Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine (3701 Views)

University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Top Ten Colleges Of Medicine In Nigeria / University Of Leeds Vs University Of Manchester Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by AmbFitsaint(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
Pls, which is better to study medicine?
Thanks
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 16, 2016
AmbFitsaint:
Pls, which is better to study medicine? Thanks
Na UI. Which one u dey now?
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Vcojuro: 12:20pm On Feb 16, 2016
Are you comparing oau college of health Sciences that increased its tuition fee to 83000 for stallites to ui college of Medicine.
Ui has been producing medical graduates as far back as 1950s.
During the colloquium of college of health Sciences OAU the provost was asked why the increments in school fees from 33000 to 83000 his reply was that they needed it for accreditation purpose, that MDCN and mrb which is regulatory body for medicine and physiotherapy are threatening to seize their accreditation because they lack some facilities and equipments.
Imagine a college of health Sciences having accreditation issue.
I don't need to start explaining about uch Ibadan.
The first neurosurgery and neurology department in Nigeria was established as far back as 1962.
Even an illiterate in Nigeria knows about uch Ibadan.
I strongly believe that a standard teaching hospital is the basis and foundation of modern medical education since medicine is more of practical and clinical course than cramming or reading.

2 Likes

Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Vcojuro: 12:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
[quote author=Vcojuro post=42970342][/quote]
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Vcojuro: 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2016
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by AmbFitsaint(m): 5:12pm On Feb 16, 2016
sarzy:

Na UI. Which one u dey now?

UI
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Nobody: 1:07pm On Feb 17, 2016
AmbFitsaint:

UI

You must pay me for helping you resurrect your thread since 2013 to 2016 o. I fit know you for UI, what level are you in?
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Nobody: 1:11pm On Feb 17, 2016
Vcojuro:
Are you comparing oau college of health Sciences that increased its tuition fee to 83000 for stallites to ui college of Medicine.
Ui has been producing medical graduates as far back as 1950s.
During the colloquium of college of health Sciences OAU the provost was asked why the increments in school fees from 33000 to 83000 his reply was that they needed it for accreditation purpose, that MDCN and mrb which is regulatory body for medicine and physiotherapy are threatening to seize their accreditation because they lack some facilities and equipments.
Imagine a college of health Sciences having accreditation issue.
I don't need to start explaining about uch Ibadan.
The first neurosurgery and neurology department in Nigeria was established as far back as 1962.
Even an illiterate in Nigeria knows about uch Ibadan.
I strongly believe that a standard teaching hospital is the basis and foundation of modern medical education since medicine is more of practical and clinical course than cramming or reading.

You are right bro. But OAU is tougher to gain admission into. Besides, when you are talking about facilities, UCH also has its defects. As a matter of fact, all Nigerian teaching hospitals lack in facilities. Come to think of it; last year, MB Part 1 students of UI were asked to write a project on Stem Cell Research and Application in Medicine. Do you know that only Uniben has a stem cell transplant centre in Nigeria? Therefore, definitely, the students would have to rely on theory.
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by AmbFitsaint(m): 5:36am On Feb 18, 2016
sarzy:

You must pay me for helping you resurrect your thread since 2013 to 2016 o. I fit know you for UI, what level are you in?

grin grin
E Neva hit fp now... Tell me y I go pay

I dey 300 now boss. U?
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by AmbFitsaint(m): 5:42am On Feb 18, 2016
sarzy:

You are right bro. But OAU is tougher to gain admission into. Besides, when you are talking about facilities, UCH also has its defects. As a matter of fact, all Nigerian teaching hospitals lack in facilities. Come to think of it; last year, MB Part 1 students of UI were asked to write a project on Stem Cell Research and Application in Medicine. Do you know that only Uniben has a stem cell transplant centre in Nigeria? Therefore, definitely, the students would have to rely on theory.

Tougher to get into?
May be sha... But don't u think UI admits the best numerically.

I am saying cos I got Mbbs in both schools and I have a lot of friends in Oau too in med but my close ones here are badoo oo
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 18, 2016
AmbFitsaint:

Tougher to get into?
May be sha... But don't u think UI admits the best numerically.

I am saying cos I got Mbbs in both schools and I have a lot of friends in Oau too in med but my close ones here are badoo oo

How come you got mbbs in both schools? Abi no be Jamb u do? So you filled both as first choice or how come? Cos none would accept candidates who choose them as second choice.

Yea, tougher to get into because I've seen so many students who applied to UI but couldn't get their courses. They eventually applied to UI and got their courses. I know at least 3 from 2014 set.

1 Like

Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Nobody: 9:27am On Feb 18, 2016
AmbFitsaint:

grin grin E Neva hit fp now... Tell me y I go pay
I dey 300 now boss. U?
I'm about to do DE. Na only Toba I know for dat 300 level.
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by AmbFitsaint(m): 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
sarzy:

How come you got mbbs in both schools? Abi no be Jamb u do? So you filled both as first choice or how come? Cos none would accept candidates who choose them as second choice.

Yea, tougher to get into because I've seen so many students who applied to UI but couldn't get their courses. They eventually applied to UI and got their courses. I know at least 3 from 2014 set.

Quite agreeable tho
Have u forgotten that Jamb used to allow 2 choices of institutions
Oau was my 1st choice UI 2nd

UI admits 2nd choice very well bro

1 Like

Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by AmbFitsaint(m): 10:11pm On Feb 18, 2016
sarzy:

I'm about to do DE. Na only Toba I know for dat 300 level.

All the best with your application

I know Pope very well.

1 Like

Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 14, 2016
My Ogas abeg o make una put me through by analysing how u people prepared, i really want to do medicine and my choice of inst. this year is UI. Although i'm in 20level health edu. Uniben.
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 14, 2018
AmbFitsaint:
Pls, which is better to study medicine?
Thanks
Both are bullshit! With nediocre facilities. Tell your government to fund health and education, then we can talk. Death traps parading as teaching hospitals.
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2018
dkstvv:

Both are bullshit! With nediocre facilities. Tell your government to fund health and education, then we can talk. Death traps parading as teaching hospitals.

Your opinion.
Idea onye adighi ya njo
Re: Oau College Of Health Science VS University Of Ibadan College Of Medicine by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 14, 2018
IFEOLUWAKRIZ:

Your opinion.
Idea onye adighi ya njo
I am entitled to my opinions though.

(1) (Reply)

B.sc In Chemistry & Masters In Pharmaceutical Chemistry Can They Go Together? / CIBN Materials / Uniben Clearance For 2015/2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.