Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,673 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport (22394 Views)

Man Inserts Cocaine In Anus From Brazil, Arrested In Lagos Airport / Cleaner Caught With N53M At Murtala Mohammed Airport / 3 Arrested At Lagos Airport For Swallowing 233 Wraps Of Cocaine (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 06, 2013
Fatoke Abiodun, Nigeria’s veteran guitarist, who played alongside legendary musician, King Sunny Ade for three decades, has been arrested with cocaine, the anti-drug agency said on Saturday.
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, said that Abiodun was arrested on 1 January while attempting to board an Air France flight to Italy at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, southwest Nigeria.

“We have made the first arrest in the new year. The suspect, a guitarist by name Fatoke Abiodun was found with 1.575kg of cocaine. The drug was discovered in the false bottom of his luggage during the outward screening of passengers to Italy,” said ,NDLEA Commander the Lagos Airport, Mr Hamza Umar
The agency said the 62-year old grandfather with four wives and many children, is helping narcotic investigators handling the case.
“Fatoke has owned up to the alleged crime blaming his involvement on financial hardship,” said the agency’s spokesperson, Mitchell Ofoyeju.
NDLEA quoted Fatoke as saying: “I played for King Sunny Ade for 30 years before I was unceremoniously retired in 2007. I was unprepared and without severance money I saw the bitter side of life.”
He said his drug trafficking attempt is his first as he did it out of frustration.
“Because at my age I could not provide for my family. I am ashamed of myself,” he was quoted as saying.
NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade described the involvement of Fatoke in drug trafficking as sad and disappointing.
“It is sad and disappointing for a grandfather to be involved in drug trafficking. This is a bad legacy to his children. This is a good start for the agency in the year and a sign that the days ahead will be tough for drug traffickers. The agency will continue to handle every case in accordance with the NDLEA Act,” Giade was quoted as saying.
The suspect will be charged to court for unlawful exportation and possession of narcotics, NDLEA said.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/01/05/sunny-ades-ex-guitarist-fatoke-caught-with-cocaine/

3 Likes

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Roseart: 1:06am On Jan 06, 2013
That's sad what people are reduced to because of poverty. I wonder how much he was paid during his time, was it all gone when he was fired in 2007?

Celebrities seem to believe that money will always flow and never prepare for the unknown.

4 Likes

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by free13: 1:06am On Jan 06, 2013
One name comes to mind.........Baba Suwa. undecided
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Nobody: 1:13am On Jan 06, 2013
A part of me feels sorry for him somehow
The sort of frustration that will lead a 62 year old grandfather to traffic drugs then another part of me says
Even if Sunny Ade retired him without a severance package,why couldn't he use his guitar skills to continue to earn a living
Didn't he make any investments for all the 30 years of playing with King Sunny?

18 Likes

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by dominique(f): 1:43am On Jan 06, 2013
did he expect to make it past the officials with that huge amount of coke in his luggage of all places!!! I kndda feel bad for him tho. Hope he doesn't die of shame sad.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 06, 2013
babyosisi: A part of me feels sorry for him somehow
The sort of frustration that will lead a 62 year old grandfather to traffic drugs then another part of me says
Even if Sunny Ade retired him without a severance package,why couldn't he use his guitar skills to continue to earn a living
Didn't he make any investments for all the 30 years of playing with King Sunny?

King Sunny Ade should be the happiest man right now,imagine going on a world tour with this man and such happens..
He king Ade would,ve been arrested as well and the very good image he had built over the years would,ve been tanished forever just like that.

I dont believe this is the first time he is doing something like this.he must wasted his earning in owambe.
30 years of playing with a maestro like Ade without any savings isnt an excuse to deal drug.
He should,ve used his skills to make a living or go to Ade for assistance.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by babarazy: 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
free13: One name comes to mind.........Baba Suwa. undecided
Baba suwa ko, baba Sala ni.

2 Likes

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Egbagirl(f): 3:04pm On Jan 06, 2013
sad very sad. Na wa o. It is interesting to note that it is always their first time that they get caught. I can imagine the regret. Sigh.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by OmoAlata(f): 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
Surely he must have grown up kids who could have assisted him sad
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by omiobo: 3:05pm On Jan 06, 2013
Yeepa! Ori iyami eleko!
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by chymystique(f): 3:07pm On Jan 06, 2013
We Nigerians Love To Give Stupid Excuses For Our Actions...... If that he was not Caught now, and d Deal went SuccessFully He Woulda Bin Feelin Wow oR mayB sef wnt Use d money To do Better Things..... I guess this aint d first tym he is Doin et..... Good Riddance to him.

"Everyday is for d thief one day is for d owner of d haus"

1 Like

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Clemzy16(m): 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2013
Na today?! Who would have believed this so-called musicians live on their musical career.

1 Like

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by naffysa(f): 3:12pm On Jan 06, 2013
I hop his former boss will help him out
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Dreyl(m): 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]now he gonna be very ashame of himself.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by merits(m): 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2013
Clemzy16: Na today?! Who would have believed this so-called musicians live on their musical career.
baba am sorry 4 u oooo.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Dreyl(m): 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]oh very bad
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by REVOLUTNIS: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
I feel for his poor family members, they should forgive him he is just an old man

1 Like

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by alaladakosta(f): 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2013
trying to make money,he should have contacted baba suwe to show him how to go about it incase bubble burst.modasuckers!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by vanstanzy(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2013
Money is never enough. He too wants to be super-duper rich. But once u have the things of this world and worship them, u'll always want more no matter how u get 'em.

1 Like

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by barackosama(m): 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
babyosisi: Fatoke Abiodun, Nigeria’s veteran guitarist, who played alongside legendary musician, King Sunny Ade for three decades, has been arrested with cocaine, the anti-drug agency said on Saturday.
The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, said that Abiodun was arrested on 1 January while attempting to board an Air France flight to Italy at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos, southwest Nigeria.

“We have made the first arrest in the new year. The suspect, a guitarist by name Fatoke Abiodun was found with 1.575kg of cocaine. The drug was discovered in the false bottom of his luggage during the outward screening of passengers to Italy,” said ,NDLEA Commander the Lagos Airport, Mr Hamza Umar
The agency said the 62-year old grandfather with four wives and many children, is helping narcotic investigators handling the case.
“Fatoke has owned up to the alleged crime blaming his involvement on financial hardship,” said the agency’s spokesperson, Mitchell Ofoyeju.
NDLEA quoted Fatoke as saying: “I played for King Sunny Ade for 30 years before I was unceremoniously retired in 2007. I was unprepared and without severance money I saw the bitter side of life.”
He said his drug trafficking attempt is his first as he did it out of frustration.
“Because at my age I could not provide for my family. I am ashamed of myself,” he was quoted as saying.
NDLEA Chairman, Ahmadu Giade described the involvement of Fatoke in drug trafficking as sad and disappointing.
“It is sad and disappointing for a grandfather to be involved in drug trafficking. This is a bad legacy to his children. This is a good start for the agency in the year and a sign that the days ahead will be tough for drug traffickers. The agency will continue to handle every case in accordance with the NDLEA Act,” Giade was quoted as saying.
The suspect will be charged to court for unlawful exportation and possession of narcotics, NDLEA said.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/01/05/sunny-ades-ex-guitarist-fatoke-caught-with-cocaine/
K
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by Dfrenzy(m): 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
This is a first degree case of comtempt, attempt, template and comtemplation, i rest my case your honour.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by brownlord: 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
Why did they report the news as if he was still playing for king sunny ade or he was caught why traveling wit him, why not simply say ex or address the man by his name, why do they even have to mention sunny ades name in the first plce if he's stopped working for him for 6 yrs now, men nigeria and wack journalism

3 Likes

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by alaladakosta(f): 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: I feel for his poor family members, they should forgive him he is just an old man
hhhj

Feel sorry u say? he his trying to destroy someones life with that.check out majeckfasheck in see what that substance can turn a sane person to,modasuckers!!!!
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by vanstanzy(m): 3:18pm On Jan 06, 2013
REVOLUTNIS: I feel for his poor family members, they should forgive him he is just an old man

My friend, the law doesnt know age when it comes to offenders.
Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by alienware(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2013
May a mean surgeon sew up your a$$ hole for trying to soil our name grin grin grin grin

May the fleas of a thousand camel infest your scrotch and may your hands be too short to scratch cheesy cheesy cheesy

May you obsess daily over ewedu and amala for the rest of your life

May all your teeth fall oof except the one with the tooth ache

2 Likes

Re: Cocaine Found On Sunny Ade's Guitarist of 30 Years At Murtala Muhammad Airport by FlyboyZee: 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2013
Silly ol' man.
Spent 30 years earning well as a celeb guitarist.
Spent his earnings on women, culminating into 4 wives and many children, whom I'm sure he never took care of. Now he wants us to have pity on him as if his problems we caused by the Government or economic hardship in the country. His he trying to tell is that he was going to serve KSA even of he waa very old and senile? How do peeps reason self?

Those blaming GEJ, BRF and the Government for anything and everything should know that, their destiny lie in their hands. Even in the so-called advanced countries and best economies, things are not as easy as imagined.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom & Abia Communal Clash: 4 Dead, Many Injured / Motorist Assaults Policeman Trying To Arrest Him For Driving Against Traffic / Hotel Cleaner Arrested Over N500million Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.