Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Don`t Mind Your Critics,obj Tells Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don`t Mind Your Critics,obj Tells Okorocha (764 Views)

Stop Complaining About Crude Price, GEJ Left You $30b, OBJ Tells Buhari / You Didn’t Truly Campaign For Buhari, APC Tells Okorocha / Resign Now, Obj Tells Yar’adua; Protest In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don`t Mind Your Critics,obj Tells Okorocha by mentorken05(m): 10:42pm On Jan 06, 2013
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Saturday advised the Imo State governor, Rochas Okorocha not to be deterred by criticism of his performance.

Mr Obasanjo gave the advice at the wedding of the governor’s first daughter, Uloma, and husband, Uche Nwosu, at the Holy Cross Catholic Church, Aladinma, Owerri.

Mr Nwosu is the Imo Commissioner for Lands and Survey

The former president, who said Mr Okorocha was bound to receive criticisms, urged him to remain focused on the programmes and policies of his administration aimed at developing the state.

⁠Tags⁠

He reminded the governor that the more good he did, the more criticisms he would attract, citing Jesus Christ as an example. The former president noted that Jesus was an epitome of goodness, yet he was crucified by his enemies.

He commended Mr Okorocha for believing in and preaching the unity of the country, an attitude he said was the hallmark of a progressive leader.

Earlier, Mr Okorocha stressed the need for unity in the country, adding that the support he had received from people from all parts the country showed that Nigerians were becoming more united.

“I received supports and gifts from almost all the governors, including those that were represented. In fact, Nigeria is matching forward and very soon we will become the greatest nation in mankind if we continue like this,” he said
Re: Don`t Mind Your Critics,obj Tells Okorocha by redsun(m): 11:36pm On Jan 06, 2013
Jokers in the pack.
Re: Don`t Mind Your Critics,obj Tells Okorocha by Not2bee: 12:00am On Jan 07, 2013
I know we have a fool as a governor,but didn't realize he has steped up the act.he should come to the north and see how igbos are killed on daily bases.And he is there taking rubish.Saboture
Re: Don`t Mind Your Critics,obj Tells Okorocha by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:33am On Jan 07, 2013
And why shouldn't he mind his critics ?......is he perfect?

I'm getting sick and tired of Rochas' personality and family affairs being the centre of attention and the main newsmaker in Imo state; i don't give a fuc/k angry angry about his daughters wedding or developments in or around gov't house.....i want to see being built- urban/rural roads, new schools (besides just the one we see built in Owerri), hospitals and clinics, gardens/parks.....and i want to read stories of Public/Private initiatives in tourism, transportation, infrastructure, etc.
Re: Don`t Mind Your Critics,obj Tells Okorocha by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 07, 2013
Not2bee: I know we have a fool as a governor,but didn't realize he has steped up the act.he should come to the north and see how igbos are killed on daily bases.And he is there taking rubish.Saboture
(not2bee)why can't you choose (not2be) a fo_ool. Did he ask anybody to go and stay permanently in the north?

(1) (Reply)

Recruitment Saga:immigration Boss Sacked/forcefully Retired / Nigeria’s Centenary May End Union —PRONACO / We Want To Stop Nigeria From Becoming A One-party State— Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.