Movies and a host of other movies/tv programmes. He also syndicated the popular Cadbury's Breakfast Television (a must watch at that time).
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by billante(m): 6:44pm On Jan 02, 2013
What's up with his africa tallest building project in abuja? I think he called it Silverbird Stratosphere, not really sure!
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Cunninlingus: 6:45pm On Jan 02, 2013
naptu2: Only those who don't know Ben Murray-Bruce will believe that he only got wealthy after 2003. I remember, in the 1980s, his parade down Awolowo Road in the Silverbird Cadillac stretch limousine with the Miss Intercontinental contestants. The Rolls Royce he bought for his dad, even though his dad didn't want him to go into the entertainment business. The amount of money he paid to bring Evelyn King, Shalamar, The Whispers, etc to Nigeria. Many many more.
What business interest and assest did he have other than a limo?
in the 80's there was Kingsways, Leventis and UTC stores. These were the main shops in Lagos and Nigeria at large. There was also the Adeniran Shopping mall. Why did he not open a grand mall then?
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 6:47pm On Jan 02, 2013
My all-time favourite Miss Intercontinental contestant was Sandra Foster (Miss Jamaica). Boy I had a huge crush (right from the day I saw her during the parade down Awolowo Road). Not surprised she won.
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by Cunninlingus: 6:49pm On Jan 02, 2013
naptu2: In the 90s and 2000s he had sole distribution rights in Nigeria for the Cosby Shows, Different World, Universal Movies and a host of other movies/tv programmes. He also syndicated the popular Cadbury's Breakfast Television (a must watch at that time).

The rigths to the cosby show for one season back then in Nigeria (which got 2 watch belated episodes at least 2 seasons prior)would had not been more than $50,000. Given the exchange rate of about 4 -9 Naira to a U.S. dollar this wont have been a major investment portfolio.

Also, how much would he have gotten from adverts when back then it wasn't unusual for NTA presenters to shamelessly beg for sponsorship on air.

Nigga PLEASE!
Re: Ben Murray Bruce Named Chairman Of FRCN by naptu2: 6:50pm On Jan 02, 2013
Cunninlingus:
What business interest and assest did he have other than a limo?
in the 80's there was Kingsways, Leventis and UTC stores. These were the main shops in Lagos and Nigeria at large. There was also the Adeniran Shopping mall. Why did he not open a grand mall then?

Ben Bruce never had anything to do with Domino (what do yoou think was the reason for the rift with his father?). You wrote about Kingsway. . . Go find out about the relationship between Kingsway, Domino and Mulligan Murray Bruce.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Talks About His Mosque Attack / Ben Ayade Sacks Traditional Ruler For "Dabbling In Partisan Politics" / Kaduna Community Pays Bandits N400m To Stop Attacks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.