Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,062 members, 7,956,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:30 AM

Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. (7439 Views)

Sorry I Am Yet To Feel Asa's New Album. / Download Asa's New Album Tracks. / Impressive Naija Sturvs - Asa's new single, Kel's new vid, wale feat L Gaga etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by funweez(f): 1:06am On Feb 23, 2008
Hi y'al , have u heard Asa's new album? iv always liked her music but i tink she's rly upped her game,lovely tracks/vocals. i especially lov 'jailer'. the album's sorta jazzy,mellow (like corinne bailey rae's) and lots of acoustics n instruments. Seems d french community has rly embraced her music and ive bn seein ads on her album ere in jand.

Rly proud a Nigerian is doin us proud, was wonderin if its popular/been released in naija as well,i just ope piracy wldnt kil d album. Rly great stuff.

Ps; posted som links
http://www.asa-official.com/spip.php?page=album&lang=en
http://www.myspace.com/asaofficial
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by henry007(m): 1:12am On Feb 23, 2008
IS IT JUST ME OR IS ASA BEING OVER-HYPED
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by funweez(f): 1:18am On Feb 23, 2008
henry007:

IS IT JUST ME OR IS ASA BEING OVER-HYPED

shocked i tink its just u oh,maybe u just dnt feel her kaind of music, hav u even listend 2d album in d 1st place. do u like dem corrine bailey,norah roberts,jill scott and co.?? i tink its cool dat she also sings in yoruba.
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by omobizle(m): 1:30am On Feb 23, 2008
asa rocks forget that one, if not for her naija flava in the songs the album could pass to be a foreign classic artist, stop hatin, keep it real asa,
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by tosinadeda: 7:13am On Feb 23, 2008
her album drives me crazy, her voice is lovely, her lyrics are sumtin else
she is off da hook
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by sect(m): 1:05pm On Feb 23, 2008
@Omobizle I think its the naija flava that makes the album pass for a super classic. A classic is a classic, foreign or not. We need to embrace our own and restrain from copyin the oyinbos. That way we can be seen as original and not copy cats. Asa 's music are definitely CLASSICAL. @ Henry007 Asa is sure better than ur wacky wack goldie
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by bricklayer(m): 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2008
check out a hip hop remix of jailer on www.myspace.com/workinprogressone
you can also listen to a parody of the song by band called I2NEC. real hilarious.
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by henry007(m): 10:59pm On Feb 23, 2008
now i'm sure she's definitely OVER-HYPED. mark my word, by dis time next year asha wld be selling groundnut. sasha rocks jare
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by funweez(f): 3:00pm On Feb 24, 2008
henry007:

now i'm sure she's definitely OVER-HYPED. mark my word, by this time next year asha would be selling groundnut. sasha rocks jare

Wat shocked dnt tell me ure comparin d two, puleeeze shasha's music has barely even left d borders of lagos n correct me if im wrong but does she hav an album yet.
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by tosinadeda: 3:04pm On Feb 24, 2008
how can sum1 say asa is overhyped!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats crazy
that babe is damn good.
u think having a contract with sony is beanz abi?
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by eldee(m): 3:08pm On Feb 24, 2008
henry007:

now i'm sure she's definitely OVER-HYPED. mark my word, by this time next year asha would be selling groundnut. sasha rocks jare
She's been advertised on ITV and Living (UK station with among the highest ratings)
She's passed the level of any naija artiste, i think she's even underated in naija
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 24, 2008
Very original and talented. She has been able to carve her own niche in the music industry. Nothing compared to the copycat Nigerian music we have out there.
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by tundewoods(m): 11:02pm On Feb 24, 2008
Finally Nigeria now has a female music DIVA or GODDESS. That is how good Asa is.

In the past all Nigeria had in the past were 2 Male Music Diva's namely Fela Anikulapo Kuti and King Sunny Ade.

Mark my words,Asa will be nominated for a grammy in the next forthcoming grammy awards next year,Which she will certainly deserve to win after Femi Kuti failed to win when he was nominated a couple of years ago.
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by ilevbabor: 4:32pm On May 30, 2008
Thank you for giving me this oppourtunity to express myself. Asa is a phenomenon. She is a force. She is an attack on stagnation;means she is a change. She didn't just bring change; she is change herself. She has given me, a young man hope. This is a hope that in all feilds of duty, we can give Africa a greater name. I love Africa. I am a passionate African & Nigerian. it is good to see someone passionate about the growth of Africa. Africa is the greatest nation in this world. It will get there. God bless Asa. She should not relent but keep striving. All we have to do is to hold on to our dreams. Our dreams obey us if we stick to them like the postage stamp to the envelope. They stay together from the giver to the recipient. I need passionate africans in my crew. We gat shit to do. Thanks Nairaland.
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by sect(m): 7:57pm On May 30, 2008
Noooo. . . . She isn't Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. She's simply ASA. She's a Phenomenon,jst like the poster above described her.
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by tosinadeda: 10:25pm On May 30, 2008
ASA is a talent cool
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by tosinadeda: 10:18am On May 31, 2008
the more i read about her
the more i fall in love with her!!!!!! she is a diva
http://bhfmagazine.com/contents/bhf_asa.html
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by sect(m): 10:21am On May 31, 2008
Fan to artist love and not the other kind of love abi Tosin??
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by tosinadeda: 10:38am On May 31, 2008
sect:

Fan to artist love and not the other kind of love abi Tosin??

sure lol
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by Levelz: 10:51am On May 31, 2008
Asa is too good to be true, im happy she's Nigerian!
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by ilevbabor: 3:06pm On May 31, 2008
henry007, Asa is not over-hyped, she is who she is, A GOOD & TALENTED SINGER. She is someone who has carved out her own style in the nigerian singing system. She is using her natural talent to the fullest. Its just her time; everyone has their time to shine. I want to tell you that she was knocked off from a chior band earlier in her life because the choir band couldn't fully visualize the uniqueness of her voice. But now, they will look back and shake their heads. Go ASA, Go.
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by RThESlyR: 3:10pm On May 31, 2008
Thank God i don't listen to schmiels and holkums. . . . Asa ko. . . Eye adaba ni!
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by nikekenny(m): 4:47pm On May 31, 2008
not over hype! Asa music is cool
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 31, 2008
®Th£ Sly®:

Thank God i don't listen to schmiels and holkums. . . . Asa ko. . . Eye adaba ni!

You need to be squished! angry
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by RThESlyR: 12:06am On Jun 01, 2008
stillwater:

You need to be squished! angry
Go 'n' get yourself T.I.P's new single. . . .thats what i call. . .MUSIC! cool
Not sum bunkums spewed by a Bat named ASA. . . . . .boring artist with boring music! cheesy
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by Nobody: 12:18am On Jun 01, 2008
Who's even TIP?

Why did you call her a bat? angry angry That's harsh angry
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by tosinadeda: 12:24am On Jun 01, 2008
ASA = BAT!!! u dig
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by Nobody: 12:48am On Jun 01, 2008
@ the sly

why u dissin asa? that girl is bam! in fact overbam! the kinda artiste that would reflect the nigerian talent! she's slicker than your best!

U would pass for a bitch cos' u sound like a puxxy!

U go tell me whether TIP know u from adam abi na ur country him come from!

TIP ko, VIP Ni! Shiior lipsrsealed
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by tosinadeda: 12:53am On Jun 01, 2008
jassie:

@ the sly

why u dissin asa? that girl is bam! in fact overbam! the kind of artiste that would reflect the nigerian talent! she's slicker than your best!

You would pass for a bitch because' u sound like a puxxy!

You go tell me whether TIP know u from adam abi na your country him come from!

lol
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by RThESlyR: 12:56am On Jun 01, 2008
jassie:

@ the sly

why u dissin asa? that girl is bam! in fact overbam! the kind of artiste that would reflect the nigerian talent! she's slicker than your best!

You would pass for a bitch because' u sound like a puxxy!

You go tell me whether TIP know u from adam abi na your country him come from!

Who is this schlep spewing a truckload of bunkums?. . . grin
How would u know if TIP doesn't know me or if he does?. . . grin
You need to go ''n'' plaster that your skull 'because i can see that the likku ounce of foams u call sense in there is plummeting . . . angry
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 01, 2008
D Du Dum DUMB!  grin

What! You think nairaland is the best place for your to speak your grammar that didn't allow you pass jamb while in Naija?  grin

Mayne, asa rocks, never compare the babe to a gangsta,  i'm a TIP fan if u must know, but there's no basis for the comparism.
Re: Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. by lalaboi(m): 1:11am On Jun 01, 2008
chei!! jamb loun loun!! ko da oh!!! ahan!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latest News: Genevieve Dumps Dbanj For Olusesi! / 9ja Jams Download / Whitney Houston Ft Akon - Like I Never Left

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.