Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,862 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. (6399 Views)

Pls I Need Help On Clearing Info / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria / Need Information On Clearing a vehicle from Cotonou Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by Mekjim(m): 6:28am On Jan 03, 2013
Nairalander...

Here I come and I need your help in getting right info to put me on track with my budget. I am a big fan of this site but I seem to be on the other side of the world to contribute much. So hopefully you can assist me in my business idea before it kick off shortly.

I need information on cost of Clearing a container / cars in Nigeria.

I am planning on shipping a 20ft or 40ft Container from Yokohama Japan to Lagos Nigeria. Am not sure which shipping line I will use yet but the containers will have 5 or 6 cars in it.
It will be (2 unit)2000 Volkswagen Golf 4, (2 unit) 2002 Volkswagen Golf 4, (1 unit) 2004 Volkswagen Golf 5 and (1 unit) 2005 Volkswagen Golf 5.

My question is, how do I clear this cars, will everything be cleared as one container or I have to clear each car separately.

What's the cost of clearing a 20ft and 40ft Container?

Whats the cost of Clearing each of this cars separately if I cannot clear all as one container?

If I can clear as container, what is the cost to truck the container to Ibadan if you know? But I will prefer offloading the cars at Port and Drive to Ibadan.

Your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Am planning on shipping this as soon as possible and hope it will arrive in Nigeria in Few months while am on ground.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by frankfrank(m): 5:59pm On Jan 03, 2013
You will have to pay duty for each car.
Never you settle for the lowest quotation from an agent.
Go for a trust worthy agent.
Make sure you have a reciept/document from your agent CLEARLY stating the content of the container, total cost of the clearing the cotainer, duration to clear the container, agreed initial deposit and balance to be paid at delivery.
Another point is offloading/discharging is not more than 30k witin the vicinity of the port, though discuss this with the agent.
Lastly, make the agent understand that any delay will be borne by him.
This will act as a guide and protect your from some of our dubious agent.
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by Mekjim(m): 1:41am On Jan 04, 2013
frankfrank: You will have to pay duty for each car.
Never you settle for the lowest quotation from an agent.
Go for a trust worthy agent.
Make sure you have a reciept/document from your agent CLEARLY stating the content of the container, total cost of the clearing the cotainer, duration to clear the container, agreed initial deposit and balance to be paid at delivery.
Another point is offloading/discharging is not more than 30k witin the vicinity of the port, though discuss this with the agent.
Lastly, make the agent understand that any delay will be borne by him.
This will act as a guide and protect your from some of our dubious agent.

Thank you very much and I sincerely appreciate the guidance.
"Trust and understanding" matter most when it comes to business. Hopefully I can find one here.

Where are the Nairalander Clearing Agents?
Kindly chip in so I can at least have an estimate of what it will cost.

Thank you all.
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by CanadaCars(m): 3:31am On Jan 04, 2013
Mekjim:

Thank you very much and I sincerely appreciate the guidance.
"Trust and understanding" matter most when it comes to business. Hopefully I can find one here.

Where are the Nairalander Clearing Agents?
Kindly chip in so I can at least have an estimate of what it will cost.

Thank you all.
This is the number of the agent who clears for me, 08027112112 his name is chimezie very trustworthy but his price is a little bit on the high side. But his job is 100% guaranteed he has been clearing containers for me for over 2 years now. Tell him Emmanuel gave you his number, the guy who lives in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by femmy2010(m): 4:14am On Jan 04, 2013
I did respond to your email too though.

1 - My question is, how do I clear this cars, will everything be cleared as one container or I have to clear each car separately.

Each cars in the said container would be cleared.

2 - What's the cost of clearing a 20ft and 40ft Container?

The content of the container would determine the cost of clearance.

3 - Whats the cost of Clearing each of this cars separately if I cannot clear all as one container?

2000 VW Golf - N250k
2002 VW Golf - N250k
2005 VW Golf - N300k

4 - If I can clear as container, what is the cost to truck the container to Ibadan if you know? But I will prefer offloading the cars at Port and Drive to Ibadan.

Duty is paid on each of the cars in the Container and most cost effective to have the container offloaded in the port vicinity and cars driven to your Ibadan abode.
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by Mekjim(m): 2:18am On Jan 06, 2013
@femmy2010, I got your response and thank you very much. Holiday season officially end here last friday so all offices and operation will be back up on monday. Will update on my progress.
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by femmy2010(m): 8:06am On Jan 06, 2013
Mekjim: @femmy2010, I got your response and thank you very much. Holiday season officially end here last friday so all offices and operation will be back up on monday. Will update on my progress.

Okay sir,
Looking forward to working for you.
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by dru23(m): 10:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
dru23 to Mekjim, how are u doing ? i just read your post about shippinh container from japan, have been to japan myself, and also i have to chiba to do car parts and yokohoma that u are shippong from his close to the port. please give me a call or email me dru23@hotmail.com am base in the USA Boston. and the name is andrew. hope to hear and maube we can rub minds. thanks
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by dru23(m): 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2013
dru23 to Mekjim... if u can email at dru23@hotmail.com i will send you my phone in the states so that we can talk better. i dont want to post my cellphone on the site. thanks hope to hear from you
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by Mekjim(m): 5:04am On Jan 13, 2013
@Dru23, I will email you now.
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by dru23(m): 8:39am On Jan 13, 2013
Dru23 to Mekjim. I Check my mail and I have not receive a mail frm u. Once I get ur mail .I will reply u. Its abt 3am now. Thanks
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by Omarwam15: 2:41am On Nov 01, 2015
I have in mind to ship 4 cars but I'd want to know what the clearing cost would be and how many I can fit into whatever container as I am a rookie.
Camry 08
Accord 08
Pathfinder 06
Camry 07

I'd love to know for sure what the possibilities are.
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by ClearYourGoods: 3:54am On Nov 01, 2015
Omarwam15:
I have in mind to ship 4 cars but I'd want to know what the clearing cost would be and how many I can fit into whatever container as I am a rookie.
Camry 08
Accord 08
Pathfinder 06
Camry 07

Hello Omarwam15, I am a representative of MGL here on NL. We'd love to do business with you, sir. Could you please email or call us? Our quotes are guaranteed. Let us handle your business need(s), sir.
MGL
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by femmy2010(m): 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2015
Omarwam15:
Camry 08
Accord 08
Pathfinder 06
Camry 07

Good evening sir,
simply tell your shipping agent to have the vehicles shipped RORO on aes or in a MAERSK container to Lagos .
Expect the following quotes to get them cleared.

Camry 08 - N600,000
Accord 08 - N600,000
Pathfinder 06 - N450,000
Camry 07 - N500,000

Call 08036363467 or send an email to info@dudzmobility.com or Call 08036363467 for more information
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by sheffyUTD(m): 8:02am On Nov 02, 2015
Omarwam15:
Camry 08
Accord 08
Pathfinder 06
Camry 07

If you don't have any load to be stuffed with the vehicles in the container, RORO shipping option is better as container cost you more to clear. AES or Sallaum shipping are good option for now.

www.nairaland.com/1789466/customs-clearing-agent-lagos-ports/67
Re: Detailed Information On Clearing A Container In Lagos. by Omarwam15: 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2015
Thank you very much I am very grateful to hear from all of you I have a question, I want to know what the difference is in terms of price between shipping through roro and shipping in a container ? personally I have goods worth $1500 and I am looking for the best cost effective means my other question is how effective is this do you think this is the best quotation I could ever get ? How much does it take to also clear a 2008/09 highlander?

(1) (Reply)

Super Hot 2009 Toyota Matrix XR. ie Extreme spec. Tokunbo And Hot . Take A Peek / #################### American spec 09/2010 Hyundai Genesis...price 5.5m / SOLD! Distress sales Gwagon N7m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.