Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Website Review, Please Post A Comment - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Review, Please Post A Comment (1860 Views)

Website Review: Please Webmasters Help Me Review This New Social Forum Website / Website Review --->please Review This Site For Me Tnks / BLOG REVIEW: Please Criticise This Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Review, Please Post A Comment by cmon(m): 8:11pm On Feb 24, 2008
A pharmaceutical company wanted a website and I offered this ::: www.webworksnigeria.com/dm ::: what do you think of the website?

The news and media section on the home page is database driven so don't mind the emptyness. I just didn't want errors on the page so I removed the PHP script for it.
Re: Website Review, Please Post A Comment by smartsoft(m): 9:13pm On Feb 24, 2008
nice job brother !
Re: Website Review, Please Post A Comment by my2cents(m): 4:16am On Feb 25, 2008
Layout is good. A few pointers:

1) I noticed the site says the company offers syrups but the photos are those of tablets. Perhaps a flash/dhtml fade movie would work here, where you fade in the company's products on each page?

2) Contact form: i am a big fan of telling pple which fields are required upfront and doing a front-end validation as opposed to waiting for the server to load and then being told, one field at a time, that i didn't fill out the form properly.

3) On products page: the tablets header has a background that is not blending well with the white background. Perhaps you should use your favorite graphics program to erase the greyish background?

4) If "Precision in manufacturing." is their motto, you might want to make it a bit bigger and bring it closer to the logo.

5) For semantic reasons, you might want to use h1 instead of span class="header1", among others. Besides, it's less keystrokes wink

I hope these help.
Re: Website Review, Please Post A Comment by Thenetwork: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2008
Of course we have professional in the house who can constructively criticize the work for better job, but for my level I think you do a good job, of course not perfect. I guess you use a script.

I would like to receive a training on how to professionally install and edit script including phpbb (e.g forum like nairaland). I am urgently interested. looking forward to hear from you.

Do you know anything about domain monetization. It is a great business with a very minimal risk level. Check out http://sedo.com/main.php3?language=us&partnerid=38279

Do you have you own Web hosting business. Here is my own http://richhosts.com , you can get yours at http://www.resellerspanel.com/?a=creativemind . It is free to set up you account , know down payment
Re: Website Review, Please Post A Comment by cmon(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2008
@smartsoft,
Thanks for encouraging

@Thenetwork,
I really don't think you need any professional training on how to install and edit forums like nairaland. All you have to do is to install it using your web hosting panel. Most of these forums come with an administrative panel where you can customize the forum the way you want it.

There's really no experience like trying out something so just install it and explore. If you don't like it, you can always uninstall it.

@my2cents
I was really looking forward to you contribution when I made this post and I'm glad you did. I've looked into your points and taken the following actions.

1) I really don't see what made you think the company offers just syrups because there's no where on the website it was written. To view the other products, the products page states everything.

2) I agree with your opinion on the contact page. Since all the fields in the page are required, I just placed a text telling the visitor that all fields are required. Thanks for the point.

3) The owner of the website didn't even like the pix I used so I changed the entire graphic to something that should satisfy both you and the client.

4) The motto was made bigger. I agree with you on this issue

5) as for the <span class> stuff. I hope I'll stick to your style on my next web project.

In all, thanks a lot for your contribution.
Re: Website Review, Please Post A Comment by my2cents(m): 3:28pm On Feb 27, 2008
cmon,

I didn't say the company offered just syrup. I said I noticed the company said they offered syrup, but not "just syrup". Here is a quote from the home page:
Products

HC 12®
A hemoglobin syrup with vitamin B12 Containing 500g of hemoglobin and 20mg of B12 per teaspoon.

That is what prompted by comment above.

In all, I am happy you took the pointers. I am not perfect myself and no one can ever develop a perfect site, however, we can all strive for one that is accessible to the widest audience and viewable by a wide array of devices by coding sites right the first time.

(1) (Reply)

Increase Your Blog Traffic For Free In No Time / Yemlat End Of The Year Promo With 50% / What Are The Top Forums In Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.