Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

I Want To Get Involved In Computer Programming, Where Do I Start? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Get Involved In Computer Programming, Where Do I Start? (1141 Views)

I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? / I Want To Learn Computer Programming, What Language Should I Learn First? / Project Topics In Computer Science (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Get Involved In Computer Programming, Where Do I Start? by YungDoc(m): 11:05am On Feb 25, 2008
I've always loved computers and software and I want to start a career in it although im currently studying chemistry in the university. Can anyone give me any pointers as to which programming languages or certifications are best for a starter and which are the most promising and lucrative?Thanx.
Re: I Want To Get Involved In Computer Programming, Where Do I Start? by buyolala(m): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2008
hi

i will start by advising to be determined first of all because is the driving power. After that lay your hand on any language,read, read, read, practice, practice and practice and there you are.

you can google for programming languages and get exclusive list to make choice from.

all the same, goooooooood luck
Re: I Want To Get Involved In Computer Programming, Where Do I Start? by Olumide7(m): 10:30am On Feb 26, 2008
Many people might not agree with me but I'll advise you to start with Turbo Pascal, Yes it is primitive but for a solid background knowledge in programming, it's the way to go.

(1) (Reply)

C++ Experts Please Come To My Aid.... / In Need Of Programmers / Excellent Java Developers Quizzes For Interview Prepration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.