Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories (18687 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Ex Muslims Share Your Conversion Stories Here. / Atheist Agenda For 2013. All Atheists Please Comment! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by AtheistD(m): 10:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
frosbel:

Interesting.

Keep these stories coming, at a certain point we will start to address these points carefully , meticulously and patiently, in fact we might be talking about this intermittently till mid-2013.

It is important that we address the root cause of this trend of events.

There is no root cause. Ppl become atheists for different reasons however we all accept that God does not exist. There is nowhere to go from there.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 11, 2013
Atheist:-D:

There is no root cause. Ppl become atheists for different reasons however we all accept that Gof does not exist. There is nowhere to go from there.

Like I said earlier, I am not here to rub my religion or belief in anybody's face , it's a free world after all.

Let us just discuss and maybe some of us can learn.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by AtheistD(m): 10:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
frosbel:

Like I said earlier, I am not here to rub my religion or belief in anybody's face , it's a free world after all.

Let us just discuss and maybe some of us can learn.

Sure. More stories coming up.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by mkmyers45(m): 11:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
frosbel:

Interesting.

Keep these stories coming, at a certain point we will start to address these points carefully , meticulously and patiently, in fact we might be talking about this intermittently till mid-2013.

It is important that we address the root cause of this trend of events.

frosbel bossing em atheists grin grin grin grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2013
mkmyers45:

not my intention if it sounded that way smiley
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 4:04am On Jan 12, 2013
Earlier, I called you a HYPOCRITE, LIAR. Let's add REETARD to that list.

Image123:
Woahhh, gentleman atheist abi na agnostic. Seems i have a way of messing up your whole being. Wetin i carry, wetin you throw?

You usually have nothing to say, till MUSKEETO comments... I should be asking you the same questions. Evidence abounds on NL. Probably my atheism burdens you. Don't blame yourself.

analysis: CONFIRMED STALKER

Image123:
You said "I don't blame anyone. I've taken full responsibilities of my actions. Whatever will be, will be. I'll desist from abusing or mocking you ". This you did not do in your story, you tried blaming God and others.You said

What exactly is this to imply or impress in readers if not blame?

If you knew how to read TITLES, you'd see PRE-CONVERSION clearly written at the top of the section you've deliberately quoted out of context. Wtf does PRE-CONVERSION mean to you?

analysis: CONFIRMED REETARD

Image123:
And He didn't show up, right? If He had, you won't be an unbeliever? Who is to blame? Your unbeliever friends will say God, as that is the message you passed whether you know it or not.
Jer 29:13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Wow, you read stories just the way you read the BIBLE: cherry picking to confirm a bias you already have in your mind. Smh....

analysis: CONFIRMED LIAR

Image123:
Hypocrisy of others is not an excuse for drawing back. there is hypocrisy everywhere. Jesus Christ lived with hypocrites for 33 years, He still pleased God. He was meant to be the One you followed and looked to, not to men.
Up to this point, your obvious BIAS (Being Idiotic and Stupid) didn't let you notice that the quoted was from events leading up to my conversion. Did you even go through the story? Did you read this part?

musKeeto:
There were Christians who lived what they preached and there were those who well... let's skip that part. I could ignore them now though. My salvation wasn't hinged on their lifestyle but Christ the Solid Rock.
or your mustard seed brain just decided to skip that?
analysis: CONFIRMED HYPOCRITE

Image123:
Here is the thing again. You agree that there is nothing wrong with the Bible, or at least from other parts of your posts, with the new testament. But you changed not because of the Bible but because nigerians had let you down.

analysis: NO NEED FOR ANALYSIS. PATIENT CLEARLY HAS A STRONG BIAS COUPLED WITH A LACK OF BASIC COMPREHENSION SKILLS

Image123:
You didn't get the thing, so God is to blame, not you. What of others who got it, or claimed to get it?
It's all in the MIND. Our mind's very powerful, our thoughts are as real as we want them to be. kiss

Feel free to keep trolling... This should serve as testimony to your apparent desire to be noticed on NL.

HINT: Try trolling logicboy, You may get the recognition you desire.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 4:23am On Jan 12, 2013
musKeeto:

f4ck do you mean by that?
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 4:33am On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

f4ck do you mean by that?
Lol. If he trolls the King of this section, he may get the 'Anony' recognition he desires... grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 4:38am On Jan 12, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol. If he trolls the King of this section, he may get the 'Anony' recognition he desires... grin

Nope. Anony doesnt troll, he make dubious arguments.

Enigma is a confirmed reetard like his christard brother, Frosbel.

Joagbaje is more sane than both of them. Joagbaje is only a thief.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 4:43am On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

shocked lipsrsealed grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Enigma(m): 4:55am On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

As long as you will also say your father is a confirmed reetard. smiley
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 12, 2013
Atheist:-D:

There is no root cause. Ppl become atheists for different reasons however we all accept that God does not exist. There is nowhere to go from there.
Lol, abi make we start to dey check for root cause of theism?
smh, like say atheism na disease grin
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 5:05am On Jan 12, 2013
Enigma:

As long as you will also say your father is a confirmed reetard. smiley

What happened to "turn the other cheek"?

After, this reetard would claim that he is christ like from the new testament.

lolol
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Enigma(m): 5:07am On Jan 12, 2013
^^ Once again, as long as you will call your father a reetard . . . smiley
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 12, 2013
godman01: What most of you don't understand is that Christianity is not a Religion. But what you have been exposed to is religion which puts you in bondage. Christians came from the word Christ-like, so Christians are those who simply follow Christ's footsteps. Chikena!

fellis: Wow.
This just happened to show up on my followers list and it captured my attention.
I had wanted to ask you what led to your convertion before the YM correspondence thing died.
cry cry cry cry cry

You were never a Muslim.........just a follower of rules....... cry cry cry cry cry

Christians believe Muslims are wrong. Muslims believe Christians are wrong. Atheists believe they are both right
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 5:10am On Jan 12, 2013
Enigma: ^^ Once again, as long as you will call your father a reetard . . . smiley

lol....thanks for showing me christian love.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cyrexx: 5:32am On Jan 12, 2013
musKeeto:

Christians believe Muslims are wrong. Muslims believe Christians are wrong. Atheists believe they are both right

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by cyrexx: 5:56am On Jan 12, 2013
mkmyers45:

no.

Its more like frosbel giving a platform where atheists can be really understood and some misconceptions about them dispelled.

smiley
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Odunnu: 6:08am On Jan 12, 2013
honeychild: @musKeeto
why you stop na? This story is just too interesting....pls continue pls pls pretty pls..
Pretty ke? angry angry
if na play, stop am. We have the romance section this way please ------>>>

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Odunnu: 6:25am On Jan 12, 2013
cold: First,a devout Christian. Then a sceptic & then agnostic....now a full blown atheist,i think. Will post my story later
Even you?! shocked
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Ishilove: 8:54am On Jan 12, 2013
musKeeto: Earlier, I called you a HYPOCRITE, LIAR. Let's add REETARD to that list.

You usually have nothing to say, till MUSKEETO comments... I should be asking you the same questions. Evidence abounds on NL. Probably my atheism burdens you. Don't blame yourself.

analysis: CONFIRMED STALKER

If you knew how to read TITLES, you'd see PRE-CONVERSION clearly written at the top of the section you've deliberately quoted out of context. Wtf does PRE-CONVERSION mean to you?

analysis: CONFIRMED REETARD

Wow, you read stories just the way you read the BIBLE: cherry picking to confirm a bias you already have in your mind. Smh....

analysis: CONFIRMED LIAR

Up to this point, your obvious BIAS (Being Idiotic and Stupid) didn't let you notice that the quoted was from events leading up to my conversion. Did you even go through the story? Did you read this part?

or your mustard seed brain just decided to skip that?
analysis: CONFIRMED HYPOCRITE

analysis: NO NEED FOR ANALYSIS. PATIENT CLEARLY HAS A STRONG BIAS COUPLED WITH A LACK OF BASIC COMPREHENSION SKILLS

It's all in the MIND. Our mind's very powerful, our thoughts are as real as we want them to be. kiss

Feel free to keep trolling... This should serve as testimony to your apparent desire to be noticed on NL.

O my. . . shocked
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Ishilove: 8:54am On Jan 12, 2013
Logicboy03:

shocked shocked
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Ishilove: 9:09am On Jan 12, 2013
Enigma: ^^ Once again, as long as you will call your father a reetard . . . smiley
Good heavens. . . shocked
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Ishilove: 9:15am On Jan 12, 2013
Gentlemen, please let us endeavour to be civil. This thread is not the place for invectives.

Logicboy, BEHAVE!!! angry

Muskeeto, buzz off and come back when you learn to be civil!! angry

Enigma, egbon, jo, ma binu. He is young and impressionable. grin

Jokes aside, please this thread has been interesting thus, please let us endeavour not to derail it. Someone can open a separate thread where you guys can duke it out and cuss each other to your heart's delighted content, but for the sake of this thread, BE CIVIL.

angry angry
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 9:20am On Jan 12, 2013
Okay.. cheesy
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Enigma(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2013
Ishilove: . . .
Enigma, egbon, jo, ma binu. He is young and impressionable. grin . . .

He had been warned severally* several times. smiley

* I reaaaaaaaly detest the use of that word in Nigerian English. sad
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Ishilove: 9:32am On Jan 12, 2013
Enigma:

He had been warned severally* several times. smiley

* I reaaaaaaaly detest the use of that word in Nigerian English. sad
I first came across the word in a subtitled Yoruba movie during the late 90s. Okpebe was fighting with Baba Suwe and Omoladun was the umpire.

" Bite him, I say bite him severally!!!"

grin cheesy
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by wiegraf: 9:46am On Jan 12, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, abi make we start to dey check for root cause of theism?
smh, like say atheism na disease grin

There's always this assumption that something must have happened *smh*. Lack of imagination, so they can't see how another position could be the default. And of course, again, they'll call us close minded. Puzzling...

1 Like

Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by esere826: 9:48am On Jan 12, 2013
umh .....
the congregation of aethists

Well, the Roman universal church will rise again,
and so will the desert apostles

and when it does we might barbecue some of you to our gods

*sharpens his spear, and clutches his box of matches*
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 12, 2013
Ishilove: Gentlemen, please let us endeavour to be civil. This thread is not the place for invectives.

Logicboy, BEHAVE!!! angry

Muskeeto, buzz off and come back when you learn to be civil!! angry

Enigma, egbon, jo, ma binu. He is young and impressionable. grin

Jokes aside, please this thread has been interesting thus, please let us endeavour not to derail it. Someone can open a separate thread where you guys can duke it out and cuss each other to your heart's delighted content, but for the sake of this thread, BE CIVIL.

angry angry

You are begging someone that said that my father is a retard and telling me to stop abusing?

It is not that I am innocent here, it is just that your hypocrisy has become standard. Time and time again, a christian and atheist will abuse each other but another christain will come and tell only the atheist to behave.
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Ishilove: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2013
esere826: umh .....
the congregation of aethists

Well, the Roman universal church will rise again,
and so will the desert apostles

and when it does we might "barbecue some of you to our gods"

*sharpens his spear*
Actually, I prefer "diced on the stone of torture and marinated in goat sauce". cheesy cheesy
Re: Atheists Please Tell Us About Your Conversion And Deconversion Stories by Ishilove: 10:02am On Jan 12, 2013
Double post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Free Sex Japan!!! / Great Bible Contradictions / Prophet David Angel And His Wife Celebrate Birthday In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.