Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

"Great Ife" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Great Ife" (1500 Views)

Great Ife Alumni And Undergraduate Hook Up Joint. / Celebrating Great Ife @ 50 / OAU-Ife Students Thread: Great IFE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Great Ife" by keji2008(f): 3:10am On Feb 24, 2008
Hi GREAT IFE students.
how has registration been like? Stressful, i know. : cry
i wonder why IFE keeps boasting of been the best or leading ICT university when the registration is so bleeped up.
we were told that the registration process is ONLINE when they actually mean MANUAL. cry. or maybe i don't understand english anymore?

I was told that the rooms used to be occupied by 4 people,but now that same small room is occupied by 12 people.am not saying that its not the best. but i went to a boarding school,and we were more than 12 in a room,the room was spacious.
In my room we can't move about without hitting our legs on something.

but i'm lucky because i av a nairalander as a roommate. grin
Re: "Great Ife" by Jarus(m): 11:08am On Feb 24, 2008
Bloody jambite, you know your name is still written with pencil; it can still be erased. You've not even done your naming ceremony(matric), so you don't have matric no yet.

If you don't have any positive positive thing to say about our GREAT VARSITY, you better go to LAUTECH or any of these SU universities!!!!

Meanwhile I say:
Welcome to Great Ife
-Africa's most beautiful campus
-Nigeria's 2nd best University(webometrics)
-Nigeria's leading ICT university
-Nigeria's most respected University
-Nigeria's most sought-after university(arguably)
-Oba Awon University
-Only Authentic University
-Nigeria's most notorious university
Re: "Great Ife" by keji2008(f): 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2008
@ ife-eco-06
evrione has the right to a point of view.u dont ve to insult others while trying to make ur point.
i believe u are older and wiser to know this.
u dont ve to go all the way calling me names. angry
tell me the truth,will u tell me that ur registration was hitch free?

if u result to calling me names,i will retaliate.
Re: "Great Ife" by keji2008(f): 9:48pm On Feb 24, 2008
and in Jesus name i will do my matriculation
and then graduate with first class honors .
its not easy but i will put in my best.
Re: "Great Ife" by osat02: 9:01am On Feb 25, 2008
well, sis l can feel your pains, but all the same lets look at the bright side of things, the online stuff is an evolving process maybe it will take time to perfect it, but you will agree that its far better than the hours one would waste registering manually. ask your self how many universities in Nigeria has this online thing. As for Faborode et all lets pray they learn from history and not push themselves into the basement of great Ife annals along with other forgotten Dinosars.
We have seen them all, Ife leads the pack,lfe is all about, so relax and catch your fun,grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "Great Ife" by thegame(m): 4:35pm On Feb 25, 2008
ife-eco-06:

Bloody jambite, you know your name is still written with pencil; it can still be erased. You've not even done your naming ceremony(matric), so you don't have matric no yet.

If you don't have any positive positive thing to say about our GREAT VARSITY, you better go to LAUTECH or any of these SU universities!!!!

Meanwhile I say:
Welcome to Great Ife
-Nigeria's 2nd best University(webometrics)
-Nigeria's most respected University
-Nigeria's most sought-after university(arguably)
-Oba Awon University
-Only Authentic University
-Nigeria's most notorious university

Most of those features should go to the UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS. a.k.a. The university of First Choice.
i'm sorry but OAU is bleeped up.I'm only proud of my mom's set or those before the 90s.Now,prospective candidates, PLSSSSSSSSSSS don't fill in OAU as first choice.

Welcome to UNILAG---The university of first choice------
-Nigeria's 1st best University(practical)
-Nigeria's most respected University(confirmed nationally and internationally)
-Nigeria's most sought-after university(confirmed nationally and internationally)
-Oba Awon University
-Only Authentic University and by the way, NIGERIAN HARVARD
-Nigeria's most notorious university(but we are still the most responsible and the quietest)

YA HEARD??
Re: "Great Ife" by dametallic(m): 10:09pm On Feb 25, 2008
Keji,its not as if you shouldnt give your opinion, its just that you shouldnt say negative things about our school, its not good for our pride,, i know the screening has been tedious but its just part of it, whatever's gonna be good in future would probably be hard at the beginning, io wish i was in your shoes anyway i.e having a nairalander as roomate, all my roomates dont even know naira talkless of nairaland, take care and be cool, dmt
Re: "Great Ife" by dametallic(m): 10:13pm On Feb 25, 2008
thegame:

Most of those features should go to the UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS. a.k.a. The university of First Choice.
i'm sorry but OAU is bleeped up.I'm only proud of my mom's set or those before the 90s.Now,prospective candidates, PLSSSSSSSSSSS don't fill in OAU as first choice.

-Nigeria's most sought-after university(confirmed nationally and internationally)
-Oba Awon University
-Nigeria's most notorious university(but we are still the most responsible and the quietest)

YA HEARD??

see if we say,oau is bad then lag is worse, its as good as useless, the only thing i like there is the social life so brother,F**k alone
Re: "Great Ife" by dametallic(m): 10:15pm On Feb 25, 2008
keji_2008:

Hi GREAT IFE students.
how has registration been like? Stressful, i know. : cry
i wonder why IFE keeps boasting of been the best or leading ICT university when the registration is so bleeped up.
we were told that the registration process is ONLINE when they actually mean MANUAL. cry. or maybe i don't understand english anymore?

I was told that the rooms used to be occupied by 4 people,but now that same small room is occupied by 12 people.am not saying that its not the best. but i went to a boarding school,and we were more than 12 in a room,the room was spacious.

but i'm lucky because i av a nairalander as a roommate. grin
Keji,its not as if you shouldnt give your opinion, its just that you shouldnt say negative things about our school, its not good for our pride,, i know the screening has been tedious but its just part of it, whatever's going to be good in future would probably be hard at the beginning, io wish i was in your shoes anyway i.e having a nairalander as roomate, all my roomates don't even know naira talkless of nairaland, take care and be cool, dmt
Re: "Great Ife" by Nobody: 11:57pm On Feb 25, 2008
some are great by mouth( IFE), while some others are truly great.We are 'better by far.'
Re: "Great Ife" by almondjoy(f): 7:38am On Feb 26, 2008
Great Ife?

Not really. Only a distant second. wink

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/feb/21/304.html

UNIBEN tops Nigerian

Thursday, February 21, 2008
The new World Universities’ Ranking has again placed University of Benin, Benin City ahead of all Nigerian Federal, State and Private Universities in terms of global visibility in terms of researches and academic programmes.

A statement in Benin by Mr. Eddy Akporere, Head Public Relations and Protocol said that the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities released in January, 2008, showed that University of Benin maintained its first position in Nigeria, in the past one year.

The second position was clinched by Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, while a private University, Pan-African University, emerged in the third position to displace University of Ibadan to the fourth position.

So get back to work boys and girls. kiss
Re: "Great Ife" by eramate(m): 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2008
olrotimi or whatever i beg no dey talk about better by far otherwise say beter by worse cos ilorin is the worse of it, talk about ur accademy too fast to laern agreed but ur student r d dullers of all n ur school has no nation recognitn not to talk of international a geat will always be great whell ife is been mention
Re: "Great Ife" by niyi09(m): 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2008
@ keji_2008
welcome to great ife and welcome to mozambique hall. the cradle of Ife queens.Would u like 2 hook up with fellow nairalanders in IFe ? if yes Drop ur phone No and email addy. wishin u a stress free session.
Re: "Great Ife" by Jarus(m): 5:24pm On Feb 26, 2008
keji_2008:

@ ife-eco-06
evrione has the right to a point of view.u don't ve to insult others while trying to make your point.
i believe u are older and wiser to know this.
u don't ve to go all the way calling me names. angry
tell me the truth,will u tell me that your registration was hitch free?

if u result to calling me names,i will retaliate.

Aburo,I just dey play with you!!!!!! I pray you graduate with 1st Class as you desire!!!!! But e no easy oooo
thegame:

-Oba Awon University

YA HEARD??
Ore, why are stealing our records and awards? You even dubbed our epithet OBA AWON UNIVERSITY (OAU). Everybody knows UNILAG comes first when it comes to social activities.Also I personally believe going to UNILAG stands one at a brighter chance to become more exposed and smart than any other varsity in Nigeria.But instead of mentioning those known facts,you were busy copying and pasting our awards,records and even epithets! How u take enter varsity sef? U dub in JAMB?

However,more seriously speaking,I respect UNILAG too.I belong to the school of thought that believe there are 4 universities in Nigeria-IFE,LAG, UI and OTHERS. I have met many Unilag products and they impressed me.
almondjoy:

Great Ife?

Not really. Only a distant second. wink

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/feb/21/304.html

So get back to work boys and girls. kiss
That was why I said we are the 2nd best at the moment
olrotimi:

some are great by mouth( IFE), while some others are truly great.We are 'better by far.'

UNILORIN I cant stop laughing!!!! That glorified secondary school,where a person that scored 160 in UME gets admission into medicine;where a person(2 brothers of mine) that is yet to pass English O level is graduating!!!!!!

I am from Kwara state,so I know Unilrin very well. My family use to go there.I only turned rebel,and opted for GREAT IFE where there were challenges!!!!
Re: "Great Ife" by ufocharles: 12:13am On Feb 27, 2008
U GUYS REALLY AMAZE ME CRITICISING OAU.
FOR U TO BE A STUDENT IN OAU, THEN U R ACADEMICALLY SOUND AND NOT THAT ALONE, U R VERY LUCKY COS EVERY STUDENT WANTS TO ATTEND THE SCHOOL. IM A PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM AND IVE HAD THE PRIVILEDGE OF ATTENDING OTHER HIGHER INSTITUTION AND EVEN COMPARED WITH OTHER UNIVERSITIES, IFE IS ONE OF THE BEST IN NAIJA WHETHER U LIKE OT OR NOT.
BE HAPPY U R IN THE SYSTEM OK.
THE ENVIRONMENT IS ONE OF A KIND ENJOY IT.
YOUR REWARD FOR ENDURING THE SYSTEM AND COMING OUT WITH THE BEST IS GREAT OUTSIDE THE FOUR WALLS.
WISH YOU ALL DA BEST
Re: "Great Ife" by ufocharles: 12:16am On Feb 27, 2008
[color=#000099][color=#000099][color=#990000]Hi GREAT IFE students.
how has registration been like? Stressful, i know. : Cry
we were told that the registration process is ONLINE when they actually mean MANUAL. Cry. or maybe i don't understand english anymore?
[/color]

but i'm lucky because i av a nairalander as a roommate. Grin[/color][/color]

U GUYS REALLY AMAZE ME CRITICISING OAU.
FOR U TO BE A STUDENT IN OAU, THEN U R ACADEMICALLY SOUND AND NOT THAT ALONE, U R VERY LUCKY COS EVERY STUDENT WANTS TO ATTEND THE SCHOOL. IM A PRODUCT OF THE SYSTEM AND IVE HAD THE PRIVILEDGE OF ATTENDING OTHER HIGHER INSTITUTION AND EVEN COMPARED WITH OTHER UNIVERSITIES, IFE IS ONE OF THE BEST IN NAIJA WHETHER U LIKE OT OR NOT.
BE HAPPY U R IN THE SYSTEM OK.
THE ENVIRONMENT IS ONE OF A KIND ENJOY IT.
YOUR REWARD FOR ENDURING THE SYSTEM AND COMING OUT WITH THE BEST IS GREAT OUTSIDE THE FOUR WALLS.
WISH YOU ALL DA BEST
Re: "Great Ife" by niyi09(m): 8:17am On Feb 27, 2008
@ keji_2008
welcome to great ife and welcome to mozambique hall. the cradle of Ife queens.Would u like 2 hook up with fellow nairalanders in IFe ? if yes Drop ur phone No and email addy. wishin u a stress free session
Re: "Great Ife" by lloydhill(m): 4:38pm On Feb 27, 2008
i am a fresher here in ife and i am proud of it, thou there was stress concerning our registration but its still okay compared to other schools,What i dislike about ife is the awolowo hall, i mean its so bad cos i was allocated a bed space and when i got to the toilet it was so messed up i have go down to gay to bath and do some other things, well keji we can hook up in one of these days my name is shegun and my num is 07035267963, byeeeeeeeeeeee one love.GREAT IFE ANY OTHER IFE IS A COUNTERFIET
Re: "Great Ife" by lloydhill(m): 4:41pm On Feb 27, 2008
the new school anthem is so messed up,
Re: "Great Ife" by Jarus(m): 8:17pm On Feb 27, 2008
lloydhill:

the new school anthem is so messed up,

Has Ife anthem been changed? Please what is the new one?
Re: "Great Ife" by osat02: 8:48am On Feb 28, 2008
Unilag, ILorin et all, give it to them guys at least they have a right to exist, you know we can not all go to great institutions, some folks have to be in those best among second rated ones
Can he really change the school anthem, its a tradition that will survive Faborode cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "Great Ife" by keji2008(f): 10:26pm On Feb 29, 2008
thanks for ur contribution guyz.

i want to ask another question,if i may know,why do IFE GUYS like hanging around MOZ ?? wink.
the reason is clear,but i want to hear from the horses mouth.
Re: "Great Ife" by keji2008(f): 10:35pm On Feb 29, 2008
thanks guyz 4ur contributions.

I want to ask another question,if i may know,why do IFE guyz love hanging around MOZ?? wink
the reason is clear,but i want to hear from the horses mouth.
Re: "Great Ife" by niyi09(m): 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2008
@keji_2008
the reason Ife guys love to hang around moz is clear. it is the cradle of Ife queens and u have not answered my question Keji
Re: "Great Ife" by keji2008(f): 5:27pm On Mar 01, 2008
@niyi09
of course, i would like to hook up with other nairalanders,but am sorry not now,maybe in future. smiley smiley smiley
Re: "Great Ife" by niyi09(m): 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2008
@keji_2008
why not now, it is as if u are too serious well face ur studies sha.Oau is not nice as far as CGPA is concerned.Which department u dey sef?
Re: "Great Ife" by Nobody: 3:40pm On Mar 02, 2008
thegame:

-Oba Awon University

YA HEARD??

I wonder a sane human being would disagree that OAU is the leading Nigerian University .OAU would always be great and there is nothing you can do about iyt. Another GREAT IFE would always be a counterfit.I think you have been denied admission to the pretigious OAU and you opted for UNILAG.OLODO grin

Re: "Great Ife" by sulymon(m): 10:11am On Mar 03, 2008
you guys are just making my head boon, i also sat for the great versitys post ume, but i was not offer admission yet with high score, but i.m still proud of da graet versity, i think a downfall of man is not the end of his life, i still hope to be one the student of da greate versity. tongue, Sulaimon, 08029698408
Re: "Great Ife" by Jarus(m): 6:45pm On Mar 03, 2008
sulymon:

you guys are just making my head boon, i also sat for the great versitys post ume, but i was not offer admission yet with high score, but i.m still proud of da graet versity, i think a downfall of man is not the end of his life, i still hope to be one the student of da greate versity. tongue, Sulaimon, 08029698408

Just keep trying and praying,Insha Allah you will finally gain admission into I
Re: "Great Ife" by thegame(m): 10:50pm On Mar 03, 2008
olowe2007:

I think you have been denied admission to the pretigious OAU and you opted for UNILAG.OLODO grin
that's where u go it wrong dude. I haven't thought of going to OAU ever since i learnt about jamb. U guys may only be good academically but when it comes to practical and making use of what u have learnt, I think U are nowhere to be found. They just teach u based on the old sylabbus of "know all and do part".that's where an international school like unilag comes in.U practice what u know and u represent ur skul wherever u go.
WHY do u think unilag students have better job chances than oau students??
IF U KNOW THE ANSWER< THEN WHY DID U APPLY IN THE FIRST PLACE?
OR rather, u know one of the village headmasters in ife that told you getting in would be easy and you were too dull for unilag??.
Re: "Great Ife" by aphoe(m): 12:32pm On Mar 05, 2008
OOU might not be the greatest university even in Ogun State but i can tell you authoritatively that OOU produces the best of brains that this country has. The world is proud to have a school like OOU

(1) (Reply)

Imsu Unn Post Ume / Exam Scandal Rocks Lautech / Tasued 2010/2011 Direct Entry Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.