Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,728 members, 7,862,357 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 02:37 PM

Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos (1039 Views)

'Allahu' Inscription Appears On The Ground In Idumota. / Unbelievable! Meat With The Inscription "allah"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by tintingz(m): 10:47am On Jan 04, 2013
To be displayed today at Lagos C’Mosque after Jumat service
There was pandemonium at the Ebute Ero end of the Lagos Island in the early hours of Sunday following the sudden appearance of an Arabic inscription ALLAH (God) on a patch of dry cement, on end of the road leading to Ebute Ero WelfareAssociation Market, Lagos Island Local Government, few meters away from the Police Division in the area.
Initial report said the mysterious inscription appeared overnight on the floor of the road and became more apparent at noon on Sunday attracting thousands of people and causing a frenzied rush to the area.
Speaking to Facing the Kaaba, on the issue, the Chief Imam of Lagos State, Alhaji Muhammad Garuba Akinola Ibrahim, OON, said itwas found in the early hoursof Sunday at a place usually covered by water within the Ebute Ero Market; but it manifested because the water-log in the area dried up. “So, it could have been there before now but because of the water-log, noone could have noticed it. But it is one of the signs of Allah.”

Alhaji Garba stated that similar miraculous examples had been found in fish; trees, snail even in babies all over the world urging that it is another opportunity to witness the signs of Allah and to show that Islam is a religion sanctioned by Allah. He lampooned those who threw caution to the wind and bowed down in worship of the object urging them to repent and seek forgiveness of Allah as it is only a sign ofAllah and not a deity to be worshiped.
Stating why the object had to be removed to the Central Mosque, The Chief Imam stated: “My attention was drawn to the stampede and what people had turnedthe stone into within 24 hours that it was noticed; some bowed to it turning it into a deity of some sort; so, we had to remove it from there.”
He disclosed that the object will be displaced at the Central Mosque today after Jumat service for interested member of the public to see but warned that people should avoid committing shirk on the signs of Allah.
Alhaji Jide Idris who led the excavation of the stone noted that it was difficult removing the stone, nothing that even the police could not contain the rowdiness aseveryone in the area wanteda glimpse of the object. He confirmed that it was at found on the road usually covered by water.
He stressed that since it was removed, people including the non-Muslims have been coming to the Central Mosque to see the stone.
Five people were reported fainted due to the rowdinessof the place while many hoodlums seized the opportunity to commit crimes.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/mysterious-arabic-inscription-causes-commotion-in-lagos/

Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by BetaThings: 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2013
tintingz:
He disclosed that the object will be displaced at the Central Mosque today after Jumat service for interested member of the public to see but warned that people should avoid committing shirk on the signs of Allah.
Having taken it to the mosque or made it a "tourist" attraction makes that wish impossible
People will do shirk on account of it. That can no longer be helped. People will make "pilgrimage" to it, bow to it, pray near it, will like to take part of it away etc
Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by Stalwert: 3:53pm On Jan 04, 2013
^
Reminds me of some individuals who specialty is self beating and shrik
Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by BetaThings: 4:31pm On Jan 04, 2013
^^^^^
The self beating is even a small matter compared to when somebody confidently asserts that when a being other than Allah (SWT) says be, it will be! May Allah keep up on upon guidance.
Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by Stalwert: 5:18pm On Jan 04, 2013
Subahanallah! May Allah guide us from such. Amin
Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 04, 2013
I cannot even see any inscription in that picture
Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by tintingz(m): 1:06pm On Jan 05, 2013
^ me too

Maybe we should go there and see it with our korokoro eyes smiley
Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by tbaba1234: 1:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
^Waste of time, we really should not worry ourselves about these kinds of things...
Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 05, 2013
tintingz: ^ me too

Maybe we should go there and see it with our korokoro eyes smiley
lol. So you didn't see anything as well? And na you post am. grin
Abeg me I am tired of all these 'inscriptions' people are seeing all over the place. They are starting to serve as a source of embarassment to Islam.
Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by tintingz(m): 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
^ yea i didnt see the inscription buh since it was published in daily news so the story is worthy.

So i have to post it here to see NL view on this smiley
Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by tintingz(m): 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
tbaba1234: ^Waste of time, we really should not worry ourselves about these kinds of things...
alright ...
Re: Mysterious Arabic Inscription causes Commotion In Lagos by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2013
tintingz: ^ yea i didnt see the inscription buh since it was published in daily news so the story is worthy.

So i have to post it here to see NL view on this smiley
^Ok. Got it smiley

(1) (Reply)

2030 Ramadhan Isha Allahu / Introverts In Islam / Still On Baby Born With Qur'an

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.