Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,535 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It (10737 Views)

Season Of Aku. Do You Eat It / Did You Ever Eat This And Still Eat It? (picture) / Weird Snake Cake....Can You Eat It? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by SeanT21(f): 10:15pm On Feb 25, 2008
Have you ever eaten a sushi or going to eat it.

I will never eat it!!That is raw fish, i cant eat no raw fish!!
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by chika98: 5:10am On Feb 26, 2008
All sushi isn't just raw fish! Some have grilled fish, fried shrimp, squid etc. I love sushi!!!
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by ikamefa(f): 5:18am On Feb 26, 2008
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

this topic reminds me of one dinner date in Manhattan like a year ago grin

ol ' boy wanted to impress and surprise me and he took me to eat sushi

ha! ha! disaster with a capital D

every chopstick morsel was hell oh!

had to beg him to take me home quick ,so i can make my normal eba and ogbono grin cheesy cheesy

since then every time i see or pass by a sushi or sashimi restaurant i cringe " grin "

Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 02, 2008
Never eaten it but I would like to taste it cheesy
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by cuteness01: 3:54am On Mar 03, 2008
a gal 4rm thailand brought sushi to one ladies' fellowship we had, i bet most of us ate it out of courtesy, i dont wanna eat it again
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by TheSly: 4:01am On Mar 03, 2008
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Gimme a place of it and u'll see what i ma do to it. . . cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by 4Him(m): 4:03am On Mar 03, 2008
that thing is horrible.
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:09am On Mar 03, 2008
tasted it once. . .went to a Chinese restaurant and tried one. . .didn't know what it was called, but that was the nastiest thing i ever tasted. it look somewhat like the pic i attached with this post

Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:14am On Mar 03, 2008
ehrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrm. . .sorry for the size, couldn't make it smaller embarassed
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:15am On Mar 03, 2008
So sushi's that bad?

If someone that eats boiled onions hates sushi, I definitely wouldn't like it. tongue
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:16am On Mar 03, 2008
stillwater:

If someone that eats boiled onions hates sushi, I definitely wouldn't like it. tongue
almost all Nigerians eat boiled onions. . .cooked w/ something else though. . .
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:19am On Mar 03, 2008
That statement was addressed to someone grin

Anyway that picture is like yucccccck!!!!! Are those pawpaw and watermelon seeds or egusi on the fish embarassed
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by 4Him(m): 4:20am On Mar 03, 2008
stillwater:

haha. yeah u definitely will not have the stomach for sushi.

thanks morenike, if u've ever eaten fried rice with onions or beans with onions or stew with onions then you definitely have eaten boiled onions at some point. When u eat boiled onions pls use the white one, it has a sweet taste.
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:22am On Mar 03, 2008
there are other colors of onions?. . .i've only seen them white through my lifetime undecided
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by jgirl3: 4:23am On Mar 03, 2008
Ewwwwww Sushi is gross - no offense to anyone. It's just really yucky - hard to bite and just ewwwwww
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:25am On Mar 03, 2008
j-girl:

Ewwwwww Sushi is gross - no offense to anyone. It's just really yucky - hard to bite and just ewwwwww
lol. . . it's more than ewwwwwwww. . .it upsets one's stomach
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by TheSly: 4:25am On Mar 03, 2008
One man's food is another Man's poison cool

Sushi for moi anytime anyday. . . . . . y'all can go and eat kokoyam and orunla or anamo and asaro for all i care!! cool
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by jgirl3: 4:26am On Mar 03, 2008
@ morenike, Not only the stomach, for one day I couldn't taste anything properly again. I don't know how people eat that on a daily basis.

@ Sly - you have heart
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 03, 2008
®~^Sly^~®:

. . . . . . y'all can go and eat kokoyam and orunla or anamo and asaro for all i care!! cool

lol. . .i'll stick with my naija food. . .i wnt wanna kill my stomach and occasionally have chronic diarrhea just b/c i wanna feel Chinese/ Japanese like. . . ewwwwwwwwwww, like that is so nasty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by 4Him(m): 4:29am On Mar 03, 2008
morenike09:

there are other colors of onions?. . .i've only seen them white through my lifetime undecided

when next u go to the store watch for the diff onions. Some are plain white, some are deep purple and some look slightly reddish. The deep purples are the ones that sting ur eyes the hardest and the whites are the mildest. That's the one u steam for salads.

. . and for sushi haters . . . you can try eating small strips of mackerel raw. Its actually sweet.  grin
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by TheSly: 4:30am On Mar 03, 2008

@ Sly - you have heart

U don't know what u r missin. . . seriously! cool

lol. . .i'll stick with my naija food. . .i wnt want to kill my stomach and occasionally have chronic diarrhea just b/c i want to feel Chinese/ Japanese like. . . ewwwwwwwwwww, like that is so nasty lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

And u too. . . .U r missin' out big time. . . . cool
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:31am On Mar 03, 2008
Mackerel raw??
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:35am On Mar 03, 2008
ohh yea, purple onions. . .i dnt consider them onions. . .more like lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by 4Him(m): 4:39am On Mar 03, 2008
stillwater:

Mackerel raw??

yup. fresh mackerel . . . if you press the slice between ur thumb and finger the slices slip out easily and u can eat them.
U'd be surprised how good raw mackerel tastes.
Raw fresh fish isnt so good and tilapia fresh is just urgh!
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Nobody: 4:46am On Mar 03, 2008
I have a very bad tongue, new foods never taste good in my mouth angry.
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by iice(f): 3:15pm On Mar 03, 2008
Twinny grin grin grin

@Topic. . .yeah i've tasted it (a friend of mine is big on Japanese foods, we tend to end up in one of them restaurants) I like makis but can't eat sashimis
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Scarlett(f): 3:27pm On Mar 03, 2008
I cannot eat Sushi, im Nigerian-German, we love our MEat!!!lol
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by amebo22: 10:19pm On Apr 30, 2009
@ post,
sushi is not just any raw fish it is FARMED fish, , I tried it once when my colleague told me to taste, guess wat it was good i was standing close to the bin , it went straight in there i just could not swallow it.
When i hang out with some Nija chicks it baffles me the courage all in the name of show off to the guys, that they know how to eat sushi .one thing for sure if sushi was from Nigera i wonder if they will still eat it with pride. lol,
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by Badriyyah(f): 11:30pm On Apr 30, 2009
I love sushi!!! ^_^.
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by mohawkchic(f): 4:49am On May 01, 2009
~I'm going w/ [i]Never Say Never [/i]on this one! I'll pass for now. . .I cant seem to get the thought of The smell of Raw fish out of my mind,even tho am aware only a handful of Sushi is actually Raw Fish but i find the thought just as much off putting! I suppose the fact Sushi does look like its raw doesnt help either!

~I've been tempted to try Japanese Sushi-Rice, but am still undecided does look Yum!

I wonder how many Men will be willing to give it a go On the Nude Body Sushi . .ie Sushi served on a Naked woman! Any takers ? cheesy

Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by jaybee3(m): 4:54am On May 01, 2009
I wonder how many Men will be willing to give it a go On the Nude Body Sushi . .ie Sushi served on a Naked woman! Any takers ? cheesy [/font][/size][/color]
[quote][/quote]

location and time pls.

Sushi ain't that bad actually. do u like salmon?
Re: Sushi: Would You Ever Eat It by mohawkchic(f): 4:58am On May 01, 2009

Types Of Sushi

Sashimi: Sliced fish attractivly served. Raw, cooked or pickled fish cut into 3-5 pieces. Usually presented on top of a few leaves of shiso and grated daikon with wasabi and ginger on the side.

Nigiri: Pieces of fish on top of two balls of sushi rice, sometimes a slice of roasted Nori (seaweed) is put on to bind the fish to the rice and to add flavor and eye appeal. One order is 2 pieces.

Gunkan Nigiri: There is another form of Nigiri called Gunkan Nigiri. Gunkan means boat and this sushi gets the name from the way the main ingredient is held in place on top of the sushi rice. It is in a boat shape. The three main types of sushi served as Gunkan Nigiri are Tobiko, Ikura (pictured), and Uni. One order is 2 pieces.

Hosomaki: Thin rolled sushi with very little rice. The Nori (Roasted seaweed) is rolled on the outside of the roll. One order of hosomaki is usually 6 pieces.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Japanese Chef Killed Over Poorly Prepared Noodles / How To Keep Grounded Ogbono Seeds / Designer Stew - Alade Market style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.