Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,950 members, 7,835,165 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo (763 Views)

divided Biafra Cannot Stand / Rivers, Akwa-ibom Tribunal Judgments Cannot Stand - PDP / Buhari Certificate: The Case Cannot Stand – Justice Amaize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by Itoroetti(m): 9:16am On Jan 05, 2013
How I Survived Fire that Gutted
my House - Obasanjo.
*“If it had happened at night, I would have been a
dead person by now".
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo yesterday
recounted what transpired during the fire
incident that gutted a part of his palatial building
in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, last week,
saying he would have died in the inferno.
According to Obasanjo, if not for divine
intervention that made the fire to break out in
the afternoon and not midnight, he would have
been suffocated to death and become history.
Obasanjo, who was Chairman, Board of Trustees
(BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP),
disclosed this while receiving a delegation of
executive members of the party from the Lagos
State chapter, at his hilltop residence.
He was full of praises to God for sparing his life
and for the opportunity to witness a new year,
stressing that the smoke that beclouded his room
would have killed him.
While recounting the experience to the
delegation that was led by the Chairman of the
Lagos State chapter of the PDP, Mr. Tunji Shele,
Obasanjo said many documents and consumables
were destroyed in the inferno.
He said: “The fire, which occurred in the office of
my Private Secretary, resulted in thick smoke,
which pervaded my bedroom.
“If it had happened at night, I would have been a
dead person by now.
“I want to thank all, and all those who called me
on phone both within and outside the country.
“Let us appreciate the mercy and kindness of
God.
“There are many, we started last year together,
but no more today.
“We are not mocking them, but to extol God.
“In fact, that I am able to stand erect is God’s
blessing.
“Many of my age group cannot stand well.
“I am not mocking them, but I am thanking God.”
While disclosing that he continued to receive
telephone calls from within and outside
Nigeria over the incident, the statesman prayed
that the New Year would be a glorious one for the
country.
- Sun News.
Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by iamtheprincipal: 9:26am On Jan 05, 2013
When we appreciate the I AM and I AM for what HE has done for us, we provoke HIM to doing even more.

2 Likes

Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by Nobody: 9:33am On Jan 05, 2013
Let somebody shout halleluya.

1 Like

Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by Akshow: 9:36am On Jan 05, 2013
Yeah! primates dont walk erect
Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by kettykin: 9:42am On Jan 05, 2013
Thank god for Savng Obasabjo's Live But a point of correction

Many of your Age mates cannot not stand erect not because of God's graces on you , we can remember the number of times you flew in and out of the Country to have special medical check ups in the some of the countries that have very good medical facilities with our Stolen money while the Medical facilities in a country
which you had opportunity to misrule twice for 11 years are in such a dilapidated situation.

An older African elder statesman when he had Lungs infection at 92 years was treated in a South African Hospital while ordinary injuries sustained by Governor suntai after the plane crash had him flying out of the country. Today not even 1 hospital can compare with a Clinic in India and South Africa.

Even after ruining the country you still forced a sick person to rule it .

2 Likes

Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by julius2825(m): 10:54am On Jan 05, 2013
For the sins of the AMORITES are not yet filled in my eyes,let them live and be filled in there sins,so that the day of prosecution would be with no excuse.
Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by Nobody: 11:24am On Jan 05, 2013
Spinal e.rect or pe.nile er.ect

Im dissappointed he said he survived cos the inferno happened in the daytime..
Nigerians richmen and all propery owners should know the importance of installing life saving gadgets like SMOKE ALARMS in their houses.
Gadgets like that can help nip the fire outbreak in the bud.
What we see most times are big and empty mansions with expensive electronics,leather sofas but no fire extinguishers and most importantly smoke alarms.
It should be compulsory in all homes.
Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by austinsmat(m): 1:24pm On Jan 05, 2013
OBJ have started again, I'm sure is not IBB his refering to because even with IBB leg cancer he still Nigerian maradona

1 Like

Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by Itoroetti(m): 2:49pm On Jan 05, 2013
Akshow: Yeah! primates dont walk erect
U are wicked oooooo
Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by Itoroetti(m): 2:52pm On Jan 05, 2013
austinsmat: OBJ have started again, I'm sure is not IBB his refering to because even with IBB leg cancer he still Nigerian maradona
If ibb remains maradona,then obj na cr7 and messi combine.is it not true?
At d mention of obj's name,ibb and atiku shivers.
Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by phantom(m): 2:58pm On Jan 05, 2013
gbosaa: Spinal e.rect or pe.nile er.ect

Im dissappointed he said he survived cos the inferno happened in the daytime..
Nigerians richmen and all propery owners should know the importance of installing life saving gadgets like SMOKE ALARMS in their houses.
Gadgets like that can help nip the fire outbreak in the bud.
What we see most times are big and empty mansions with expensive electronics,leather sofas but no fire extinguishers and most importantly smoke alarms.
It should be compulsory in all homes.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin okay i dont know why but the penile stuff was what came to my mind.maybe because he's known to be randy. OBJ... grin
Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 05, 2013
Itoroetti :

If ibb remains maradona,then obj na cr7 and messi combine.is it not true?
At d mention of obj's name,ibb and atiku shivers.

They Must shiver cuz when a Lion roar, all the Forest shiver!!!!

ThanGod for Baba's life!!!

Ile Oba to jona,Ewa lo bu si!!!

1 Like

Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by kunlekunle: 5:37pm On Jan 05, 2013
donroxy:

They Must shiver cuz when a Lion roar, all the Forest shiver!!!!

ThanGod for Baba's life!!!

Ile Oba to jona,Ewa lo bu si!!!

i disagree with that,
ile oba tojo gbese fun ara ilu.

GEJ go pay.
Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jan 05, 2013
Who doesn't know that Baba hasn't suffered from erect=ile dysfunction?.......Ask Gbenga.
Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
Baba and his theatheric language,he's definitely refering to someone else.
Re: Some Of My Mates Cannot Stand Erect -obasanjo by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
kunlekunle:

GEJ go pay.

Thats why ''Ewa lo bu si'' cuz Nigeria Go Pay!!!

(1) (Reply)

Oct 1 Bombing: Drama In Court As Edmund Ebuware Gets Life Sentence / Update On The Dead Bodies At Amensea River In Anambra State / Enugu Lifestyle And Golfcity: What Is Going On?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.