Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,776 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta (8095 Views)

Graphic Photo Of Sunday Terror Killed At Ebute-metta Lagos Yesterday / See 9 States Buhari's Anti-corruption Battle Is Raging / Images From Makoko Waterfront Before Demolition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by coolrose(m): 7:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
I dont really know exactly which section to place this news. But there is a fire raging around Makoko in Ebute-meta area visible from 3rd mainland bridge. Fire is consuming those houses made of planks on the water. I hope the fire services can do something to safe lives and properties of those poor people.

Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Decapo: 8:03pm On Jan 08, 2013
Ah! God save us o.....
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by norrisman: 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
Banana Island 2

1 Like

Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jan 08, 2013
self-acclaimed giant of africa, do we even have a single helicopter fire fighter to start with.
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by ocheejemb: 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
991: self-acclaimed giant of africa, do we even have a single helicopter fire fighter to start with.

Not only helicopter fire-fighter, Optimus Prime and Voltron

4 Likes

Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
Nigeria is really on fire. With the level of corruption, e be like say Nija don de near hell fire
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by kpolli(m): 8:10pm On Jan 08, 2013
Another Tejuosho drama lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed ...
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by bigfat: 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2013
[center][size=25pt]PLEASE MODERATORS IT IS NOT MAKOKO, IT IS MARKET STREET BY BOLA street (east )EBUTE METTA [/size][/center]

1 Like

Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Bsmartt(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
i pray the fire should not take any life....ameen
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by dapyd1(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2013
Let's hope d firemen get there on time b4 it escalates....at least I think lagos has an helicopter.....
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by kenraj(m): 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2013
Haba! Dont be ridiculous. Do you mean to say that its all a set up?
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by dridowu: 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
So makoko is on fire, i saw d heavy fire frm idumota bridge, i tot it was a car burning on 3MB
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Jeetkool(m): 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2013
God help us 4 this Nija
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by pharmow: 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
coolrose: I dont really know exactly which section to place this news. But there is a fire raging around Makoko in Ebute-meta area visible from 3rd mainland bridge. Fire is consuming those houses made of planks on the water. I hope the fire services can do something to safe lives and properties of those poor people.

Shey the planks are on water and water is in abundance there, what is the fire service going to bring when they get there? is it not the same water? people should get off their behind and find a way of quenching the fire instead of waiting for fire service that wont get there in another 2 years
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by sunnyp1(m): 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2013
Na wa oooo
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Scarpon(m): 8:18pm On Jan 08, 2013
pls what's the Nigeria emergency number any one ??
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by playahP(m): 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2013
This was engineered by lagos state task force aka fashola boiz in order to drive the "illegal occupants" out... No one wld tell u dat!

1 Like

Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by coolrose(m): 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2013
...AND AT LAST WE MADE THE FRONT PAGE? EVEN THOUGH NOT ON A HAPPY NOTE.
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
Is this one of the signs of Endtimes
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Oahray: 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2013
Huge wildfire in Australia... now this in Lagos.
Hmmm...

Hope we have active firefighters like them o, or na bucket things? lipsrsealed
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2013
coolrose: ...AND AT LAST WE MADE THE FRONT PAGE? EVEN THOUGH NOT ON A HAPPY NOTE.

Chai, lord have messi.
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by gluv01(f): 8:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
Scarpon: pls what's the Nigeria emergency number any one ??
even if you get it, is it in naija that you will get fire fighters with good equipments?
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by GAR3TH(m): 8:30pm On Jan 08, 2013
And What do you expect the fire fighters to do, drive on water? As sad as it may be that is what happens when you decided to build homes were ever you like without conforming to building codes or regulations. I have a feeling this fire will spread considering the highly dense wood homes built there and no real access for fire fighters to put out the flame.
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2013
okpara ugo:

Chai, lord have messi.
If The Lord decides to ans ur prayer to have Messi, who den would win the 5th Ballon D Or angry

2 Likes

Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2013
okpara ugo:

Chai, lord have messi.
If The Lord decides to ans ur prayer to have Messi, who den would win the 5th Ballon D'Or angry
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by metro10: 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2013
Na wao ooo. This morning, it was a bus on the brigde before apogbon...make this fire just stop o.
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Krucifax(m): 9:34pm On Jan 08, 2013
There is not a lot the Fire Services can do because it's beyond them. The reason is because it's virtually impossible for any vehicle to negotiate many parts of that section of Ebute-Meta. Secondly most of the houses are built without planning and with wood,so access is a logistical nightmare.

I don't know if the Lagos govt has access to water spraying planes the type they use in Australian and Californian bush fires. Failing all else it's in God's hand(which is prolly where it's been all along)! Sad tho some people's life possesions are going to disappear in the flames! undecided
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by bestower: 9:47pm On Jan 08, 2013
okpara ugo:

Chai, lord have messi.
Amen so that another player can win baloon d or.
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Jaideyone(m): 9:50pm On Jan 08, 2013
playah P: This was engineered by lagos state task force aka fashola boiz in order to drive the "illegal occupants" out... No one wld tell u dat!
nitwit proove what u just said or keep your theory to urself. Mtchew
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by Krucifax(m): 9:55pm On Jan 08, 2013
Jaidey-one:
nitwit proove what u just said or keep your theory to urself. Mtchew

Funny he said that,the conspiracy theory part of my brain pondered if it was started intentionally. You know the govt has been fighting to move them out for decades now. But i'd like to think the Lagos govt is not that diabolic!
Re: Fire Raging At Makoko Ebute-Meta by djustice: 11:07pm On Jan 08, 2013
Just like they did at Tejuosho market. Haba!!!

Fashola, Tinubu and Segun Oniru must pay for this one day! Evil people. Just because they want that land. Na wa for this Tinubu gang o! O God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, please save us from these slavemasters. Give us our freedom from them O Lord, in the name of Jesus.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking: IGP In A Shouting Match With Reps Over Siege On NASS / Throwback: There Are Igbos In SS - Buhari / Enyimba Industrial City: Abia Seeks Presidential Approval

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.