Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 (39350 Views)

Cape Verde, DR Congo, Tunisia, Zambia - AFCON 2015 Group B / Ghana Vs Cape Verde - AFCON 2013 - (2 - 0) On 2nd February 2013 / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: My Player Rating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by semid4lyfe(m): 10:03am On Jan 08, 2013
The Super Eagles of Nigeria will take on the Tubarões Azuis of Cape Verde in an International Friendly on Wednesday, 9th January 2013 at the Algrave Stadium in Faro, Portugal.

Both sides are using this match to fine tune strategies for the AFCON 2013 which will hold later this month in South Africa.

This match coincides with the deadline that all participating teams are expected to submit their 23-Man final squad list for the biennial competition and as such both teams are expected to field their full strength teams tomorrow.

Cape Verde which is ranked 63rd and will be making it's AFCON debut this year booked its place by defeating Cameroun 3-2 (2-1, 1-1) on aggregate in the final qualifying round and it'll want to prove this was not a fluke as they take on Nigeria tomorrow.

Nigeria on the other hand is 10 places above Cape Verde in the FIFA rankings and despite missing out of the 2012 AFCON is still considered a power house in African football. Also, the 1-1 draw against a star-studded Catalonia team last Wednesday serves as a morale and confidence booster for the team and given that it'll be playing with it's full compliment of players this time, it'd be expected to be an easy win for the Super Eagles but in football upsets happen. . . .

Kick-off time is 8.55pm Nigerian Time and it'd be on SuperSport and probably AIT.

So what do you think. . . who takes the day? Nigeria, Cape Verde or perhaps they'll share the spoils? Drop your comments and predictions. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Olaolufred(m): 10:14am On Jan 08, 2013
They should do their best to play well.
Any of the sides can win.
what is more important is the competition proper.
I wish both country well.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Andrew3(m): 10:19am On Jan 08, 2013
Luck to the super vultures. grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by DJDOLA(m): 10:22am On Jan 08, 2013
Cape verde mtchhewwwh we go win them 5 1..but thank god sha second 2 c....o just dat I no they for all does rubish
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by EzePromoe: 10:22am On Jan 08, 2013
I wish the eagles good luck. Make dem no disappoint us for nations cup o.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by AceMC(m): 10:32am On Jan 08, 2013
This match would be the final test of d Eagle's CAPABILITY.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by hollypagan: 10:34am On Jan 08, 2013
Cape verde babes too fin oo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Ejovwoke(m): 10:37am On Jan 08, 2013
People,donot forget this cape verde team knock out cameroun.super eagle need to be careful.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by AVWENAGHA: 10:39am On Jan 08, 2013
How did i get here

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Sunnycliff(m): 10:46am On Jan 08, 2013
why we dey waste time with all this countries that has no name. Mtchew, givin the bunch of palm fruits a hot slap
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by RedLight1: 10:48am On Jan 08, 2013
Ace_MC: This match would be the final test of d Eagle's CAPABILITY.
i wish keshi will use same set of players he used against catalonia buh d with touch of moses and mikel playing offensively

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by EzePromoe: 10:51am On Jan 08, 2013
abbakacici: Cape verde. 4 - southern nigeria 1
You don start again smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 08, 2013
Looking forward to a good game.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Clemzy16(m): 11:03am On Jan 08, 2013
If cape verde win Naija, then super chickens own don finish be that.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Puntae: 11:06am On Jan 08, 2013
Wishing Team Eagles, victory...!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Remmyjex(m): 11:36am On Jan 08, 2013
I hope it goes injury free!
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by real2fix(m): 11:48am On Jan 08, 2013
weytin concern me wit dis yeye frndly....nations cup on my mind
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by DrKlever(m): 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2013
Dis match wont be easy sha but if Keshi makes the best team selection plus good tactics then super eagles will beat them 5-0. That is my prediction.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by ortopazz(m): 12:45pm On Jan 08, 2013
DrKlever: Dis match wont be easy sha but if Keshi makes the best team selection plus good tactics then super eagles will beat them 5-0. That is my prediction.

Easy my yansh, if those boiz go in there with the mindset that they fought and drew a wasteful Catalunya, then that wil be our gr8st undoing, buh if we go in there wiv the mindset that a statement needs to be made so that Cows like Thomas Malambo wont have anything to Use against Peter Idahside on Soka Afrika on thursday,then a big margin will nt be far 4rm us, lets put the right legs forward and believe u me, this match might just be one of those memorable matches wiv huge headlines.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by DrWhizy(m): 1:19pm On Jan 08, 2013
Red-Light:
i wish keshi will use same set of players he used against catalonia buh d with touch of moses and mikel playing offensively
u did'nt mean 2 sai dat, did u? shocked dat squad was crappy na save 4 d goalie, ejike uzoenyi and proli bright dike.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by RaindropGCFR(m): 2:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
i see d eagles wining dis 1, if my boyz Victor moses, Ahmed Musa & ike Uche plays 2 dere best. scoreline i dnt kno
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 08, 2013
ortopazz:

Easy my yansh, if those boiz go in there with the mindset that they fought and drew a wasteful Catalunya, then that wil be our gr8st undoing, buh if we go in there wiv the mindset that a statement needs to be made so that Cows like Thomas Malambo wont have anything to Use against Peter Idahside on Soka Afrika on thursday,then a big margin will nt be far 4rm us, lets put the right legs forward and believe u me, this match might just be one of those memorable matches wiv huge headlines.

This is just a friendly match,scoreline wont be the priority but to use it to make the final selection,players like uzoenyi etc who did poorly against venezuela and catalunya will have to work very hard,i see a lot of changes being made in the defence and midfield,some players who missed the last match either for fear of being disgraced will have no hiding place,cape verde play similar football to angola and portugal so i think its going to be a very interesting match.i,d rather they lost or draw than mess up in their AFCON matches,if all it takes to wake them up to reality is a bad result against cape verde,so be it...for all of you dismissing cape verde,you are all wrong,they might be relatively unknown but they have some very good and very hardworking players same as angola whom nigeria has never managed to defeat in a long time.
Nigeria can easily defeat this team,their victory over cameroun not withstanding but it cld go wrong if they play with too much caution or arrogance.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by vizboy(m): 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2013
Success all the way to super eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by SuyaEater(m): 5:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
Eagles should crush cape verde.....which kind insult be that....a small tiny island beating naija.....abeg i no won hear story.....a 5-0 whopping should be the goal.....this is the first time since 2000 that nigeria could lift the cup
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by mazinaija: 6:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
Red-Light:
abeg comot mikel.
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by SuyaEater(m): 7:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
mikel is the most useless and overrated player in eagles history....wearing number 10...give it to victor moses...
Re: Nigeria Vs Cape Verde Friendly (0 - 0) On Wednesday January-9-2013 by ortopazz(m): 8:12pm On Jan 08, 2013
gbosaa:

This is just a friendly match,scoreline wont be the priority but to use it to make the final selection,players like uzoenyi etc who did poorly against venezuela and catalunya will have to work very hard,i see a lot of changes being made in the defence and midfield,some players who missed the last match either for fear of being disgraced will have no hiding place,cape verde play similar football to angola and portugal so i think its going to be a very interesting match.i,d rather they lost or draw than mess up in their AFCON matches,if all it takes to wake them up to reality is a bad result against cape verde,so be it...for all of you dismissing cape verde,you are all wrong,they might be relatively unknown but they have some very good and very hardworking players same as angola whom nigeria has never managed to defeat in a long time.
Nigeria can easily defeat this team,their victory over cameroun not withstanding but it cld go wrong if they play with too much caution or arrogance.

gbaso gbasa gbaso gbaso, friendly or nt, u see am beginnin to think that u and I will be gud gud friends,...this nations kup begins that, buh to the bone of contention, who gives a f.uc.k whether itz a friendly game or nt, do u knw the mindset that the spaniards use in executing their matches, friendly or nt, they go in 4 the kill to them nothing matters buh humiliation, they want to make a statement, thats why panama wnt forget them in a long time, or ITALY,..did u see what they did to bob bradley'z U.S.A team, they humiliated them made them pass out, laughed a lil bit and abused the U.S.A'mites for daring to call them out,, buh believe u me, it twas a friendly.

Friendlies are for statements nt epiphanies, emphatic ones, ones that wil make gloathe and h8, then lick ur wounds, lets transfer that ginger to Cape Verde and Warn termites like Black arrows or stars, (how did they eva choose this names), that they have danced for too long on our cake, blow trumphets to lucky gambinos like the Zambians who have payed lots of attention to Emmanuel T.v and their sense of reasoning seems to be in the supernatural, lets remind spoilt kids like Cote d'ivoire, that they have their chance for 2 lng, and we are tired of spoiling them wiv gifts,.,, seriously I am, lets send a message, these dudes are dead serious,(missing OBAGOAL though) , I need a statement, 4ck choosing a team, Keshi is jus takin us around an expensive circus for no reason, we knew the inhabitants of that team long b4 hand, cape verde happens to the team, infrnt of a bright semester ahead of me, and broda my N5o....shudnt be 4 nothing, (looks bk and he his lyk, yes, shudnt be nufin..arggggh)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Napoli Fine Osimhen As Birthday Video Shows His ‘Recklessness’ / A Fan Throws Iwobi's Shirt Back At Him / Super Falcons Arrive Nigeria After Being Knocked Out Of FIFA Women's World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.