Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:52 AM

Unilag 2013/2014/admission - Education (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag 2013/2014/admission (387834 Views)

University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread / UNIZIK 2013/2014 Postgraduate Form Out For Sale / University Of Lagos(unilag) 2013/2014 Admissions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (415) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Cutesthunk(m): 11:22am On Sep 24, 2013
WE ARE A CHOSEN GENERATION, CALLED FORTH TO SHOW HIS EXCELLENCE, ALL I REQUIRED FOR LIFE........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ shocked tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry smiley wink cheesy grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by farano(f): 11:26am On Sep 24, 2013
Hellllooooooooo, whats happening in here?? Well, ASUU, FG, & Supplementary list will not stop me 4rm praising my God!!!...#kneels# Lion of d tribe of Judah, who fit put am 4 zoo?nobody! He broke d law of Physics & walked on sea. He broke d law of Chemistry & turned water into wine. He broke d law of Economics(scarcity) & fed d multitude wif 5 loaves of bread & 2 fishes. He broke d law of biology(reproduction), he was born of a virgn. He broke d law of social network, He's not on twitter nor facebook yet nations follow Him! The Ancient of days, Lily of d valley, King of kings & Lord of lords, Rose of Sharon, Ominipotent, Ominipresent, Ominiscient, Adonai, Jehova El-shaddai, Rapha, Nissi, Elohim, Shamma, Bright morning star,I AM DAT I AM, Tamuno, Obinigwe, Kabiyesi, Ebubedike, D eternal rock of ages, Okaka, words r too small 2 describe Him our Messiah!!!

5 Likes

Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by damosky12(m): 11:43am On Sep 24, 2013
Cutesthunk: WE ARE A CHOSEN GENERATION, CALLED FORTH TO SHOW HIS EXCELLENCE, ALL I REQUIRED FOR LIFE........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ shocked tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided kiss cry smiley wink cheesy grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

God has given me. I KNOW WHO I AM....
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by yemmytcm(m): 11:52am On Sep 24, 2013
Sinach is happy with diz thread #tongue out# ....uplifting talks pls #winks. Being bored is a great job
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by PrinceAdepoju(m): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
@farano:
Lol! Season 2 go still come out sef
funny...abi nw
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Zikstar4me(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2013
Wow thank God I have tuned my mind to resuming January. I know they can't take it farther than that
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by damosky12(m): 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2013
How old is ASUU today?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Godson44(m): 4:55pm On Sep 24, 2013
[quote author=Cutesthunk]WE ARE A CHOSEN GENERATION, CALLED FORTH TO SHOW HIS EXCELLENCE, ALL I REQUIRED FOR LIFE..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................GOD Spirit ,ha knw who i am, ha knw who GOD says i am' wat he said ha am,I KNW WHO I AM.
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Cutesthunk(m): 5:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
[quote author=Godson44][/quote] beat *ti ke ti ke ti ke ti ke ke ke ke gbissshhh*
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Cutesthunk(m): 5:11pm On Sep 24, 2013
damosky12:
God has given me. I KNOW WHO I AM....
...*beat* ti ke ti ke ti ke ti ke ti gba gaun gbissshhh..
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by damosky12(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
Cutesthunk: ...*beat* ti ke ti ke ti ke ti ke ti gba gaun gbissshhh..
u sure xay dat beat na 4 sinach
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Godson44(m): 6:25pm On Sep 24, 2013
damosky12:
u sure xay dat beat na 4 sinach
broda ha bow ooo, that beat be lik Terry G Own ooo

2 Likes

Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2013
Every serious student that gains admission into
tertiary institutions has the aim of graduating with
a first class/distinction degree but the reality shows
that the number of first class students in Nigeria’s
tertiary institutions is on the decline.[url=scientiacentro.]scientiacentro®[/url] gives steps which if diligently
followed will enable every student who aspires to
make a first class in school to do so with ease.
1) Get serious from the first day

3) Understand your Lecturer(s)

5) Learn to study

6) Rub mind with others

7) Put God first
he Cumulative Grade Point Average(CGPA) is a measuring scale of performance for students.

Courses are assigned units depending on the volume of work required to complete the course.

The minimum number of units per semester =15. The maximum number of units per semester =24.

Each course is graded in unit 1-5.

A one(1) unit course means one hour of lecture OR
one hour of tutorial OR
2-4 hours of pratical per week throughout the semester.

A three(3) unit course means 2 hours of lectures; and 1 hour of tutorial per week.

Level of Performances:
A- ( 70-100% )
B- ( 60-69% )
C- ( 50-59% )
D- ( 45-49% )
E- ( 40-44% )
F- ( 00-39% )

Rating (Credit points per Unit)
A = 5
B = 4
C = 3
D = 2
E = 1
F = 0

Total Load Unit(TLU)-
This is the total number of course unit earned by a student in each semester.
NB: TLU lies between 15 and 24.

To the calculations proper...

If in a course of 3 unit, someone makes a grade of 'A'. Dont forget, the Credit Unit of A is 5. Now, the credit points of this particular course wil be the Unit multiplied by the Credit Unit made. That is 3 * 5 = 15.

Digest that before we continue.

Another example:- In another course CSC 101 [b], a 5-unit course. Somebody made B at the end of the semester for this course. Remember, B = 4. So the credits points for CSC 101 in that sememter would be 5 * 4 = 20.

This calculations applies to each and every course a student sat for during each semester.

[b]NOTE: Special Electives(SE) does not reflect on GPA/CGPA. Meaning...? you dont have to apply all this calculations to SE.

I wanted to pause here but lets continue.
Please, if you understand or not. Just start from the beginning. Its easy to know and simple!
I SAID, GO BACK!!!
Lets continue now.
GOD BLESS YOU
Now, the student wil add up all the Credit points of each course that made up the semester.
That is 15 + 20 + 5 + 25 + 15 + 5 + 15.... so on and so forth.
What do i mean by 25...? It means 'A' in a 5-unit course.
After the additions, then it is called Total Credit Point(TCP).
In the above example: 15+ 20+ 5+ 25+ 15+ 5+ 15= 100.
And in this, he did 2 5-unit courses; 1 4-unit courses; 2 3-unit courses; 2 1-unit courses.
Hope you havent forgot the Total Load Unit(TLU)...? [ /b]
So, we have it as 5 + 5 + 4 + 3 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 22.
[b]NB- This does not concerns the Grade this time around. We only calculated here the units for each courses. And NOT the Ratings.
Wait o o o o o
I strongly hope you havent forgotten how we arrive at... =100. That is the Total Credit Point(TCP)
NOW, the Grade Point Average(GPA) for the semester is Total Credit point(TCP) divided by Total load Units(TLU)
SO, this student GPA was 100/22 = 4.54
In your calculator, i think it'l be 4.54545. But you cant do your Rounding-off. Leave it as it is.
So, the G.P.A of the student is 4.54
Cummulative Grade Point Average(CGPA) is the summation of all the semesters Total Credit Points(TCP) divided by the summation of Total Load Units(TLU) for the semesters.
So, if this same student makes the same Grades in same Units in different courses now in his/her second semester. But had one(1) more 1-unit course and scored an 'A' in the course. So, the TCP wil be 100+5= 105. The TLU=22+1= 23.
The student GPA for 2nd semester will be 105/23= 4.56
while the CGPA will be
TCP- 100 + 105 = 205
TLU- 22 + 23 = 45
100 and 22 for first semester.
105 and 23 for second semester
the CGPA = 205/45 = 4.55
Now, go back up to where we had a Break
Just GO UP
Lets continue now.
Thats all.
Same calculations applies to everybody and in each and every semester.
Your CGPA starts from your second semester to the Eight or tenth or twelve sememester for a 4 or 5 or 6 - year course respectively.
While GPA is on each semester basis.
DANGER ALERT!
A student whose CGPA is below 1.0 at the end of a semester shall be on PROBATION.
If the CGPA is still less than 1.0 the following Semester, the student shall be required to WITHDRAW.
Last but not the least,
FIRST CLASS -- 4.50 - 5.00
Second Class Upper -- 3.50 - 4.49
Second Class Lower -- 2.50 - 3.49
Third Class -- 1.50 - 2.49
Pass -- 1.00 - 1.49
Pass= Graduate without Honours.
final NB : for each course except practical courses. The mid-semester tests is between 20-40%. And the End of the Semester Exam is between 60-80%. Practical courses have no exams. Just each practicals has each marks which make up the final Grades.
GOD BLESS YOU.
I LOVE YOU ALL.
honey

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by faraaday(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2013
miley cyrus #we cant stop# playing underground..tnk God 4 2days work...capital one cup live on supersport 3, 9, 7..hibernatn..
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Cutesthunk(m): 9:03pm On Sep 24, 2013
NAWA OO, I WONDER WHO STRIKE PASS BETWEEN ASUU AND THUNDER..,..,..,......WHO DO U THINK?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by yemmytcm(m): 10:26pm On Sep 24, 2013
@Honey,that was a good post ..thumb's up for you. ..still on diz ASUU matter
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by ifedolapo57(m): 11:15pm On Sep 24, 2013
is there still pre-degree program in UNILAG?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by jadelyn007(f): 11:56pm On Sep 24, 2013
Please,anyone in the house going for cell biology n genetics,let's hook up
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Kiingsolomon(f): 9:12am On Sep 25, 2013
@farano:
Hellllooooooooo, whats happening in here?? Well, ASUU, FG, & Supplementary list will not stop me 4rm praising my God!!!...#kneels# Lion of d tribe of Judah, who fit put am 4 zoo?nobody! He broke d law of Physics & walked on sea. He broke d law of Chemistry & turned water into wine. He broke d law of Economics(scarcity) & fed d multitude wif 5 loaves of bread & 2 fishes. He broke d law of biology(reproduction), he was born of a virgn. He broke d law of social network, He's not on twitter nor facebook yet nations follow Him! The Ancient of days, Lily of d valley, King of kings & Lord of lords, Rose of Sharon, Ominipotent, Ominipresent, Ominiscient, Adonai, Jehova El-shaddai, Rapha, Nissi, Elohim, Shamma, Bright morning star,I AM DAT I AM, Tamuno, Obinigwe, Kabiyesi, Ebubedike, D eternal rock of ages, Okaka, words r too small 2 describe Him our Messiah!!!
hmmmmm!.... Holy Spirit don come down.....
Sister Farano, your eulogy dey UPLIFTING o. #winks#@ Cuthesthunk, abi naw?
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by dapreacher(m): 10:33am On Sep 25, 2013
Whew! Been really long...since it's tym for quotes

No matter d wealth amassed by a Nigerian man..he can't and never will be bigger than GARRI - Lionel Messi 1856 grin

U guys should drop ur twitter handles na..i can sense 'tweetlyk' posts here..let's know each other jor

Since i've not seen any of d 7gurls dat made it into comp sci merit list...itz tym to port to medlag nd find d messi in my barca..Dr. Asiko i saw u in my dream..i'm coming for u
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by dapreacher(m): 10:42am On Sep 25, 2013
Hmm..ASUU members - Android users | Fg - BB users

Latest: Negotiations further delayed cos of d delay in d official release of BBM to android phones sad
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Cutesthunk(m): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2013
ifedolapo57: is therITS Ce still pre-degree program in UNILAG?
ITS CALLED DIPLOMA NOT PRE DEGREE OR FOUNDATIONAL CLASS
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Cutesthunk(m): 11:37am On Sep 25, 2013
dapreacher: Whew! Been really long...since it's tym for quotes

No matter d wealth amassed by a Nigerian man..he can't and never will be bigger than GARRI - Lionel Messi 1856 grin

U guys should drop ur twitter handles na..i can sense 'tweetlyk' posts here..let's know each other jor

Since i've not seen any of d 7gurls dat made it into comp sci merit list...itz tym to port to medlag nd find d messi in my barca..Dr. Asiko i saw u in my dream..i'm coming for u
POWERFUL QUOTESSSSSSSSSSSSSS......................... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN YOU ARE A STAR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO BE SMALL THING
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Cutesthunk(m): 11:42am On Sep 25, 2013
Wishing you all the best today! i give God all the glory, i checked my sister NECO and it was a beautiful result................ DIS IS A CONFIRMATION THAT THIS IS OUR YEAR OF BEAUTIFICATION..........WOW!
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by oladoya(m): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2013
Olaalere Ayobami
Moving Forward to The Promise Land........
Many are now suffering from stagnation,
when they actually think they are moving
forward. The ability to accelerate from one
location to another( at the right time) is called
'moving forward'. Many now make use of the
word of God( i.e Bible/Quran) wrongly and
think they are actually right. Many would say ''
give us these days, our daily bread'' yet you
are inside your closet without a tangible thing
doing. Dont deceive urself, hunger is
knocking at ur door. Many would say '' i will
lift up my eyes on to the hill''. Ofcourse, its
good to look up to the Lord but, you need to
make a move. Had Abraham never left his
father land, the promises of God for him
might have been futile. Moses did not only
look up to the mount but also climb it to
receive the Ten Commandment. Besides, the
bible says, whatever that you say in my ears
shall i listen to and grant unto you as your
heart desires. Many would say, God knows
what i want... Ofcourse he does. But
remenber God knows that Elijah was in need
of fire to consume the Fifty soldiers and their
leader, but He never gave him until he(Elijah)
asked for it. God surely knows that Jabez was
in need, but He(God) waited for Jabez to make
his need known. There are Many more but to
mention a few. No one is born a failure;we
create our fortune/ misfortune with our own
hands.
As PEAK will say'' ITS IN YOU''
Progress and dont Retrogress
God Bless.......... ....
DEDICATED to my (then) Lovely Economics
Teacher: Late prof. Shuaib Imam of ICSSS.
........RIP.... .....

1 Like

Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by oladoya(m): 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2013
Olaalere Ayobami
Moving Forward to The Promise Land........
Many are now suffering from stagnation,
when they actually think they are moving
forward. The ability to accelerate from one
location to another( at the right time) is called
'moving forward'. Many now make use of the
word of God( i.e Bible/Quran) wrongly and
think they are actually right. Many would say ''
give us these days, our daily bread'' yet you
are inside your closet without a tangible thing
doing. Dont deceive urself, hunger is
knocking at ur door. Many would say '' i will
lift up my eyes on to the hill''. Ofcourse, its
good to look up to the Lord but, you need to
make a move. Had Abraham never left his
father land, the promises of God for him
might have been futile. Moses did not only
look up to the mount but also climb it to
receive the Ten Commandment. Besides, the
bible says, whatever that you say in my ears
shall i listen to and grant unto you as your
heart desires. Many would say, God knows
what i want... Ofcourse he does. But
remenber God knows that Elijah was in need
of fire to consume the Fifty soldiers and their
leader, but He never gave him until he(Elijah)
asked for it. God surely knows that Jabez was
in need, but He(God) waited for Jabez to make
his need known. There are Many more but to
mention a few. No one is born a failure;we
create our fortune/ misfortune with our own
hands.
As PEAK will say'' ITS IN YOU''
Progress and dont Retrogress
God Bless.......... ....
DEDICATED to my (then) Lovely Economics
Teacher: Late prof. Shuaib Imam of ICSSS.
........RIP.... .....
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by solarenergy: 2:39pm On Sep 25, 2013
Shey na lyk dis we go dey dey? *in W.C voice* ASUU/F.G which levels na?
*carries plate of garri*
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by dapreacher(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
Cutesthunk: POWERFUL QUOTESSSSSSSSSSSSSS......................... MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNN YOU ARE A STAR OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO BE SMALL THING
Haha..naso jor...but wait..is dis sarcasam tho..hmm
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by dapreacher(m): 4:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
Err'bodyz bent on keeping their identities hidden..hmm..is there sumfn bout nl we shld knw dat u guys are nt saying
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Mesopotamia(f): 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2013
Folks,as i ernestly wait for unilag's supplementary list,i'm glad to inform you all that i've been shortlisted to sit for university of ibadan putme on saturday.Please pray for me.
Re: Unilag 2013/2014/admission by Cutesthunk(m): 4:42pm On Sep 25, 2013
Mesopotamia: Folks,as i ernestly wait for unilag's supplementary list,i'm glad to inform you all that i've been shortlisted to sit for university of ibadan putme on saturday.Please pray for me.
.....wishing you success

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (415) (Reply)

The Polytechnic, Ibadan 2013/2014 Admission Processes / Agbami scholars. Discussion thread. / Unilag 2014/2015 Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.