Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,719 members, 7,813,369 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? (2039 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Why You Should Be Careful In Choosing Your Next Of Kin (Photos) / Rude Awakening: I Am Not My Husband's Next Of Kin And Beneficiary!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by flow1759: 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2013
While i was serving a colleague of mine wanted to open an account in a bank, to my surprise when he wanted to fill in for next of kin, he wrote the name of his son (he wasn't married and he had no child), and in the column for relationship with the next of kin, he fill in SON TO BE. I asked him why, and he said he wanted it that way. He even gave his unborn child a name before the child came to the world. He wasn't married and he had no child out of wedlock either, he was 26. his explanation for the the whole thing was funny and i almost laughed out loud in the bank. Nairalanders, my questions are?
1. Don't he have relatives?
2. What if he doesn't give birth to a boy?
3. What if he doesn't give birth at all?
4. What if he doesn't live to get married (Am not wishing him death, but he is not GOD, and doesn't know what tommorow hold)
Pls your comments on this issue
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by Gambrosia: 6:57pm On Jan 07, 2013
His business. He can always change it and put a 'GORILLA'S' name in the future! grin
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by flow1759: 7:55pm On Jan 07, 2013
Gambrosia: His business. He can always change it and put a 'GORILLA'S' name in the future! grin
so gorilla dey get name sef? Pls comment reasonably so others can learn. Or make u go sleep. FULLSTOP
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by Gambrosia: 7:59pm On Jan 07, 2013
flow1759:
so gorilla dey get name sef? Pls comment reasonably so others can learn. Or make u go sleep. FULLSTOP

Only my one post for this ya 'miserable' thread. . .YOU STILL DEY TIA YA PAHEINT!

Na who 'suppose go sleep'?
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!
Abeg drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrress comot from my side before ya 'miserable loneliness' ON and OFfLINE infect moi!
I NOR SEND! kiss
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by flow1759: 8:24pm On Jan 07, 2013
Gambrosia:

Only my one post for this ya 'miserable' thread. . .YOU STILL DEY TIA YA PAHEINT!

Na who 'suppose go sleep'?
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!
Abeg drrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrress comot from my side before ya 'miserable loneliness' ON and OFfLINE infect moi!
I NOR SEND! kiss
yekpa, na me u dey yab like dis? I no yab u oh. If we start yab, na u go beg oh. Bros wetin b "tia ya paheint" abi na french?
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by Gambrosia: 8:27pm On Jan 07, 2013
flow1759:
yekpa, na me u dey yab like dis? I no yab u oh. If we start yab, na u go beg oh. Bros wetin b "tia ya paheint" abi na french?

Then show some 'manners' to the only poster on YOUR THREAD! kiss
Till then. . . .

*thread unfollowed* kiss
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by flow1759: 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2013
Gambrosia:

Then show some 'manners' to the only poster on YOUR THREAD! kiss
Till then. . . .

*thread unfollowed* kiss
sorry oh "mr only poster". Manners shown. Wat nxt?
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by ifyalways(f): 9:56pm On Jan 07, 2013
Rofl cheesy

@OP, it doesn't make sense to me but its a free world.
Btw, which bank accepted "son to be" as financial next of kin? Dis your tori get k-leg undecided
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by flow1759: 4:40pm On Jan 18, 2013
ifyalways: Rofl cheesy

@OP, it doesn't make sense to me but its a free world.
Btw, which bank accepted "son to be" as financial next of kin? Dis your tori get k-leg undecided

D costomer service lady did not even border going through the form properly b4 accepting it due to her incompetency. What am i to do i just laughed my way home..... He wrote d name of d "son to be" as shedrack while he wrote relationship as "son to be"
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by Francheezy(m): 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
There is always time for changes, she should use close relative first when her son comes she can change it. But then people should not bother who she uses as next of kin that her entire business.
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by Mynd44: 6:24am On Mar 31, 2013
That is a very silly idea. What if something happens before he has a son? What is the assurance that he would even have a son sef?
Re: One's Unborn Child As Next Of Kin, Is It Logical? by Winneygirl(f): 11:22am On Mar 31, 2013
People dont undrstd d need 4 next of kin to be stated correctly.

An elderly man had an accident. Only his clinic card (carrying d Dr.'s fone number) was found among his possession. When d Dr was called, he pulled out d mans file. Although no fone number was written as d data was collected b4 d advent of GSM, but there was a valid address 4 d next of kin. A drive 2 d address revealed family members.

I can state many cases like dis.

When I see pple filling forms, and on getting 2 d next of kin portion, they ask if they can use their son who is in Primary 2, I just shake my head. In case of eventualities, wud we call Ur son in primary 2?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Does Phophecy Actually Works In Terms Of Life Partner? / 8 Photos Of Your Kids You Shouldn’t Post On Social Media And Why!!! / BECOMING A DAD FOR THE FIRST TIME? - First Time Daddies: Come In Here!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.