Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

The Gallant BMW 7 Series. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Gallant BMW 7 Series. (1893 Views)

This Is The New BMW 7 Series, A Rolling Temple To High-tech / Jaguar XJ Vs Mercedes Benz S Class Vs BMW 7 Series / Man Smashes His £100,000 BMW M6 In Protest About Car’s Reliability (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 03, 2013
This no doubt is my dream car. It's luxury and grandiose always make my heart leap each time I see it.
I know BMW doesn't make new models in 4 to 5 years or even more because they are built to last. So I don't know if anything is in the offing any time soon as far as the 7 series is concerned.

Just want to know if there is any Nairalander who admires this car the same way I do and also if you've driven or still drive one.

Good day.

Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 03, 2013
I've driven a 2010 BMW F01 730d. Nice car, and I did want to push it hard, but I couldn't - the owner was sitting beside me, and I didn't want to hammer his pride and joy.

I felt though it could do with AWD, like some of the European 3 series did, as I was able to get the TCS / ESP light flashing on a dry road with moderate gas pedal pressure.
Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 03, 2013
I envy you @ Sienna.
It must have been a pleasurable experience driving that vehicle.
Btw, I'm adding you up on BBM.
Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by yungboss(m): 8:26am On Jan 04, 2013
the one i have fallen in love with is the 1998 7 series, i have driven the 740i a superb V8 machine, i test drove it before i got my e46 323ci, for budget reasons, i steered clear. I haven't driven the model above, here's a pic of the one i have driven

Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by yungboss(m): 8:36am On Jan 04, 2013
Note: The picture above was from Edmunds'
I'm not a big fan of the facade of the newer BMWs, especially the 7 series. Its got good-looking other-body but the face isn't so nice-looking in my opinion.
Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jan 04, 2013
yungboss: Note: The picture above was from Edmunds'
I'm not a big fan of the facade of the newer BMWs, especially the 7 series. Its got good-looking other-body but the face isn't so nice-looking in my opinion.
I love ugly looking cars.
They just get me my juice flowing.
Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by yungboss(m): 11:46pm On Jan 04, 2013
Brand_new:
I love ugly looking cars.
They just get me my juice flowing.
yea, but the face looks like a little pig, compare it with the Mercedes benz S Class...though in real appearance and aesthetics, i think it scores a point ahead of the new s class
Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 05, 2013
How about the back view...love it.

Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by yungboss(m): 11:27am On Jan 05, 2013
its a plus
Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by xerotop(m): 2:51pm On Jan 06, 2013
I test drove a friends father 2006 750i. Never tried any like dat. My e46 was not even any where close. Felt like heaven. Was confused @ first cos of d gear. Its mounted on steering, so small u won't even notice it. D 7 series is lik a car for d rich old and retired folks. For young guy of my age? Naaah. Except in political position. Lol
Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by yungboss(m): 5:38pm On Jan 06, 2013
xerotop: I test drove a friends father 2006 750i. Never tried any like dat. My e46 was not even any where close. Felt like heaven. Was confused @ first cos of d gear. Its mounted on steering, so small u won't even notice it. D 7 series is lik a car for d rich old and retired folks. For young guy of my age? Naaah. Except in political position. Lol
same as the 740 i drove, though the dashboard layout had a tone of the e46, only much bigger, classier and tons more powerful. The ride was miles apart, even the e39 530i i drove too was so much better vs my 323ci, but that's not to discredit the e46, its just a little brother to the big daddies.
Re: The Gallant BMW 7 Series. by xerotop(m): 7:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
@youngboss, talk about e39, I once had a 528i. Very classy interior stable and balance on d road, feels lik u r drivin on a rail. But I dislik d car cos of its front shape. Not nice @ all bonnet looks longer and shapeless. Also if u travel a lot , d headlight bocomes shaky and starts looking downwards in d nite.replaced it and same happened again. But I bet u, d e39 is one of d most reliable BMW ever made. It never dies, strong and powerful.

(1) (Reply)

Camry 2.4L Grade 1 Tokunbo Engine / What Is The Difference Between Back Axle And "Car Camber"? / Pristine Peugeot 504

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.