Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,854 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace (10174 Views)

Controversy As Alaafin Of Oyo Prays With Queens In Front Row At Prayer Ground / Alaafin Of Oyo Steps Out Again With His 4 Wives (photos). / Alaafin Of Oyo & His Wives Cause A Stir At Abuja Airport (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by PAGAN9JA(m): 5:25am On Jan 10, 2013
BodyKiss:

Pretender.

your point? angry
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Ninilowo(m): 6:41am On Jan 10, 2013
big-t:
This is a questionable post....smh! I'm born and bred in the town! Ive got no message of such gibberish! tongue undecided angry
Ara ile wa'ja. hw are things. I grew up in oyo and had my secondary and NCE there. ao ko ere oko dele oo
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Ninilowo(m): 6:43am On Jan 10, 2013
Fire fighters arrived after ah hour?.........when the palace is just a stone throw (say 3 minutes when you trek) to the palace. Is this story even real? a beg make I call my Pale and male.........................
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by azimibraun: 6:54am On Jan 10, 2013
Boko on holiday, Fire running things.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 10, 2013
berem: Na wa o! This fire calamity don too much! But why is PHCN responsible for most fire out breaks?
its not only phcn that is responsible,patience jonathan and fashola are responsible
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Nobody: 6:59am On Jan 10, 2013
berem: Na wa o! This fire calamity don too much! But why is PHCN responsible for most fire out breaks?
PHCN is not responsible. The use of touts and ill equipped technicians for connection and electricity supply is the problem coupled with inferior electrical cables and accessories.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 10, 2013
Ok. Sorry
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Frostyzone(m): 7:13am On Jan 10, 2013
First, It was Obasanjo, now this! Whose next?
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by boron10(m): 7:28am On Jan 10, 2013
#80million:
ile oba to jo, ewa lo bu si.

*na so Yoruba peeps talk*

So why them never pack beans ontop na? You nor know say beans don cost? cheesy
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by jadakiss213(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2013
ile oba to jo,ewa lo bu kun.-yoruba proverb..literally 'the Kings house that got burnt adds more splendour/beauty to it' #Reconstruction and Renovation tins
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by jadakiss213(m): 7:37am On Jan 10, 2013
boron10:

guy u no well. cheesy
boron10:

guy u no well.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by gabrieloyadipe: 7:51am On Jan 10, 2013
this is very sad,every day fire disaster everywhere,the fire service got to the scene after 30 minutes, this is very bad, nigeria have a long way to go when it come to health,safety and enviroment. OLORUN bawa dawo ina duro ni naija, we have not recovered from water disaster of 2012 in niger-delta.Let's confirm the adage with this scnerio "ile oba tojo ewa lobusi, i beleive by this time next week Julius berger would have fixed it up for Kabiyesi courtesy of Oyo state govt.
Al-hasan:
"The Alaafin's palace that was burnt,has added to its splendour/grandeur".All those who have blue blood in their veins will be responsible to contributete
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by tunapawizzy: 7:56am On Jan 10, 2013
sheedy407: If Oni Of Ife cant pick his fone to call and tell me about d fire outbreak,den i seize to belive.
Cease my brother not SEIZE
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Belmot(m): 8:13am On Jan 10, 2013
boron10:

Ewa in that context means beauty...it shows u'r not yoruba u just dey use scope decode the message cheesy
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by jadakiss213(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2013
tunapawizzy:
Cease my brother not SEIZE
hehe..not be only seize.na so English hard??
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Demdem(m): 8:26am On Jan 10, 2013
Wonderful.

They keep their monies in the palace.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by vanstanzy(m): 8:33am On Jan 10, 2013
It only gutted part of the palace. Thank God no casualties, though.
But if the affected Princesses are fine @ss chics, they can come sleep in my room. Free Accomodation! grin grin grin
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Nobody: 9:49am On Jan 10, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
WOW OMGS! THIS IS SAD! cry

Chai, so dem no get borehole with a long hose in the palace Just asking. I know say nah God oo.

People should start looking into providing alternatives for themselves in the event of the unforseen. Imagine if FIRE SERVICE no show, the whole palace will turn to rubbles. Yet the loss is much.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by dejijohns(m): 10:12am On Jan 10, 2013
J12: Ok. Sorry

Ur profile pix don mak me lauf piss 4ma shokoto... Dnt ask me why I viewed it oo...
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Lakayana: 11:00am On Jan 10, 2013
braine: Its harmattan and things can catch fire quickly. Its time for renovation.
some things cannever be replaced.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Slimboy94(m): 11:24am On Jan 10, 2013
sheedy407: If Oni Of Ife cant pick his fone to call and tell me about d fire outbreak,den i [b]seize[b] to belive.
GBAGAUN! GBAGAUN!! GBAGAUN!!!
Cease nt seize
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by queenlano: 11:32am On Jan 10, 2013
GET FIRST AID TO CONTROLLING FIRE DISASTER

PROTECT YOUR LIVES AND PROPERTIES.

INSTALL FIRE ALARM SYSTEM

FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
BURGLAR ALARM SYSTEM
ACCESS CONTROL
TIME AND ATTENDANCE

Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Ucpet20(m): 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2013
Dat is just d begining 4him.na lie fire no catch him house he won take like dat colect money 4rm government evil people
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by mustapharidwan1(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2013
it's very sad news but i wiil not beleive it untill i heard from my friends at oyo!
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by juman(m): 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2013
SELFWORTH: You mean Fire Service exists in Nigeria. lt probably only exists for the elite.

So many houses get burnt in Lagos, nobody turns up until scavengers start fighting over scrap.

I don't feel sorry for him. What is good for the goose is also good for the gander.

If it was a poor man's house, no one will care.

Hmmm.

According to the Media Assistant to the monarch, Alhaji Azeez Fehintola, the fire started around 6am Wednesday, raging uncontrollably before the arrival of fire fighters about an hour later .

So there is no fire fighter's office in Oyo town?? And Alaafin as being on the throne for more than four decades??

Hissss.
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Bolarge1(m): 2:52pm On Jan 10, 2013
ELE OBA TO JO.............

THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO MORDERNIZE THE PALACE.

CONGRATS.

AJUMOBI THE GOMINA PLS AWARD THE CONTRACT OUT FOR A NAIRALANDER.

Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Ahmed030(m): 10:31pm On Jan 10, 2013
al d tins dats hapeni is tom n jerry. Der is some1 behind it
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by Ahmed030(m): 10:33pm On Jan 10, 2013
al d tins dats hapeni is tom n jerry. Der is some1 behind it. Na 2day yansh dey 4 back, e don tay....
Re: Fire Guts Alaafin Of Oyo’s Palace by bigt2(m): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ninilowo:
Ara ile wa'ja. hw are things. I grew up in oyo and had my secondary and NCE there. ao ko ere oko dele oo
amin ====ooooo!!!!! Thanks ase gun-un! Oruko e maa ro e padi mi! Waa gbayi!!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Swears In Commissioners, Journalists Denied Access Into Auditorium / Governors To Demand Dollars From States’ Share Of Federation Account / Osinbajo Gets In Touch With Buhari Everyday - Lai Mohammed Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.