Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:53 AM

Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark (6333 Views)

Learn More About Ila- Yoruba Tribal Mark / Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by alnetizen: 9:15pm On Jan 03, 2013
What can you say about this YORUBA picture in relation to their ancestral culture.

Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by timilehin007(m): 9:17pm On Jan 03, 2013
Make go castrate u for this....this is a hausa tribal mark not for yoruba..!!
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 9:23pm On Jan 03, 2013
I think its in sudan that they intentionally " keloidify" their scarifications.

Other places, not so much or not at all.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2013
Anyway, @ op

What you're doing is wrong, check yourself or maybe your meds.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by yamakuza: 11:26pm On Jan 03, 2013
africans sha !

[s]is that supposed to make him/her beautiful?
[/s]
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by drealmii: 12:21am On Jan 04, 2013
[sub][/sub]
This is sheer wickedness!

[sub]

1 Like

Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by timilehin007(m): 9:44am On Jan 04, 2013
And beside, this thing might just be a mere art work, I don't think this structure is human, it doesn't look like at all..!! It looks more like an art work to me.
Why do you have to use this thing to ridicule Yoruba so much @ OP..take ur time oo
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by Ajibel(m): 12:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
This cant happen in reality...it's just the imagination of the sculptor
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:52pm On Jan 04, 2013
timilehin007: Make go castrate u for this....this is a hausa tribal mark not for yoruba..!!

no it is not!
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
it looks fine sha

Nairalanders are cryin more than that brave boy ova there
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by timilehin007(m): 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

no it is not!
you should take a very close look, it really is
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2013
Its not hausa marks.

Looks like it was done intentionally, so it might be around sudan side, where their tribal markings are raised, not flat.

1 Like

Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
People with characters such as the op, never end up well sha.

Very unfortunate, but you cant change what you are on the inside i guess.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by alnetizen: 1:16am On Jan 05, 2013
tpia@:
People with characters such as the op, never end up well sha.

Very unfortunate, but you cant change what you are on the inside i guess.

Hey sis (initially "bro" ) take it easy, we are promoting culture not hatred. It is a way of knowing, studying and getting acquinted with one's history. As some may not have known that this was the original authentic yoruba tribal marks as it was many centuries back. They only know the modernise contemporary version of it. So, I am expecting e-apology from you in particular, and all those that initially mis-understood the intent of this topic in general.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by OgidiBoy(m): 1:21am On Jan 05, 2013
alnetizen:

Hey bro take it easy, we are promoting culture not hatred. It is a way of knowing, studying and getting acquinted with one's history. As some may not have known that this was the original authentic yoruba tribal marks as it was many centuries back. They only know the modernise contemporary version of it. So, I am expecting e-apology from you in particular, and all those that initially mis-understood the intent of this topic in general.

Tpia@ is a bro now ?

Allah be praised nothing is impossible in this world.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by alnetizen: 1:52am On Jan 05, 2013
OgidiBoy:

Tpia@ is a bro now ?

Allah be praised nothing is impossible in this world.

My Holiness, I swear I thought Tpia is a male, chineke mei. Adingara maga bobi* kind of speaking in tongues*
I 'll correct it now now.
Thanks bro (hope you are a bro) for reminding me.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 2:00am On Jan 05, 2013
alnetizen:

Hey sis (initially "bro"wink take it easy, we are promoting culture not hatred. It is a way of knowing, studying and getting acquinted with one's history. As some may not have known that this was the original authentic yoruba tribal marks as it was many centuries back. They only know the modernise contemporary version of it. So, I am expecting e-apology from you in particular, and all those that initially mis-understood the intent of this topic in general.

i think you have deep seated issues which need intensive treatment.

what are you expecting from this type of thread, besides promoting racism, xenophobia, hatred and immoral behaviour.

you're one of those psychos who think they'e normal, simply because they have some hacking job somewhere.

remember, you have no power beyond what God has allowed you to have, and the day your master, satan, decides he's finished with you, that's the end.

typing lies will get you nowhere.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 2:00am On Jan 05, 2013
alnetizen:

My Holiness,
Thanks bro (hope you are a bro) for reminding me.

he's s.hemale.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by alnetizen: 2:15am On Jan 05, 2013
tpia@:

i think you have deep seated issues which need intensive treatment.

what are you expecting from this type of thread, besides promoting racism, xenophobia, hatred and immoral behaviour.

you're one of those psychos who think they'e normal, simply because they have some hacking job somewhere.

remember, you have no power beyond what God has allowed you to have, and the day your master, satan, decides he's finished with you, that's the end.

typing lies will get you nowhere.

C' mon, relax, life is easy, why making it difficult for yourself. Ogini!
You are going too hot. It is about history not war.
Easy baby, cool down and enjoy life.
By the way, what about the apology?
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 3:49am On Jan 05, 2013
if you want to apologise, go ahead.

no one is stopping you.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 3:51am On Jan 05, 2013
alnetizen:

C' mon, relax, life is easy, why making it difficult for yourself. Ogini!

you're the one bringing curses on yourself with your behaviour.

you're fueling racism, you're insulting that boy who doesnt know you from adam, you're insulting yorubas as a whole, you're abusing the priviledge of internet access, yet you still see nothing wrong with yourself?

alright, wait and see then.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 3:54am On Jan 05, 2013
so, that is ugly [because its african], but these are not? [because they're not african]:

you see how f.oolish you are?
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 3:59am On Jan 05, 2013
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 4:02am On Jan 05, 2013
here's more, to feed your insatiable thirst:

https://www.nairaland.com/384515/why-africans-scar-themselves-self
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by yamakuza: 5:26am On Jan 05, 2013
tpia@:
so, that is ugly [because its african], but these are not? [because they're not african]:

you see how f.oolish you are?

i beg to differ/disagree, based on the ffg:

1. one is more artistic, the other is not

2. one can be hidden, the other is "in your face"

while the pictures you've chosen to post are somewhat ugly, you cant but agree that tattoos are more beautiful than tribal/facial marks
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:19am On Jan 05, 2013
yamakuza:

while the pictures you've chosen to post are somewhat ugly, you cant but agree that tattoos are more beautiful than tribal/facial marks

impossible. the beauty of the tribal marks les in its aesthetic quality. it complements human features. tatoos are just flat.

1 Like

Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 1:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
yamakuza:

i beg to disagree, based on the ffg:

1. one is more artistic, the other is not

2. one can be hidden, the other is "in your face"

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

If whites could call abstract african art beautiful even when the art looks grotesque, then what is africans' own for them to carry something on their heads like the op is doing?

Btw, why have the mods in this section not modified the thread title seeing as its a blatant lie?
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by yamakuza: 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2013
tpia@:
Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

If whites could call abstract african art beautiful even when the art looks grotesque, then what is africans' own for them to carry something on their heads like the op is doing?

we really cant compare art & craft to scarification and mutilations, now can we?

Btw, why have the mods in this section not modified the thread title seeing as its a blatant lie?

^ lol ... mayhaps no one has reported it yet?

PAGAN 9JA:
impossible. the beauty of the tribal marks les in its aesthetic quality. it complements human features. tatoos are just flat.

beauty? aesthetics? tribal marks? in one sentence? i'm yet to see ANY tribal marking that is beautiful ...

i'd choose Tonto Dike's tattoos any day over Aluwe's facial marks !
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by tpia5: 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2013
yamakuza:

we really cant compare art & craft to scarification and mutilations, now can we?

^ lol ... mayhaps no one has reported it yet

Or maybe the op has their full support to propagate hate speech on the forum?

What you're calling mutilations are considered art.

Do you disagree? Then explain why you think so.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by isalegan2: 4:00am On Jan 06, 2013
tpia@:

you're fueling racism, you're insulting that boy who doesnt know you from adam, you're insulting yorubas as a whole, you're abusing the priviledge of internet access, yet you still see nothing wrong with yourself?

alright, wait and see then.

Excellent!
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by yamakuza: 8:53pm On Jan 06, 2013
tpia@:

What you're calling mutilations are considered art.

Do you disagree? Then explain why you think so.

well, i just dont find anything artistic in hastily drawn criss cross lines that are used to brand slaves or mark warriors.

If a few whites find them artistic, their idiosyncracy is very understandable forgivable.
Re: Real Authentic Yoruba Tribal Mark by AjanleKoko: 9:32pm On Jan 06, 2013
yamakuza:

i simply dont find anything artistic in hastily drawn criss cross lines that are used to brand slaves or mark warriors.

If a few whites find them artistic, their eccentricity is very understandable forgivable.

Seconded.
Nothing artistic in those face lines. Chap looks like he crossed a tiger on her period or something grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Any Tribe/ethnicity That Has Exactly The Same Culture And Language? / My Take On Source of Yorubas from Benin As A Bini Nairalander / 10 Reasons Ibadan Is Better Than Lagos -hashimyussufamao

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.