Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,724 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:57 PM

How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account (13390 Views)

NLC And Trade Unions To Embark On strike On Tuesday. / NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan / Fuel Subsidy Withdrawal: Nlc And Tuc Mobilizes For Street Demonstrations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by onatisi(m): 5:44am On Jan 11, 2013
luluosas:
Are you sure you woke up well this morning with your complete senses? No offense intended. Thank you.
grin

bashings don start,wahlahi i go enjoy dis thread today

2 Likes

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by lordojay: 5:46am On Jan 11, 2013
I spit on nlc/tuc.

1 Like

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by talktimi(m): 5:54am On Jan 11, 2013
luluosas:
Are you sure you woke up well this morning with your complete senses? No offense intended. Thank you.
luluosas speaks the truth except you're living in denial

1 Like

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Smooyis(m): 6:13am On Jan 11, 2013
Unionists are politicians in some ways. They cannot be trusted too much. I remember Comrade Oshiomole role in the Lagos Minimum Wage saga with Tinubu and Akele. His intervention as the National Labour Head frustrated the immense effort of Akele in that struggle.
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Bokoharam: 6:22am On Jan 11, 2013
engineerd: Please can u summarize it Its been a long day!!!

I hate lazy people!!!

That is part of why Nigerians are losing the war--mentally and physically!

2 Likes

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Maxymilliano(m): 6:55am On Jan 11, 2013
NLC/TUC did not betrayed #occupynigeria# in whatever way, Omar, Esele and other members of the NEC only did what was needful then and it was to call off the strike.

Situation report from most of the centers was that the protest has been hijacked by failed, disgruntled politicians especially at the active centers, which was not far from the truth.

The NEC was faced with either going ahead with the systematic shutting down of oil installations across the country to cripple the economy and spite the government or take same decision and play into the hands of the politicians.

NLC/TUC NEC were also availed informations on how some governors especially in the Opposition camp and few from the rank of PDP SECRETLY endorsed the idea of subsidy removal ab initio and the additional income it brings into their kitty but for political exigency, OPENLY denounced and criticized the FG.

This is why Peter Esele always tell anybody that cares to listen that it is not enough to just keep criticizing the government at the Federal level for subsidy removal investment, attention should also be shifted to the State governors who are part of the decision making from the outset and are benefiting massively from the subsidy disbursements.

None of the governors across the federation have openly rejected the monthly subsidy payment so far, and this tacitly corroborated the assertions by NLC/TUC on the occupy nigeria protest was being played directly or indirectly into the hands of politicians.

1 Like

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by bugsy80(m): 6:59am On Jan 11, 2013
you don't need to be a genius to know NLC and TUC sold out during the #OCCUPYNIGERIA protest.

2 Likes

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Teejayphillip(m): 7:05am On Jan 11, 2013
No one is reliable,except God whu'll neva fail...

We ® all human n we must behave lik one alwayz...

Its a year now when we occupy d whole city of Lagos @ Ojota,tis jus lik yesterday.. Its a memory dat'll neva b 4gotten..

I waz even prepared 4 anoda dis year,bur God know's why it dint com up dis year..

I strongly believe dat sumday n itz gonna b pretty soon God will find solution 4 our dearest country..

N I pray during my lifetime,Nigeria will surely rise again..
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by CohenJane: 7:05am On Jan 11, 2013
bugsy80: you don't need to be a genius to know NLC and TUC sold out during the #OCCUPYNIGERIA protest.

Exactly.

But wait o, will this country ever be good? You know, I'm just confused!
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 11, 2013
matify: At 3:50am?

Please use ur' head! just because its 3:50am where u're at does not mean i'm in the same time zone!
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by size38: 7:06am On Jan 11, 2013
NLC and TUC called off the strike because while the strike was for economic reasons, political parties like ACN and CPC high jacked it through the back door for political reasons. If not so, why didn't they continue to occupy nigeria when labour called off the strike?

1 Like

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Omen100(m): 7:11am On Jan 11, 2013
matify: At 3:50am?

That is why they fail exams & simple questions, at 3:50am he complained that the comprehension was too long.

Back to the topic, only in Nigeria will such saboteurs will still be walking free after sabotaging the interest of the people, they should be killed immediately, imagining if the likes of Pascal the betrayer was to be killed because of their betrays, the up coming labour executives would have being careful with the decisions they made.

2 Likes

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Nobody: 7:21am On Jan 11, 2013
d fact dat that we were betrayed we surely continue to hunt dem and dere family.....both umar and esele should neva ever b trusted anylonger....

1 Like

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by seunajia: 7:29am On Jan 11, 2013
lastpage:

Truly, we Nigerians suffer from amnesia! We forget too easily!

Take Oshiomole for example: This fiery pretender that blares his eyes like an owl grin was supposed to be Negotiating on behalf of Nigerians during one of OBJ's incessant fuel hikes.

A second example is Reuben Abatti, the fiery Nespaper Editor who mesmerized us with his incisive pen as he pilloried a "one bad government after another".

These two were trusted by Nigerians to "broker a good deal" with OBJ, during the fuel crisis. There REMIT was that the Fed. Govt MUST reverse the fuel hikes and that was the message they were sent to DELIVER to OBJ in Abuja!

But alas, like our "Oni of Ife", during the 'Maradonic-somersault years" of IBB when the infamous "The Man (IBB) is talking sense" verdict was given by his Royal HighLowness after allegedly collecting sizable Ghana must Go Bags,

Oshiomole and Abati simply did a volt-face in Abuja and announced that the Strike has been called-off!
It is on record that Abati till date, could not explain that his piece of land in Abuja (as part of the deal) and that singular act catapulted Oshiomole into the club of mulch-millionaires and into government house (using the "Gift" he got from OBJ).

Does anyone remember that Yar Adua spokeman, Segun Adeniyi or whatever he is called, (he is now irrelevant anyway!) who before he became a "Govt-trumpet", wrote eloquently against Govt injustice to the citizens?
Appointed into office, he became the greatest "lie-spinner" during Yar Aduas days as President.
He was one of those who told the nation how Yar Adua was doing more Push-Ups and running 100M-dash in a time faster that Usain Bolt when in fact, the man has passed-on in a Saudi Hospital1

Bottom-line: NIGERIAN Union Leaders are TRAITORS.

Any "Revolution" that would change Nigeria for GOOD will be spontaneous, furious, bloody and will be borne out of acute and prolonged suffering of Nigerians.

That is how it happened in other countries and Nigeria wont be different.
It is our individual selfishness that is our greatest enemy, in putting those thieves where they (their necks) belong: On a Guillotine!

Lastpage!

And dont forget that "KANU" of YEA (Youth Earnestly ask/want Abacha) shocked shocked

What more can be said. All that shenanigans for nothing.

The likes of Asari Dokubo had been making personal calls to threaten the Leadership of the Oil Workers’ Union.

In spite of all these, PENGASSAN NEC meeting held that evening in the Hotel. Tribal/Political sentiments were rife at the onset, ‘nothing must happen to Jonathan’, ‘the day you kill a madman, na im you go know say e get family’ ‘we should not be used by these Politicians, is it Bakare that did not even win a Local government?’ In essence, those who went to negotiate directly with Government had claimed that the Lagos struggle had been ‘hijacked by Politicians’ .Comrade Peter Esele himself had said ‘We’ve lost Lagos (to Politicians), we’d have lost Abuja too, but we were there to make sure the Politicians did not hijack it’

This country is an unholy union and I blame the British. We never asked to be put on the same ship.

I know some people who voted Jonathan because they felt he would organize a SNC. And he has so far failed them like all the others that voted for him.

I don't expect more and I am not afraid to say it, GEJ is a stooge.

2 Likes

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by kjhova(m): 7:34am On Jan 11, 2013
talktimi: luluosas speaks the truth except you're living in denial

Sorry mate, he didn't speak the truth. The truth is that the cost of the subsidy regime was hurting the government but instead of finding lasting solutions by addressing the real problems, they took the easiest step which is to pass on the costs from NIGERIA to NIGERIANS!!

The solution they should have pursued was to;
STOP STEALING OUR MONEY,
BUILD UP OUR REFINING CAPACITY,
STOP STEALING OUR MONEY AGAIN!!!

1 Like

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Nuzo1(m): 7:44am On Jan 11, 2013
utumunta:
If u couldn't talk then, forever remain silent!

The occupy Nigeria project was organised by bitter politicians, funded by the oil cabal & betrayed by the labour unions!

We accuse the govt of helping themselves with the subsidy money, they decides to remove it and we protest about it(?).

Till we,Nigerians stop our attitud of 'hero-worship' and stand for what is right always, we'll continue to suffer memory loss & be used like a roll-on by our recycled leaders/heroes.

Nuff said on ds mata!
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Mowire: 8:02am On Jan 11, 2013
That "revelation" is no news really. But it's good to know exactly who did what & better picture of who that Esele guy is.
And thank God @afam4eva woke up & dealt with the 1st 2 silly comments
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by megareal: 8:05am On Jan 11, 2013
Just a confirmation of what we always knew. Or is there anyone who can claim to be surprised by this?
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by yokiti: 8:09am On Jan 11, 2013
Immediately I watched the anouncement on the cancellation of the strike on TV, the lyrics of Segun Akinlolu aka Beautiful Nubia Seven Season's track came to mind:
In my journey through the world
Over land and oversea.
I see different cultures and different people's way.
I was born where the sun never set or never rises.
I was born where the heat is like a second skin.
I can conclude that; the "heat" He meant here is Corruption.
Not until we take our destiny into our own's hand in Nigeria, we aren't going anywhere near an egalitarian society that will benefit all.
God bless Nigeria with good leaders and "active" followers!

1 Like

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by hovic(m): 8:10am On Jan 11, 2013
Eating Rice and Stew.And banana too because i need eat. Wetin concern me? Abeg na time and money Man dey look for, abi people when leave naija to euro na jas dem use? Boi go soon remove and leave this clueless country for good. Gosh i don't believe i live this country for too long.
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by donjsb(m): 8:11am On Jan 11, 2013
Its a pity Our union leaders can't be trusted.
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by jutino(f): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2013
pDude: Do you expect me to read all this shiit
no be byforce to read am abi dem force u open d topic mtcheeeeeeeew
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Nobody: 8:23am On Jan 11, 2013
The likes of Asari Dokubo had been making personal calls to threaten the Leadership of the Oil Workers’ Union.

Thank God because the same Dokubo is very unhappy with Jonathan now.see why the idea of ''we must produce the president'' is not really a good idea and when you complain,some people will scream tribalism because they are minority.its now on record that dokubo did not denounce Nigeria when a yoruba was in power but when his fellow ijaw was the president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 11, 2013
Nigeria has no solution, even if we stage a revolution they will still collect bribe and betray us.

1 Like

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by TonySpike: 8:47am On Jan 11, 2013
gboss4sure: Nigeria has no solution, even if we stage a revolution they will still collect bribe and betray us.

Nigeria has a solution. Split the damn country if nothing works! Enough said!
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by lumeneng22: 9:01am On Jan 11, 2013
N18,000 minimum wage nlc how far?
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by aglomar: 9:04am On Jan 11, 2013
We have always known NLC to be up to no good!
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by nlofficial(m): 9:19am On Jan 11, 2013
Can someone please summarise this? My profession is not to read.
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Bolan123: 9:25am On Jan 11, 2013
Nigeria was never occupied. The opposition thought they could get power through the backdoor. Who certify the fraudulent subsidy papers for payment? NLC members through PENGASSAN. Who provides loan for d fraudulent importers the NLC through their members in the banks. They all went for a carnival at Ojota and we advise the President to deploy soldiers and that ends the rascal behavior of the so called ACN/ CPC rascals.

1 Like

Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by merengue: 9:31am On Jan 11, 2013
nl.official:
Can someone please summarise this? My profession is not to read.

Of course not; your profession is to be idiotic and your life's ambition is to be the first person who was born as a numbskull, lived in stupidity and died a buffoon.

@OP: Of course Esele and Omar betrayed the protests, that goes without saying. But Esele still does have a point about the entry of politicians giving #Occupy Nigeria# a political connotation which was not needed.
Re: How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account by Wadeoye(m): 9:31am On Jan 11, 2013
engineerd:

Please use ur' head! just because its 3:50am where u're at does not mean i'm in the same time zone!

Many people here are illiterates but fortunate to have internet access. Is the man thinking everybody commenting here is in Nigeria or he doesnt know time varies from country to country depending on time zones? When some people are sleeping some people are just waking up and some people are in the middle of the day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PMB Clearing Many Years Of Rot – Bakare / PDP: Kalu Deceiving Presidency, APC With Fake Defections / PDP Youths Threaten Takeover Of Party Within 7 days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.