Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,323 members, 7,829,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Scared Of Getting Old - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Scared Of Getting Old (5365 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / For Ladies How To Know Your Partner Is Getting Old / Any Word Of Advice To Those Scared Of Getting Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scared Of Getting Old by flyKUDE(m): 4:40pm On Feb 25, 2008
i like quoting the biblie when it comes to this:ecclesiates 3v1-9,tells me that:THERE IS TIME FOR EVERYTHING! old age inclusive! this whole thread just made my day,we all were born,will grow old(or maybe not),and eventually die someday, its inevitable.the earlier you understand thisand psychologically so too,the better you'll live your life here on earth.

men,if i live to be like eighty yrs or so,i'll sit under a palmwine tree,drink from morning till night,laugh all the way and give lots of good advice to young people.

i await this period of life everyday! thats why i pray for longlife grin
so, nooooo!! i doesnt scare me.
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by deola1(m): 8:01pm On Feb 25, 2008
me either, am scared of leaving my casa-noving style one day sad
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by old2boy(m): 9:18pm On Feb 25, 2008
Scared?  Then get about achieving all you can while you still have the strenght and remember your creator before the evil days come upon you. 

[url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Eccl%2012:1-8;&version=31;]http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Eccl%2012:1-8;&version=31; [/url]
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by gbolio4(m): 9:02am On Feb 26, 2008
Man you have options if you don't wann na grow old. , .

We have lots of lagoons & rivers around, . and expressways filled with 18-wheelers too

just take your pick!

Just doesn't make sense to be scared of sumthing that's inevitable!!
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by Bblak(f): 1:01pm On Feb 26, 2008
@Topic
I'm not in anyway scared of getting old because i see it as a natural phenomenon that is inevitable.

What one should worry about is what will your achievement be when you eventually get old and what legacy have you left behind lipsrsealed.
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by amaikama(m): 2:37pm On Feb 26, 2008
Yeah! sometimes scared of dieing too! just keep thinking every day that i will eventually leave the world for another world.
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by emiemi(f): 2:40pm On Feb 26, 2008
In chess, we have moves that we call inevi, /unavoi, That means there is nothing that you can do about the next move that you opponent will play for you at that time. This often lead to a disadvantage for you though. Old age is comparable to that scenario in the sense that there's not much u can do about it than to just allow it to come gracefully by eating well, exercising and above all living out your dreams as a young man/woman. The obj is to be an old person with no regrets whatsoever and be fully prepared when the ultimate inevi, / unavoi, comes.  (inevi, /unavoi, means inevitable/unavoidable)

there's too much use of a particular phrase here lipsrsealed
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by realcele: 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2008
Simple remedy is for you to die young. Best of luck
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2008
"Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life."

Proverbs 16:31
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by TheSly: 3:55pm On Feb 26, 2008
One day na one day. . .

Monkey go go market, He no go return cheesy

U dont need to be scared, Its a price we all gotta pay sumday. . cool

Hate it or love it. . . cool
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by Busta(f): 3:56pm On Feb 26, 2008
Scared Of Getting Old? Who isn't? embarassed
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by holythug(m): 3:58pm On Feb 26, 2008
i av an anti age therapy only if u can afford it LOL
good bizness grin
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by holythug(m): 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2008
u harsh o
his_grace:

then die young.
his_grace:

then die young.
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by uspry1(f): 12:54am On Feb 27, 2008
I am not scared of getting old. I already looked up my paternal grandparent now passed away, I saw their high sex active to enjoy their sex life NON-STOP when i was about 6-8 yr old.

I look forward getting old at the same time enjoying my sex life the same way as my paternal grandparent did! grin
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 27, 2008
scared men
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by holythug(m): 4:29pm On Feb 27, 2008
uspry1:

I am not scared of getting old. I already looked up my paternal grandparent now passed away, I saw their high sex active to enjoy their sex life NON-STOP when i was about 6-8 yr old.

I look forward getting old at the same time enjoying my sex life the same way as my paternal grandparent did! grin
shocked gud lord
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by ronkybaby(f): 5:41pm On Feb 27, 2008
y u no go for anti-ageing
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by ebonyx1: 4:04pm On Feb 28, 2008
everyone gets old its a must but you dont have to get weak when ur old if you dont want to,
do you know what makes you old and weak,its the free radicals in ur body that have been let loose by ur own body system due to ur everyday activities.
God has made ur body strong enough to fight these radicals by putting in us what i call soldiers,who have weapons for fightin our course,but these soldiers need regular supply of nutrients for them to work well,and the food we eat isnt givin us what we require cos of all the processin and all that.
each nutrient has its function and we need to take them everyday,its not like they are stored in ur body they are used up immedietly.
these free radicals will keep on destoying our insides whenever we dont supply nutrients to our soldiers and the result in the long run is getting weak and old.but why not live to you die and i mean live life to it's fullest.
that can be achieved. i use forever living products,they have all the nutrients our body requires,and remember they are not drugs but multivitamins with no harmful side effects.
start using them now so that in ur old age u wont have to visit the doctors 4 any sickness whats so ever.and you will die at a good old age.
there are other multivitamins but how sure are u that they dissolve at all some of those cheap ones dont, what good will they be if they wont dissolve
flp is the best try it.
if you dont now how to get or dont have friends using them, cos the middleman has been removed we dont want fake drugs roaming around in the name of flp ,you can get back to me on nairaland,
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by holythug(m): 6:08pm On Feb 28, 2008
therapy
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by natmike(m): 4:16am On Feb 29, 2008
am looking for a nice guy in Nigeria who knows what is all about.mail me with natmike2005y2k@yahoo.com.
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by coolier(f): 12:03pm On Feb 29, 2008
I don't think its really geting old that scares me, I think its the idea of withering. If one can age youthfully(if there's anything like that) I wouldn't mind at all. But to become a shadow of oneself, when surrounded by young, vibrant and beautiful people makes one feel like the end is near.
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by ogb5(m): 8:39pm On Mar 01, 2008
there is a lady i know, she is 50. but you can swear she is 35.

I guess there must be a way of being young to an old age
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by SignorZax: 11:48am On Mar 02, 2008
Man come, Man go, Earth remain kampe. That's Life!
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by seyyk: 1:35pm On Mar 04, 2008
agree with ogb5 and adeboo. if you use your young life well ,you should NO THAT your old age will be the best. cheesy
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by Echeozo(m): 5:07pm On Mar 04, 2008
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by BTreasures: 10:56am On Mar 12, 2008
TAKE PURE n Natural, 100% HONEY,  and remain AGELESS. With Honey the older u get the more beautiful you look.

Call 08033232739 or 01-7474741 speak with the BBHONEY woman, also av. with Ginger, garlic and Aloe Vera on request. We have over 600 customers and still counting. You can text your phone nos to enjoy tips from her on the various uses of HONEY.
Or

Send mail to beebrandhoney@yahoo.com
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by skype: 11:48am On Apr 01, 2008
yep scared
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by omoge(f): 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2008
goodness gracious grin grin grin grin grin grin

i just love reading this lady's post  grin grin

uspry1:

Re: Scared Of Getting Old by uspry1(f): 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2008
@holythug and omoge

grin I will never forgot about my paternal grandparent's sex life! grin

Go getting rented movie "Boomerbang" where Eddie Murphy's best friend brought their parent for dinner! shocked

That was exact what they did in front of me ALONE on every meal while babysitting me during the school summer vacation!
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by jimmyjam: 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2008
Aging is natural, some people show signs of aging before others or in different ways than others. for some its getting bald or white hair or arthritis.
here are some tips for staying young and at least living till 100

- take multivitamins regularly

-exercise at least once a week (jogging is best)

- get at least 6-8 hrs of sleep

-drink plenty of water

- stay away from toxocity: harmful chemicals (alchohol, cigarettes, bleach, make up etc)

- stay away from electrical sources (example TV's ,keep them far away from the body when watching, use landline primarily and cell phone only if you have to) they cause cancer and high blood pressure

-enjoy a joke and laughter when ever possible

- listen to good music : jazz, classical, gospel

- worship God regularly and ask him to forgive your sins. also learn to forgive others

- try to stay away from red meat (beef , chicken etc) oxford and harvard medical school studies have shown that vegetarians and fish eaters live 10-30 years longer than their meat eating counterparts and are also less prone to cancer and high blood pleasure. i.e eat more vegetables, fruits and seafood (fish , shrimps) and beans and carbohydrates etc

- take some time out to enjoy yourself such as going to the beach
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by nickybayo(f): 6:24pm On Jul 26, 2009
i am scared of getting old too
but d most scariest part is having to rely on pple to do stuff for me
not good at all

i hope i grow well, without d fat ankles and blind eyes
i haterelying on pple
angry angry
Re: Scared Of Getting Old by nickybayo(f): 6:28pm On Jul 26, 2009
p.s
can someone get me THE DOCTOR so i can regenerate instead of growing old and dying

grin grin
but i wouldnt want to grow like d doctor in season 2 when d master dealt with him
nope
definitely not

i think i would rather stay this way.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Every Woman Should Read These / Sad Day, Tribute To My Elder Brother / Does He Really Love Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.