Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics (18226 Views)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Photos From Rehearsals For The Inauguration Ceremony On Friday / Did You Watch Tinubu At The Lagos Apc Presidential Rally Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by TonySpike: 9:17am On Jan 08, 2013
ypzilanti: I agree. What an elitist project. grin

On a serious note, though, why has the federal government not constructed 1 single major infrastructural project since democracy? Even the kleptocratic government of IBB can point at 3rd mainland bridge and half of abuja as a legacy in 8 years. Please what is PDP's legacy?

Looting, looting and looting... grin
Well, they built the National Stadium in Abuja
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by ypzilanti: 9:17am On Jan 08, 2013
Walphem: I laugh in Spanish, how and why will you conclude that the project is Photoshop? I have my personal collections of pictures around the project.I move thru the axis almost daily and what I say is God should give him the grace to complete this enormous project.

Why do many Nigerians not get sarcasm?

1 Like

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by jigawatts(m): 9:20am On Jan 08, 2013
seanet01: This is not Okrika Governance.
This is real Governance meant for Real People not isi ewu people.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by ypzilanti: 9:24am On Jan 08, 2013
Tony Spike:

Looting, looting and looting... grin
Well, they built the National Stadium in Abuja

How does national stadium translate to Nigerians lives? A better example would be MM2 with public/private partnership. That was OBJ's regime, but it still does not merit the grand scale of project I have in Mind for a huge country like Nigeria.

The irony of the whole thing is that population is that is supposed to be out competitive advantage is not being used to any effect. Imagine if Federal Government concessions an east west rail line to private investors. In most infrastructural projects they even do not have to do much, just set up the framework for public/private partnership.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by naptu2: 9:25am On Jan 08, 2013
ypzilanti:

How does national stadium translate to Nigerians lives? A better example would be MM2 with public/private partnership. That was OBJ's regime, but it still does not merit the grand scale of project I have in Mind for a huge country like Nigeria.

The irony of the whole thing is that population is that is supposed to be out competitive advantage is not being used to any effect. Imagine if Federal Government concessions an east west rail line to private investors. In most infrastructural projects they even do not have to do much, just set up the framework for public/private partnership.

A high speed east-west rail link.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by ypzilanti: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2013
naptu2:

A high speed east-west rail link.

You read my mind. It's like rocket science for our leaders, so lets not get carried away... A simple modern railway would do.

But seriously, last time I read they were planning feasibility studies for the project. REALLY? Spend billions of feasibility study, when you can set up framework, invite bidders, and go to sleep. In fact, you can even retain like 10 percent of the shares of the project as legacy for Nigerians, and use the land as the only contribution of government. What is NOI really up to? It seems to me she is the only one with the brain cells to grasp these issues, and she was given a powerful portfolio.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by dridowu: 9:51am On Jan 08, 2013
Eko oni Baje oooooo
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Parddie: 9:53am On Jan 08, 2013
I hold the opinion that most people do not read nor get a hang of the issue before commenting on this forum. There is nothing absolutely wrong with this design and the rail tracks covered the whole of Lagos. I think most people still have their okada mentality, where they expect even a train to take them to their door step or they are still mistaking train coaches for cars, since they most likely haven't seen one before. For my over bloated ego V.I people, you will take the green line and change to the red line coaches at the terminus at marina for your final trip to your ldear and lovely warehouses called airports where you will board your life threatening flights in your ill maintained aircrafts. Tell me as planned as Abuja is, is there anything close to what this man is doing? This man is transforming one of the most densely populated and unplanned land mass in the world. This is the most difficult job for even the best urban town planner in the world, yet this is being done in a world class fashion and and as a model for even the developed world, give credit to what is right and to who ever deserves it. Tell me any government in Nigeria, including the federal government, that provides world class 21st century solution to a century old accumulated challenges like the Lagos state government. This guy solves problem the way it will be solved in newyork,moscow, Beijing, carlifornia or hong kong. This should be an educative and informative forum, where facts are discussed and not an avenue for emotional outburst or expression. Rest my case .

7 Likes

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by hischoice(m): 9:54am On Jan 08, 2013
Live at the venue of the ceremony.
Governor Fashola yet to arrive
CCECC workers (and their wives) rocking
Follow @daEngineerNet on Twitter for live updates
More pics are uploaded on http://go.engineer-ng.net/photo/album/show?id=6404812%3AAlbum%3A45270&xg_source=activity

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 08, 2013
ypzilanti:

You read my mind. It's like rocket science for our leaders, so lets not get carried away... A simple modern railway would do.

But seriously, last time I read they were planning feasibility studies for the project. REALLY? Spend billions of feasibility study, when you can set up framework, invite bidders, and go to sleep. In fact, you can even retain like 10 percent of the shares of the project as legacy for Nigerians, and use the land as the only contribution of government. What is NOI really up to? It seems to me she is the only one with the brain cells to grasp these issues, and she was given a powerful portfolio.
TRUE
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by naptu2: 9:57am On Jan 08, 2013
Wow! So some posters do not get the sarcasm in the earlier posts!
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Nobody: 9:58am On Jan 08, 2013
But I hate the fact that the chinese are taking over our economy and they are now flaunting their language in our faces or what is it with all those chinese words and red flowers and shi.t! angry
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Josh316(m): 10:04am On Jan 08, 2013
The idea of developing rapid transit in Lagos dates from the 1980s with the Lagos Metroline network conceived by the Alhaji Lateef Jakande during the Nigerian Second Republic.[4] The initial Metroline project was scrapped in 1985 by Muhammadu Buhari at a loss of over $78 million to the Lagos tax payers

And someone says he should be president He should have been beheaded a looooooong time ago!! Babangida was too kind to him angry

1 Like

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by hischoice(m): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2013
[Just wondering]

Which is the bigger project

11.3 km Third Mainland Bridge
OR
54 km Lagos-Badagry Expressway

Which opens more doors to economic activities?
Which would you face at the expense of the other were the story re-written?

Live updates via twitter: @daEngineerNet
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by taharqa: 10:20am On Jan 08, 2013
Asiwaju9ja: FGN never attempt this kind project. Fashola you be Babangida. Una no dey fear money.
lol...no govt in d history of Nigeria, except perhaps during colonial times, is doing as much work in d railways sector than d present FG. No govt, past or present, is even close; only d Abuja-kaduna standard railline mks dis one look like child's play, lol...... Anyways, we shldnt be unnecessary comparing. Fashola is doing very well in pursuing dis project, which am convincd will be completd (at least parts of it) in late 2014-2015; it wud be great for Lagos and Nigeria in general.....
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by cutievik: 10:20am On Jan 08, 2013
ba7man: I still can't see what fashola is doin in Lagos, the pictures are likely photoshoped. SMH for ACN propaganda. He should pay a visit to Delta state and see the great works the Governor is doin there.
people lyk u make me cry,you have chosen bronze ova gold,i pity ur mentality Big time!
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Ogojohn(m): 10:22am On Jan 08, 2013
I AM NOT SURE YOU HAVE BEEN TO LAGOS FOR MANY YEARS NOW. STOP EXPOSING YOUR IGNORANCE.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by ba7man(m): 10:23am On Jan 08, 2013
Walphem: I laugh in Spanish, how and why will you conclude that the project is Photoshop? I have my personal collections of pictures around the project.I move thru the axis almost daily and what I say is God should give him the grace to complete this enormous project.
Oga, cool down, I was making a mockery of a set of people with that post. Anyway, God has finlly smiled down on anyone that owns landed property or purchased land along that axis b'cos their values will skyrocket.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by taharqa: 10:26am On Jan 08, 2013
ypzilanti:

Piece of Advice: when you do not know what you are talking about, talk (or rather, write less).. Do you know what a Feasibility study entail? Which private investor wud put his money in a new railway project without an already prepard Feasibity study that wud aid his investment decisions?

1 Like

Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by aduje(m): 10:27am On Jan 08, 2013
ba7man: I still can't see what fashola is doin in Lagos, the pictures are likely photoshoped. SMH for ACN propaganda. He should pay a visit to Delta state and see the great works the Governor is doin there.
Sincerely speaking, the pix are not photoshopped. They are real. I was personally around the site. If you know lagos route, it is on mile 2 orile axis. it is clearly seen. Though it is a massive project. My fear is if Fashola is not governor come 2015, what is the guarantee that the next guvnor will complete the project especially if another party aside of ACN wins Lagos guber?
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Boyoorisha: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2013
Sarcastic!
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by hercules07: 10:27am On Jan 08, 2013
Nigerians are so bastardised that they can not get sarcasm, if Fashola can deliver on this, he would have done well, I hope that this will spur other state governments to do same.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by ba7man(m): 10:30am On Jan 08, 2013
cutievik: people lyk u make me cry,you have chosen bronze ova gold,i pity ur mentality Big time!
OMG!!!....Read between the lines!!! I'm not explaining myself anymore....if u don't get it, Sorry.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Parddie: 10:35am On Jan 08, 2013
Josh090: But I hate the fact that the chinese are taking over our economy and they are now flaunting their language in our faces or what is it with all those chinese words and red flowers and shi.t! angry
Even the American economy cannot survive without China
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by naptu2: 10:35am On Jan 08, 2013
Sarcasm = "A tongue of which the user speaks of something the complete opposite of what the user means".
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by otipoju(m): 10:44am On Jan 08, 2013
brother no be everything be photoshop joor. Am no longer a fashola fan but the post says construction of the rail line has just commenced. Everything you saw in those pictures are as they are.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by kaze4blues(m): 10:45am On Jan 08, 2013
Long live oduduwa republic.

Long live SW nigeria

Eko n tesiwaju, fashola n sise.

Je kan moooooooo.....

Let dem haterz know joor
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 08, 2013
It either people don't understand what sarcasm means or they just want to say something against ba7man initial sarcastic comment.
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by pheesayor(m): 10:56am On Jan 08, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
This kind news dey give all these internet mongrels sleepless night. Eko oni ba je cool

LMAO
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by blackmale1: 10:56am On Jan 08, 2013
impressive,hope its not the old standard gauge sha..
Re: Railtrack Construction Commencement Ceremony On The Lagos-b'dgry Expressway Pics by stupor(m): 11:02am On Jan 08, 2013

Your post is very lame and blinded.

You can't see Fashola's stride when you stay in remòte area of Ogwashi Uku bro !

Try visit Lagos for the first time and stop fussing on stories you read in Papers,Lagos is really beautiful.

Pls leave Ogwashi and come to Lagos for the first time!

JJC !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finidi George Endorses Sowore, Says 'the Gentleman Will Take Nigeria To The Futu / AEDC Gives Reason For Low Power Outage, Apologises To Customers / OBIdients Organize Free Tutorial Classes For Northern Women & Children (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.