Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,185 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? (21192 Views)

Rate This Little Boy's Dreams And Aspiration (photo) / This Roadside Barber Dreams Of Becoming A Marine Technology Graduate / Common Habits That Prevents You From Accomplishing Your Dreams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JoeCutie(m): 7:51pm On Mar 17, 2016
Ebayray:

Lolz, I'm, I understand now...

I talk childishly, don't mind me jare!
Childishly? Hell no! If you didn't tell me, I may have not even guessed correctly how old you are. And you look bigger than your age suggests. Do UNIBEN boys know that? cheesy
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Mar 18, 2016
JoeCutie:
Childishly? Hell no! If you didn't tell me, I may have not even guessed correctly how old you are. And you look bigger than your age suggests. Do UNIBEN boys know that? cheesy

Lol, some know, but think am lying to avoid them from dating me.. Only those who are close to me know
cheesy
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JoeCutie(m): 6:13pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ebayray:

Lol, some know, but think am lying to avoid them from dating me.. Only those who are close to me know
cheesy
UNIBEN boys! I miss the game sha. grin
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2016
JoeCutie:
UNIBEN boys! I miss the game sha. grin

Lol, really!!!

grin cheesy cheesy.

Some of dem are quite annoying with deir approach
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JoeCutie(m): 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ebayray:

Lol, really!!!

grin cheesy cheesy.

Girls are more annoying with their forming. undecided
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by MrWhaley: 11:07pm On Mar 18, 2016
Ebayray:

Lol, really!!!

grin cheesy cheesy.

Yeah...dudes like me,shey? smiley
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JhyMedex: 12:29am On Mar 21, 2016
[quote author=missyQween post=43846258][/quote]grin U chose 70.. Seems particular, any reasons I shld knw of... wink
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Mar 21, 2016
JoeCutie:
Girls are more annoying with their forming. undecided

lol,yeah...true, bt am nt in dat category sha.......
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 21, 2016
MrWhaley:
Yeah...dudes like me,shey? smiley
shocked shocked shocked.i nr talk oooo lipsrsealed
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 21, 2016
TeenaMay pls check ur email, its been replied.....smiley
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JoeCutie(m): 8:32pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ebayray:

lol,yeah...true, bt am nt in dat category sha.......
If I hear! Okay, I'll try you out myself. cheesy wink tongue
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 21, 2016
JoeCutie:
If I hear! Okay, I'll try you out myself. cheesy wink tongue

lol, am serious o. No p tho.
cheesy cheesy
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JoeCutie(m): 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2016
Ebayray:

lol, am serious o. No p tho.
cheesy cheesy
And make sure you're ready. wink
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 21, 2016
JoeCutie:
And make sure you're ready. wink

yes sire!! wink
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by MrWhaley: 12:14am On Mar 22, 2016
Ebayray:

shocked shocked shocked.i nr talk oooo lipsrsealed
Will you ever agree that you talked??
Yeye Geh. undecided
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Tinyemeka(m): 2:19am On Mar 22, 2016
Didn't have anything in mind until late secondary school when I decided to be a medical doctor. Couldn't get the admission immediately and when I missed an opportunity (after roasting my brain and scoring 277 in JAMB), i dumped that career path (thank God for that).

Upon graduation, I had this dream of seeing myself getting ready for work early in the morning, lights everywhere (standby gen), everything moving smoothly. At this point post-BSc, I still wasn't sure of what I wanted as a career but it definitely wasn't what I studied in school.

Fast-forward to now, after several years of retail banking I've come to the conclusion that I wasted some portion of my time (Father forgive me), or maybe I didn't act fast enough. My target (working on it) is to switch to investment banking and subsequently go on to start my own hedge fund, though I fear time is running fast against me. I still know it's possible. Same way I achieved my initial dream. So help me God.

Shey una say make we talk our mind.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Tinyemeka(m): 2:31am On Mar 22, 2016
Thavybe:
i once dreamt of becoming a footballer, few years later it changed, then i started craving for music. It got to a point, i decided i wasn't going to pursue the latter anymore and decided i'ld rather focus on becoming an artist (Sketches, drawings, paintings, etc). A more matured me started loving finance, so i changed from pursuing a career in artistry to studying accounting After my university, i came to realise art is my thing so i learnt photography.

I have this feeling i'll crave for something else after photography.
Finance is sweet and relatable. Accounting is boring. I'm sure you'd have stuck around if you'd done Finance.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 22, 2016
MrWhaley:
Will you ever agree that you talked?? Yeye Geh. undecided
Lmao...cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Naughty boy wink
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 8:12am On Mar 22, 2016
Tinyemeka:

Finance is sweet and relatable. Accounting is boring. I'm sure you'd have stuck around if you'd done Finance.
Yeah, although accounting is not entirely boring. i will certainly delve into finance at somepoint. Oh, What is retail banking all about?
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Tinyemeka(m): 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2016
Thavybe:
Yeah, although accounting is not entirely boring. i will certainly delve into finance at somepoint. Oh, What is retail banking all about?

The normal banking you know at Branch level. Provision of banking services to individuals, small businesses as against corporates and large organizations.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 22, 2016
Tinyemeka:

The normal banking you know at Branch level. Provision of banking services to individuals, small businesses as against corporates and large organizations.
Oh, i totally get it. Thanks
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by missyQween(f): 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
JhyMedex:
grin U chose 70.. Seems particular, any reasons I shld knw of... wink
Lol....just a thought
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by Wallie(m): 6:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
Career 1: Electrical engineering - my first love! Started out as an electrical engineer and rose through the ranks but I got bored when technical solutions became somewhat repetitive.

Career 2: Law - I enrolled in law school and graduated to practice the type of law that allowed me to use my technical knowledge. I practice law in a firm but I'm getting bored again.

Next career: Entrepreneurship. Still working on it while I practice. Everything I do will rely on knowledge from my past careers, especially, electrical engineering.

I've been lucky enough to have two very successful careers by any measure. Carreers that people will die for. Unfortunately, I have this insatiable drive that keeps a fire burning inside me to play my hand to the fullest. I pray and hope that if and when I fully cross over into my 3rd career, I become more successful than both past careers combined!

So I not only have childhood dreams, I still have dreams as an adult.
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JhyMedex: 11:58am On Apr 03, 2016
missyQween:

Lol....just a thought
grin shld b enjoying d rest of lyf wit d luv of my life wink... Vacations, tourism dt sort of thang...
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by missyQween(f): 12:14pm On Apr 07, 2016
[quote author=JhyMedex post=44365031] grin shld b enjoying d rest of lyf wit d luv of my life wink... Vacations, tourism dt sort of thang... [/quote

Enjoyment.... Don't forget me o
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JhyMedex: 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2016
[quote author=missyQween post=44486638][/quote]grin Nw y wld I do dt... She cld b U.. Who knows wink
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by missyQween(f): 1:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
[quote author=JhyMedex post=44499759]grin Nw y wld I do dt... She cld b U.. Who knows wink [/quote

Now my head is swelling up with pride....
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JhyMedex: 9:38pm On Apr 08, 2016
[quote author=missyQween post=44519858][/quote] Hahaha... Nt 2 much o... I'll need d head 2 Stay biutiful... grin BTW I like ur signature...
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by missyQween(f): 7:56am On Apr 09, 2016
[quote author=JhyMedex post=44533223] Hahaha... Nt 2 much o... I'll need d head 2 Stay biutiful... grin BTW I like ur signature... [/quote
lol...Okay... I will keep it beautiful then. And thanks for liking the signature
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by duduade: 5:30pm On Apr 09, 2016
xdos:
I have always wanted to be an Engineer. Infact when I was still a kid, I got injured while trying to fix a bike spoke. Today.. I'm living the dream. By His Grace, I am a Controls Engineer, playing with the brains of very large Gas turbines round the World!

Dreams....

Issoalrite
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by duduade: 5:37pm On Apr 09, 2016
I wanted to be a Medical Doctor.... That didn't materialize due to Jamb... Since 2004

So I moved on to wanting to be an Assassin... Still haven't achieved it....
Re: What Were Your Childhood Dreams And Have You Lived Up To Them? by JhyMedex: 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
[quote author=missyQween post=44540659][/quote] Hahaha... Yea pls... N permission 2 steal ur 4ma signature... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Institute Of Public Analysts Of Nigeria (IPAN); Let's Meet Here / Top 10 Litigation Law Firms In Nigeria 2017 - Law Repository / M.sc In Biochemistry Or B.sc In Nursing, Which Should I Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.