Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,870 members, 7,817,567 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Can You Solve This Problem cisco subnetting - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can You Solve This Problem cisco subnetting (660 Views)

Can You Solve This Math That Baffled Australian Students? / Weekend Brain Drill: Can You Solve This In 30 secs? / Can You Solve This Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can You Solve This Problem cisco subnetting by terryboob(m): 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2008
plz i need your help

i  have been asked to design a basic local area network,for a small company,they have 100hosts in the network.you have been asked to provide a detailed plan of the physical layout of this local area network, their will be a single gateway from this network whcih will be administered by isp , peripheral devices must be included,host machines,network devices,severs and peripherals,,,,i must produce potential sources and prices for the devices.i have been given class b ip address 172.16.0.0 and asked to perform subnetting to provide efficient address allocation to all devices in the internetwork which includes the 100 client machines on site, it should be presented in a table formatted.

from my own ideas,subnest mask should be 225.255.128.0 since we borrowed 7bit to create 100 hosts , what the increment  would it be ? would it be 128 ?
Re: Can You Solve This Problem cisco subnetting by IykeD(m): 11:39pm On Feb 26, 2008
I have not checked this well but i think the increment should be 256.0-128.0 =128.0 since this is a class B ip. So you have 128.0, 256.0 etc.

(1) (Reply)

Nda Test At Feb 2 2008 Is Out Check Here / ASUU Expels Unilorin Lecturers From Association / 2008 Ume Examinees Network

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.