Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

God's Grace Is Not For Sale - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God's Grace Is Not For Sale (900 Views)

God's Grace Is Unmerited - Joseph Prince / God's Grace Is Not For The Qualified / The Testimony Of Goshen360 Is The Testimony Of God’s Grace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God's Grace Is Not For Sale by draigboje(m): 8:29pm On Jan 04, 2013
Dear beloved, I welcome you all to a glorious and a divinely fulfilling year 2013 in Jesus name. You might have wondered why people make New Year resolutions and break them. It is not as if they simply want to break them but they need divine backing to get over whatever they are resolving against. It is only God who can help a man. The man Jacob in his bid to find favour with Esau, his brother whose birthright he had cunningly taken in the past thought of bribing his brother. He sent gifts through his servants and mandated them to tell Esau that:
“I have dwelt with Laban and stayed there until now. I have oxen, donkeys, flocks and male and female servants; and I have sent to tell my lord, that I may find favour in your sight. Then the messengers returned to Jacob, saying “We came to your brother Esau, and he also is coming to meet you and four hundred men are with him”----Gen. 32:4-7(Maxwell Leadership Bible). Jacob was simply doomed with the enraged Esau coming against him with 400 battle-ready men.
The fear of the unknown makes a lot of people congregate in the Church seeking to bribe God like Jacob as they also make feeble attempts at praying especially on the 31st of December every year. If Jacob could not bribe his blood brother why do you think God could be bribed? Being at the right place at the right time while still immersed in deep ‘spiritual shit’ is nothing. The sure way out is Jesus. Seek Him and make Him Lord over your life today as you accept Him as your personal Saviour. God bless you all in Jesus. Amen
Re: God's Grace Is Not For Sale by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 04, 2013
Good evening sir,

I quite agree with you that there is a need to seek God in truth and in spirit rather than believing that we can actually buy our way into heaven while continuing in sin.

Thank you!

(1) (Reply)

Christians Don’t Like Jesus? / See What Happens to Students That Are Late To Church In Bowen University :o / Tell Boko Haram To Stop Attacking Christians, Anglican Primate Urges Amnesty Pan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.