Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,358 members, 7,815,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam (1553 Views)

Photo Of The Nigerian Undergraduate Jailed For 24yrs For N25m Internet Scam / NDLEA Arrests 2 China-bound Passengers With 89 Debit Cards / NDLEA Arrests 2 With 2.615kg Cocaine In Ceramics, Buttons At MMIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by egoldman(m): 3:51am On Jan 05, 2013
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested two undergraduate Internet scammers and six other fraudsters at the upscale 1004 Housing Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos. One of the undergraduate, Hope Olusegun, a 25 year-old indigene of Okene, Kogi State, claims to be a student of Computer Science at the Kuala Lumpur Metropolitan University, Malaysia. He was arrested by operatives of EFCC over allegations of fraud and internet scam.

A petition by a concerned group alerted the Commission about the activities of Olusegun and his co-travelers at the elite 1004 Housing Estate where the fraudsters engaged in fraudulent activities of obtaining money by false pretences and forgery.

A search conducted by EFCC operatives at Olusegun’ s apartment led to the recovery of several items such as laptops, iPad phones, travelling documents, cheque books, flash drives, internet modem, and three exotic cars – a Mercedes Benz Jeep, One 4Matic Mercedes Benz Car and a Range Rover Sport SUV. When asked how he came about the cars, Olusegun said the cars belonged to his sister who he claimed lives in the United Kingdom.

Operatives of the EFCC also downloaded over 80 implicating documents from the laptops recovered from Olusegun. However, the Commission is making effort to track down other members of Olusegun’s syndicate who are currently at large.

Tunde Wasiu Sodiq, another undergraduate and member of another syndicate with close affinity to Olusegun’s gang was also nabbed by operatives of the EFCC at the Housing Estate. Besides Sodiq, six other members of the syndicate were equally arrested. They are: Badmus Akeem O, Ajijola Oluwatosin Emmanuel, Adebesin Olalekan, Raji Resaq O, Ajibola Adeniyi and Adeboye Lamidi.

Their arrest was sequel to a petition on their notorious activities at the Housing Estate. Sodiq (23) hails from Lagos and claimed to be an undergraduate of Brandry University, Malaysia. The leader of the syndicate, Badmus Akeem, hails from Ayetoro, Ogun State and attended Oniwaya High School, Agege. He claimed to be a traveler who does odd jobs wherever he travels. “I decided to move to Malaysia to further my education while I do “Hot jobs” as well. I just got back a week ago before the festive period and also produce music and manage artistes,” he claimed. On why he chose to live at the expensive 1004 estate where he and his friends pay N30, 000 daily, he said it was to avoid the stress that friends and relations could bring to him. “I didn’t stay on the Mainland in Lagos because of stress of friends when you just get back from abroad.”

Sodiq said that the Range Rover Sport car which was recovered from them belonged to his mother despite the fact that the car bears his alias, “T.Wizzle” .He stated in his statement that the mother decided to customize the car plate number after the name of his first son.

Other items recovered by the Commission include laptops, flash drives, internet modem, cheque books and a host of others.

They are to be arraigned in court soon.

source >>>> http://www.spyghana.com/efcc-arrests-2-undergraduates-six-others-over-internet-scam/
Re: EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by geeez: 6:12am On Jan 05, 2013
I hope their victims are reimbursed
Re: EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by cockyjay: 6:30am On Jan 05, 2013
Good one. All the people giving Nigeria a bad name should be arrested and locked up
Re: EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by AbdulAdam56(m): 6:38am On Jan 05, 2013
Money.
Re: EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 05, 2013
after them go say na across the bridge they commit all the crime for naija. una don see am now.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 05, 2013
Facrook still dey free o! Otedollar sef dey.

Chai! Nigeria is finished cry
Re: EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 05, 2013
I guess these boys are unenlightened money-miss-road hoodrats that don't know their rights. With all that money they should be able to afford a decent lawyer to get them off the hook easily.

There is no evidence yet that they made their money through scams, since they were arrested merely based on suspicion and 'petitions' from irritated or envious neighbours. Asking them how they could afford to live in 1004 or purchase expensive SUVs is baseless. They have the right not to explain anything. The only thing to do is to prove that they came about the money through illegal means. After all, the onus of proof is on the accuser. Besides, nobody has come forward to claim they he has been scammed by these guys.

In any case, this EFCC disgusts me to no end. Yahoo boys are the least of our troubles at this time. Go after the thieving politicians, subsidy thieves, fraudulent bankers, contractors, etc and secure convictions against them for once in your pathetic lives. They are the real problem of the majority of Nigerians, not petty scammers.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by free2ryhme: 9:55am On Jan 05, 2013
cockyjay: Good one. All the people giving Nigeria a bad name should be arrested and locked up

have the locked up any ex-Govs, former Presidents and former speakers and senate president, oil subsidy thieves and political crooks in agbada indicted in corruption allegation
Re: EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by cockyjay: 10:18am On Jan 05, 2013
free2ryhme:

have the locked up any ex-Govs, former Presidents and former speakers and senate president, oil subsidy thieves and political crooks in agbada indicted in corruption allegation
are those people u mentioned above giving Nigeria a bad name too? I know your answer is yes. Then i believe they should be locked up too
Re: EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by lookmangiw(m): 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2013
Malaysian boys.
Re: EFCC Arrests 2 Undergraduates , Six Others Over Internet Scam by Ucheosefoh(m): 12:35pm On Jan 06, 2013
geeez: I hope their victims are reimbursed
U could have make worse statement if it involves igbo boys, u have seen that criminal mindset knows no tribe

(1) (Reply)

Heartbreaking Photo Of Syrian Boy Protecting His Little Sister From Air Strikes / Police Man Assaults High School Student / What Would Happen If There Were No Police?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.