Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,738 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion (770 Views)

El Rufai, Receives A Portrait Of Himself Worth About N2million / Breaking News!! FG Bans Tax Collection By LG Thugs On High Ways / Breaking News: Fg To Re-introduce Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by Calebsky(m): 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2013
BREAKING NEWS: The Federal Government is to procure 10 million telephone handsets worth about N60 billion from China and the US for free distribution to rural farmers across the country.

Questions:
•Are they buying blackberry porsche for these farmers?
•Are they going to preload the Presidents number in all the phones? As the reason for the purchase is because they want the farmers to have direct contact with the Government.
•Who did the calculation and came up with 10million farmers? Was Obasanjo counted as well?
•Even @ N50,000 per phone....how does it come up to N60billion?
•If they're buying the phones in bulk,doesn't it attract a large volume of discount?
•Did the farmers complain that their problem is a mobile phone?

Possible facts:
•Maybe Obama will distribute the phones himself.
•Maybe the phones have inbuilt shovel and fertilizer in them.
•Maybe the phones have inbuilt tractors.

Dem don start this year again! Last year was subsidy, this year is phone!
Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by Calebsky(m): 4:55pm On Jan 03, 2013
Calebsky: BREAKING NEWS: The Federal Government is to procure 10 million telephone handsets worth about N60 billion from China and the US for free distribution to rural farmers across the country.

Questions:
•Are they buying blackberry porsche for these farmers?
•Are they going to preload the Presidents number in all the phones? As the reason for the purchase is because they want the farmers to have direct contact with the Government.
•Who did the calculation and came up with 10million farmers? Was Obasanjo counted as well?
•Even @ N50,000 per phone....how does it come up to N60billion?
•If they're buying the phones in bulk,doesn't it attract a large volume of discount?
•Did the farmers complain that their problem is a mobile phone?

Possible facts:
•Maybe Obama will distribute the phones himself.
•Maybe the phones have inbuilt shovel and fertilizer in them.
•Maybe the phones have inbuilt tractors.

Dem don start this year again! Last year was subsidy, this year is phone!

Fraudulent stupid unnecessary initiative. It shows our leaders are bereft of ideas or have ran out of ideas.
Tamumo eeeeehhhh!
Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by seanet01: 5:08pm On Jan 03, 2013
*speechless*
Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by hancock(m): 5:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
My maths skills are rusty these days. But at an average cost of 6, 000 naira per unit. 10 million units should translate to 60, 000, 000, 000 (60 billion) naira.
But do we really have 10million farmers in nigeria?
Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 03, 2013
The govt has to clarify this report. But I doubt if the govt will be spending such amount on mobile phones. It is simply outrageous. The mobile phones is to be distributed by the ministry of communication technology and the TOTAL annual budget of that ministry is not even up to N30billion. Where then will the ministry get N60billion for mobile phones alone? This report is most likely false
Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 03, 2013
hancock: My maths skills are rusty these days. But at an average cost of 6, 000 naira per unit. 10 million units should translate to 60, 000, 000, 000 (60 billion) naira.
But do we really have 10million farmers in nigeria?

Do we even have a database of farmers in Nigeria?
Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by holysmoke(m): 6:39pm On Jan 03, 2013
No it's not possible. please tell me our govt hasn't started this year on the same clueless note.
Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 03, 2013
*As a Nigerian Farmer*

2013,My year of Harvest of Phones.
Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by hasyak(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2013
that amount is enough to build a phone factory in nigeria thats if the phone is even necessary, see how your leaders think? thats if they even think at all. thats the fresh air you voted for and i believe you guys deserve what you are getting, those that voted GEJ not PDP? is phone the major problem of our farmers? My God. Pls Beef come and make some sense out of this for us to understand the rationale behind it, or its just PDP, 'share the money'
Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by Mowire: 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2013
Bribe for 10million votes in 2015. PDP is thinking ahead. But I doubt that the phones will still be relevant by then.
MO
Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by Omen100(m): 7:46pm On Jan 03, 2013
What else can I say than to grin grin grin

Re: Breaking News: FG To Procure 10 Million Phones Worth About N60billion by BasseyJ(m): 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2013
Just so you all know, I AM A FARMER O gringringrin, all my 3 babes are Farmers sef, even my uncle's lil child of 5months wants to be a farmergringrin so i guess i'll also collect in advance for hergrin

(1) (Reply)

Politicians And Corruption. / Amnesty And The Presidential Pardon / Oga At The Top,why Are We Taking This Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.