Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,698 members, 7,851,384 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:11 PM

We Need Internet/blog Copyrite Protection In Nigeria - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / We Need Internet/blog Copyrite Protection In Nigeria (497 Views)

Domain Name Privacy Protection In Nigeria / Испытание Protection форума / Free Privacy Protection With Every Domain Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need Internet/blog Copyrite Protection In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 10, 2013
It is so sad to see your efforts in terms of articles, stories, etc written by you and published on your personal blog or website being copied entirely by another blogger, internet user, or webmaster without referencing you or your website/blog as the original source, and most times, the copier ends up taking the glory of your hard work and talent.

I have had several occasions whereby my articles, stories, etc are entirely copied by a Nigerian blogger/forum user, etc without referencing me or dropping a link to my blog as the original source, whereas I have had occasions whereby some foreign bloggers and online article writers wrote me personally after reading my article/story, and ask for my permission to re-post/re-publish my work on their blog/site, and I gave them conditions which they usually abide, but Nigerians seem to be different.

I have stumbled upon my articles published without my reference on talkofnaija.com, here on nairaland, and in some other personal blogs I wouldn't want to disclose here.

Seriously we need to do something jointly as bloggers to savage this ugly situation before it goes overboard. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: We Need Internet/blog Copyrite Protection In Nigeria by mitchyy(f): 9:09am On Jan 12, 2013
I agree. It happens to gistville.com and naijapose a lot. And its sad. No one says u shouldn't copy, bt give credit to the writer who spent quality time creating the article at least. Ngtrends recently did it and I was so pissed. Dey even cut out the site's logo on the pics and put theirs. Fakers!
Re: We Need Internet/blog Copyrite Protection In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2013
mitchyy: I agree. It happens to gistville.com and naijapose a lot. And its sad. No one says u shouldn't copy, bt give credit to the writer who spent quality time creating the article at least. Ngtrends recently did it and I was so pissed. Dey even cut out the site's logo on the pics and put theirs. Fakers!
I do copy news contents from other sites to liven my blog, but I always make sure I reference them to give some credit cos it won't do me any harm.

I am serious, what can we do about this? I am ready
Re: We Need Internet/blog Copyrite Protection In Nigeria by webcityng: 4:48pm On Jan 12, 2013
CSS strict will do this
Re: We Need Internet/blog Copyrite Protection In Nigeria by funkymedina: 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2013
there is one useless site called believers portal that just takes articles wriiten by others and makes no reference to where they got it from. Passing it off as thier own and its a christian based site .. ! the people there have literally copied almost all articles from one of my sites ..cause we walk closely with a pastor.. why not just reference where u got it from? nothing wrong in spreadig the word of God but men ...its painfull to see your work somewhere else without reference to the origin. i dont get it ..its not like its jokes where u cant find the origin. As we publish they goat copies it with photos within days ..to show how crooked they are there is no contact form or anything
Re: We Need Internet/blog Copyrite Protection In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
funky medina: there is one useless site called believers portal that just takes articles wriiten by others and makes no reference to where they got it from. Passing it off as thier own and its a christian based site .. ! the people there have literally copied almost all articles from one of my sites ..cause we walk closely with a pastor.. why not just reference where u got it from? nothing wrong in spreadig the word of God but men ...its painfull to see your work somewhere else without reference to the origin. i dont get it ..its not like its jokes where u cant find the origin. As we publish they goat copies it with photos within days ..to show how crooked they are there is no contact form or anything
its really painful and something needs to be done. Copyrite shouldn't be applied only to hard copy materials, but also to online publications. A special court for copyrite needs to be established and judgment made fast for excellent performance. It hurts a lot, I must confess. We Nigerians lack so many moral ethics
Re: We Need Internet/blog Copyrite Protection In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
webcityng: CSS strict will do this
How pls?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Make Css Gradient Work For IE? / Understanding Web Design, CMS, And The Costs Involved / Take The Traffic Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.