|Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,868,701 members, 6,884,839 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 May 2022 at 06:18 AM
|IITA Vacancy Announcement - Secretary I by Ibusho: 7:36am On Jan 04, 2013|
INTERNATIONAL INSTITUTE OF TROPICAL AGRICULTURE (IITA)
JOB OPENING ANNOUNCEMENT
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
IITA is an international non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidate for the position of Secretary I at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
Position Duties Qualification and Experience
Successful candidate will:
• Perform general office administrative duties
• Type reports, letter and other document which may be confidential in nature
• Handle incoming mail, collection, distribution as well as mailing as directed
• Carry out photocopying, scanning of documents
• Carry out data entry and organize data in hard and soft copies
• Maintain records of casual contracts, payment disbursement and work schedule
• Prepare and assist in material procurement and track purchase orders as requested
• Request and maintain record of office stationeries supply
• Arrange travel through IITA travel authorization system
• Maintain scientist calendars
• Receive visitors to units in a courteous manner
• Answer telephone and direct request to the right unit and staff
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the scientist to whom support is being provided
OND in Secretarial Studies or related field plus at least 3 years experience in Secretarial Administration. Secretarial experience in a research Institution will be an added advantage.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point)
• Good command of English language
• Ability to work as directed by the supervisor
• Ability to work in a multi- cultural, multi ethnic and religious environment
• Ability to handle stress effectively and be focused
• Ability to multitask and work effectively within strict deadlines.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers
Not later than two weeks from the date of this job posting.
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46