Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,822,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! (5592 Views)

I Do Not Work In A Cybercafe, Naijainfogalery Lied Against Me / Stay In This Bathroom For A Day And Get 75 Million Dollars us. Yay Or Nah? / Its My Birthday. Yay!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by doksng(m): 7:06am On Jul 04, 2006
Batteries have a lifespan of 5years or more. They are rated in the number of cycles of charge and recharge they can undergo like 3000+ cycles.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Afam(m): 11:28am On Jul 09, 2006
Danielorde,

Sorry about the late response.

To be frank no one knows for sure how long a battery will last irrespective of what the manufacturer claims or what the seller tells you because there are a lot of dynamics that determine the reliability.

Most importers approach battery manufacturers and ask them to reduce the quality so as to maximise profit just like the issue of substandard drugs.

Currently, the prices of acid (electrolyte) and batteries have gone up because Standards Organisation of Nigeria had to step in to checkmate the menace as the country is flooded with a lot of substandard batteries.

Now, I have decided to get batteries with 3 years full warranty on maintenance free batteries from a reputable battery manufacturer in the US and believe me the price is a bit high but again reliable products don't come cheap.

Many people will pay for backup solutions if they are sure the system will work because a lot of people have had terrible experiences with inverters especially imported ones.

We do not sell imported inverters, infact we do not maintain an inventory, we build according to order (say 5 days from the day of payment).

Doksng,

In reality, all the promises are simply promises because when these batteries fail it usually does not make economic sense to even pursue the warranty claims considering the disctance and considering the fact that you may even be the 3rd or 4th person in the supply chain.

Put differently, unless you know the source of the batteries and have negotiated for a particular quality, all the promises remain promises.

Have you wondered why the battery sellers won't give you more than 3 months warranty? Why would a battery seller not be able to offer atleast 2 years no story warranty if he was sure the batteries would last 5 years?
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by eradulo: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2006
Afam, hello i had to register to get in2 this forum, u have been very helpful n truthful. this is y i will like to call u or get contact info on where to buy these converters. is yur site the justwebservice.com? 08023360505, 7608265 pls call me
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by Afam(m): 7:02pm On Sep 07, 2006
Eradulo,

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Yes that is my site, will sure get in touch.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by abbey02(f): 4:31pm On Sep 15, 2006
congratulations.my cafe also use inverter
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by kengasket(m): 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2007
i have been running an independant study and research for over seven years now on power inverter or converter as some people like to call it and also other related issues. now for my little contribution.

do you know that constantly running a battery below 50% of its maximum output voltage would cause the battery to degrade rapidly in a short period of time? infact the efficiency would drop by 50% after just 50 drain and charge circles.

do you know that forcing the battery to constantly supply up to 50% of its maximum rated output current for extended long periods of time would degrade the electrodes and ultimately affect battery performance?

do you know that battery charging is not as simple as people are lead to beileve?

do you know that unregulated high power charging destroys the battery?
infact charging battery with 50% of rated max output current would destroy the battery.

do you know that while charging, batteries are so inefficient that some of the energy are expended as heat?

due to the slow chemical reaction taking place inside the battery fast charging is impossible without destroying the battery.

it is recommended that for high efficiency and longigivity, the battery should be operated at the 10%-20% region.

do you know that power inverters efficiency decreases with increased power, which is inversely proportional to electric generators that have increased efficiency with power.

for more technical info send me a line at esolutions81@yahoo.com
cheers.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by kengasket(m): 6:32pm On Nov 09, 2007
i standard 200AHr SAL cells connected to a 1000VA power inverter with a 50% charge discharge circle, can stay up to 2 to 3 years before requiring replcament, however some batteries in the market are not reliable, so make sure you buy from a good dealer.
Cheers. for more technical information e-mail esolutions81@yahoo.com
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by niyyie(m): 7:05am On Nov 27, 2007
Shouldn't we be seriously considering building inverters in Nigeria and solar-charged ones at that? This should lower the cost of acquiring these invaluable devices - until our power problem is solved permanently.
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by maverick46: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2008
hi there,

i am a filipino and i was looking for someone who have installed a power inverter to thier internet cafe, and finally for a long time and then i found this forum, i ahve 16 PC's and i am considering of installing an inverter, what size of inverter should i get to have enough power for my shop

thanks in advance for your replies
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by speedy4u(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2009
Afam.
pls what do you recommend for a cyber cafe with fifteen 17 inch flat screen computer systems, wiith one laser jet printer, a modem, 3 routers, one ceiling fan, & 2 fluorescent bulbs and a 14 inch tv? I would want the inverter to serve at least, between 24 - 48 hrs after NEPA failure. And how much would it cost. i live in kano, how do you work out the delivery and installation. i think i'm impressed with your product and support on your website. thanks. cheesy
Re: Yay! My Cybercafe Got An Inverter! by lastpage: 5:17am On Jul 25, 2009
I have been using an inverter since 2001. I bought it from a company along Apapa-Oshodi express road (cant remember the name now) just after that Ibru warehouse but on the other side of the road, going to Mile 2.
Cost me 55k then, Could carry most house electronics (not fridge or iron).
The major item of concern will be your battery, and hey will cost you the most.
I use two batteries, 2000Amps cold cranking, OPTIMA dry cell batteries. Imported, 12V and each cost 38grand! I can tell you these batteries are wonderful, extremely good.

Like people have said, if "NEPA" is not regular, inverter solutions are not very efficient.

On the other hand, l am currently working on "flexible solar panels" for house roofing, to cut out the "NEPA" angle. Still needs lots of dry cell batteries which am considering importing direct from U.S.

I feel, in the long run, SOLAR will pay for itself, its more reliable and the technology is getting better and more efficient, but you need a very huge upfront investment, to get real benefit out of it.

Goodluck.

Lastpage

BTW: Nothing like "NEPA" power,, Govt should just get their acts together fast.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Daily Birthday Wishes - Simdam500 / List Your Whatsapp Group Here Let The World Join. / Pastor W.f. Kumuyi To Preach At R.c.c.g

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.