Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application (4238 Views)

NDDC 2016 Postgraduate Foreign Scholarship Application Commences / Lagos State Undergraduate Scholarship Application 2015-2016 Commences / PTDF SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by DeaconFrost1(m): 7:30pm On Jan 04, 2013
Pls i want to know if this scholarship is a scam or real coz they request dat u must make a payment of 5k to be able to apply, any beneficiary here
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by ebsuguy(m): 9:26pm On Jan 04, 2013
NO SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER WILL ASK U TO PAY A DIME....BE WISE
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by godstino(m): 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2013
i wrote d exam early dis yr,it was organised by oredian,the questions were set by nabteb benin city and it was publicised by myschool BUT THE TRUTH IS,I WUD ADVICE U NT TO APPLY COS ALL OF US DAT SCORED HIGH WERE GIVEN PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP WICH COVERS ONLY UR TUITION FOR ONE OR TWO YRS OUT OF YOUR FOUR YRS OF STUDY COS I APPLIED FOR COMPUTER APPLICATION BT U WIL AV TO TAKE CARE OF FARE,VISA,LIVING XPENSES,ACCOMODATION ET ALL IN INDIA AND ALSO U WIL BE REQUIRED TO MAKE A YR TUITION DEPOSIT B4 ANYTIN ELSE..I WROTE MINE AT PHC...BT I WUD ADVISE U TO APPLY TO THOSE SKULS IN LOWER EU COUNTRIES INSTEAD SINCE D OERL IS ALSO CAPITAL INTENSIVE
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by Wilfredng: 12:46am On Jan 05, 2013
Deacon Frost: Pls i want to know if this scholarship is a scam or real coz they request dat u must make a payment of 5k to be able to apply, any beneficiary here
ebsuguy: NO SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER WILL ASK U TO PAY A DIME....BE WISE

[size=14pt]^^^I am not a beneficiary though, but will attempt to explain to you because I work with Myschool and can guarantee the authenticity of the scholarship. The scholarship provider is different from the bodies that charge. The providers obviously do not have to charge but there are few reasons that necessitated the charges and they include these:-

1. To really make this scholarship get to hands of people who merit it, OERL needed to conduct an exam than just give out scholarships to applicants without a well-verified criteria. If they had decided to give people with good O'level results, what is the proof that those candidates who parade the best results wrote it themselves?
2. Now to conduct this exam efficiently, there is a need to "contract" a national exam body; thus there came the need for NABTEB. Don't you normally pay for NABTEB Exams?
3. Myschool.com.ng is an Educational & Students' Resource website, registered fully in Nigeria as a corporate company as Myschool Nigeria Limited, and with a main office in Aladinma, Owerri. OERL and NABTEB needed to get across to students who would love to apply, thus they have to also "contract" myschool for the application handling. This application management (plus the adverts that made you know about the scholarship, even the one placed here on Nairaland) costs Money. Myschool applications is program and SMS alert driven, of course BEST application system so far in Nigeria.

These three (3) facts are enough reason why candidates have to pay for the examination. I hope my explanations will be helpful.[/size]
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by Wilfredng: 12:59am On Jan 05, 2013
godstino: i wrote d exam early dis yr,it was organised by oredian,the questions were set by nabteb benin city and it was publicised by myschool BUT THE TRUTH IS,I WUD ADVICE U NT TO APPLY COS ALL OF US DAT SCORED HIGH WERE GIVEN PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIP WICH COVERS ONLY UR TUITION FOR ONE OR TWO YRS OUT OF YOUR FOUR YRS OF STUDY COS I APPLIED FOR COMPUTER APPLICATION BT U WIL AV TO TAKE CARE OF FARE,VISA,LIVING XPENSES,ACCOMODATION ET ALL IN INDIA AND ALSO U WIL BE REQUIRED TO MAKE A YR TUITION DEPOSIT B4 ANYTIN ELSE..I WROTE MINE AT PHC...BT I WUD ADVISE U TO APPLY TO THOSE SKULS IN LOWER EU COUNTRIES INSTEAD SINCE D OERL IS ALSO CAPITAL INTENSIVE

^^^From your briefing, no doubt, you obviously came for the examination last year.
1. It was organized by Oredian (OERL).
2. Examination was purely by NABTEB (National Headquarters, Benin, Edo State).
3. Publication & application was handled by Myschool Limited.

Reason why students were given partial scholarship last year

None (or let me say VERY FEW)of the applicants were ready for the examinations because they probably thought it won't be real until they got to the exam hall. So after the exams, none could score a simple "A". Now tell me the criteria for merit scholarship when candidate cannot score an "A". Thus they were considered on 2 or 3 years scholarship (which is worth about $4,500 x 2, $4,500 x 3, OR $5,000 x 3) depending on the course of choice. Isn't that worth it?

Students who wrote the examination last year got wiser when they came to the hall, wrote the exams, and saw their results. But they realized late due to lack of preparation. To help this situation, Myschool has made the past questions FREE to enable all 2013 candidates do well and get the FULL scholarship as required.

All said and done, 64 beneficiaries traveled by September 2012 under this scheme. Their bio-data and contacts in the listed schools in India are handy with Myschool.

To see the last year result and notice what I mean here, view 2012 results at: http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/14708/oerl-scholarship-exam-result-2012-is-out-check-it-here.html

Good luck to applicants.

1 Like

Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by chukelz: 9:13am On Nov 27, 2013
pls wat are the nature of d exam.....is it hard?....smbdy shuld brief me on that pls
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by Oysdam(m): 9:57am On Nov 27, 2013
the scholarship for dis yr covers only tuition fee,so people intending to write the exam must b financially ok...
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by chukelz: 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
oysdam apart from tuition fees d other payment are goin to likely amoun to how much in naira.....and please how can I get the past questions
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by olusexyboi: 7:55am On Dec 31, 2013
The past question is on there site I mean oredianeducation.com
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2014
Wilfred_ng:

^^^From your briefing, no doubt, you obviously came for the examination last year.
1. It was organized by Oredian (OERL).
2. Examination was purely by NABTEB (National Headquarters, Benin, Edo State).
3. Publication & application was handled by Myschool Limited.

Reason why students were given partial scholarship last year

None (or let me say VERY FEW)of the applicants were ready for the examinations because they probably thought it won't be real until they got to the exam hall. So after the exams, none could score a simple "A". Now tell me the criteria for merit scholarship when candidate cannot score an "A". Thus they were considered on 2 or 3 years scholarship (which is worth about $4,500 x 2, $4,500 x 3, OR $5,000 x 3) depending on the course of choice. Isn't that worth it?

Students who wrote the examination last year got wiser when they came to the hall, wrote the exams, and saw their results. But they realized late due to lack of preparation. To help this situation, Myschool has made the past questions FREE to enable all 2013 candidates do well and get the FULL scholarship as required.

All said and done, 64 beneficiaries traveled by September 2012 under this scheme. Their bio-data and contacts in the listed schools in India are handy with Myschool.

To see the last year result and notice what I mean here, view 2012 results at: http://myschool.com.ng/school/news/14708/oerl-scholarship-exam-result-2012-is-out-check-it-here.html

Good luck to applicants.
Bros,I wrote this exams during the 2012 set,however,when the result was released lo and behold my name was no where to be found!..called myschool help line,they found my name amongst the registered candidate buh my name wasn't found when the result was released!

One tin crossed my mind, I was Scam ed
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by katiemadubiko: 3:47pm On Sep 24, 2014
I would understand if the fee charged is around 1k to 2k.

But 5k is outrageous, these are students, where do you expect them to raise that kinda money from.

Any scholarship program that doesnt charge applicants for enrolling is probably "unserious" cos even the Lagos State Govt's scholarship program charges applicants 2k through the sale of scratch cards. The obvious reason for this is to make a clear statemen that these programs arent for all and sundry.

The point is; for those who know what they really want to gain, they'll realize its worth giving a chance.

BUT 5K IS JUST TOO MUCH BIKO!!!
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by graduatehelpers(f): 10:30am On Sep 16, 2015
Please do not be deceived the Oredian Education resources is now officially declared a scam by the indian republic reasons being that the contacts he has with the schools he claims to give scholarship,where apprehended and dismissed from the schools Vels University is one of those schools and yet mr mike adebayo still sends innocent nigerians to india only for then to get there and they are told that there is no arrangement between them and any micheal from nigeria, these students become stranded and frustrated because all the fees paid to the mr mike was not remitted to the school so the students will have to look for how to pay these fees themselves or be in danger, the government has been notified about this and investigations are on the way, any one who can give valuable information as to where mr mike can be contacted should please come forward contact http://www.specialfraudunit.org.ng/en/?page_id=80
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by Officialeric(m): 1:10pm On May 30, 2017
Enroll in a degree course... study Nursing, Pharmacy, Information technology, Accounting, Business Administration & Management, Engineering courses in the 2nd best IT and medical country in the whole world.... INDIA. with affordable school fees for 2017/2018 admission, No Jamb

Needed Documents

* INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT
* WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATION COUNCIL RESULT(WAEC RESULT or NECO CERTIFICATE)
* SECONDARY SCHOOL CERTIFICATE/TESTIMONIAL

Due Fees structures:

* Eligibility Fee $700
* Tuition Fee (To be paid on arrival) depending on course choice

Direct call and Whatsapp: +917022165845
Email:- OFFICIALERICANTHONY@MAIL.COM or OFFICIALERICANTHONY@YAHOO.COM
PRESENTLY IN INDIA

(Be careful of fraudsters and Application fees,direct contact with any school of your choice )

Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by Officialeric(m): 1:21pm On May 30, 2017
Phinity318:

Bros,I wrote this exams during the 2012 set,however,when the result was released lo and behold my name was no where to be found!..called myschool help line,they found my name amongst the registered candidate buh my name wasn't found when the result was released!

One tin crossed my mind, I was Scam ed

Enroll in a degree course... study Nursing, Pharmacy, Information technology, Accounting, Business Administration & Management, Engineering courses in the 2nd best IT and medical country in the whole world.... INDIA. with affordable school fees for 2017/2018 admission, No Jamb

Needed Documents

* INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT

Direct India contact: +917022165845
Email: Officialericanthony@mail.com
No Application fees or so called Nab*** exams

Contact the school directly
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 30, 2017
Officialeric:

Needed Documents

* INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT

Direct India contact: +917022165845
Email: Officialericanthony@mail.com
No Application fees or so called Nab*** exams

Contact the school directly
Why are u quoting me?
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by godswillzeky(m): 2:32pm On Aug 22, 2017
wow very interesting will implement what you wrote thanks for sharing this
SCHOOLBLOG
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by godswillzeky(m): 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by godswillzeky(m): 5:55am On Sep 26, 2017
Re: How Real Is OERL Scholarship Application by iamdannyfc(m): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2017

(1) (Reply)

This Is The World Deadliest Sniper / Nọ 30: Woman Invented Bullet Proof Wow! (pics) / Strange Moon Colour !!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.