Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book (13006 Views)

An Excerpt From El-rufai’s Book ‘the Accidental Public Servant’ On Atiku AGAIN! / El Rufai's Accidental Public Servant / El-Rufai's 'The Accidental Public Servant' Book Launch (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by elbinmanny(m): 11:14am On Jan 11, 2013
Hell Rufai should be thanking God that Nigeria is not like Italy,
Let's look at it like this; El belonged to the mafia run by Don OBJ, he sells out and starts talking shit ! No body does that to the FAMILY....Don Cicero OBJ gives the order for a "wet job" and el gets wacked and ends up in a body bag inside a foot soldiers trunk!!!! cheesycheesycheesycheesy.... E for sweet me die gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by anonimi: 11:24am On Jan 11, 2013
Does it include how he employed a fresh corper girlfriend as a consultant on a multi-million naira monthly fees
Or the land he seized from public corporations and allocated to his family members

So much for the "born-again" public SERVANT grin

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by Nobody: 11:30am On Jan 11, 2013
I hope he is not hoping to make money from the sales of that book cos nigerians havent even had the time to read useful books talkless of one from a man whose credibility has a huge question mark on it. Even if its free for download.

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by Yvete(f): 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
El Rufai reminds me of Dino Melaye ... quite intelligent attention-seeking men. Hmnn
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
A failing politician can write anything to sell a book. Hello people, save Hell-Rufai from bankruptcy, buy this book.
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by bubadaniel13: 12:51pm On Jan 11, 2013
The Mallam is so broke and hungry to the extend that he has resorted to blackmail as his means of livelihood,who would have known El rufai if not for OBJ?this book is a sour gripe from a bitter man whose popularity is weaning daily.
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by free13: 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2013
Trying to raise money for buhari's election campaign. grin
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by MurphyT1: 1:24pm On Jan 11, 2013
Always seeknig for relevance, now he has resorted to publishing of a book which indirectly refers to himself, cos as far as i'm concern, making hell Rufia the Minister of fct was accidental, i hope he includes it there in his 'fund seeking book', that he really made use of his office by acquiring and assigning govt properties to himself, family members and girlfriends(i trust abj chicks), not just including that he was used and dumped by OBJ...probably he tot both of them will continue to rule after his alleged 2yrs break,afterall according to him, OBJ said the plan will kick off after 4yrs. After 4yrs, plans fails, he cries foul play...yeye man. i think we shud start some contribution on NL for rufia, wot y'all think grin grin
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by Candybob(m): 2:25pm On Jan 11, 2013
El-Rufai reminds me of one character in 'Boondocks' that Rev. Looking for a sitcom with BET!
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by youngies(m): 2:33pm On Jan 11, 2013
mu2sa2: He is telling his own side of the story. We are waiting to hear obj's. It's even not true that el-rufai isn't saying something new - did u hear b4 that obj was on his knees begging Atiku to allow him pick the pdp 2003 presidential ticket.At least the on his knees part is brand new revelation.
I don't know what your age is or your profession, but if you are of age in 2007 and in the right profession to know things especially when it was in the public discuss as back as then.
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by nagoma(m): 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2013
Murphy T: Always seeknig for relevance, now he has resorted to publishing of a book which indirectly refers to himself, cos as far as i'm concern, making hell Rufia the Minister of fct was accidental, grin grin

I don't know what you mean by" accidental " here. Perhaps you mean " a mistake " because the 2 are very different - the first means an" unplanned occurrence" while the second means " - in error."

Whatever you mean El - Rufa'i has transformed FCT to a befitting Capital for Nigeria. After him things are really deteriorating fast but you can't take that away from him no matter how much you hate him and his guts.
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by MurphyT1: 4:58pm On Jan 11, 2013
nagoma:

I don't know what you mean by" accidental " here. Perhaps you mean " a mistake " because the 2 are very different - the first means an" unplanned occurrence" while the second means " - in error."

Whatever you mean El - Rufa'i has transformed FCT to a befitting Capital for Nigeria. After him things are really deteriorating fast but you can't take that away from him no matter how much you hate him and his guts.

i dnt hate him at all, just dislike most of his antecedence...de were instigated by his selfish interest
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by banki(m): 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2013
[quote author=Idokojimmy]El-rufai must be foolish to have published this. He feels nigerians will cowardly sympathise with him. If he was very close to Obj then, and knew that Obj was about to impose a weak candidate on nigerians, what effort did he make to report this fraud to Nigerians. Because he Was selfish and needed a Political appointment, he sacrificed our interest, now he complains becos he was abandoned. Fool[/quote

How was he abandoned and whats wrong in publishing a book? did he ask for symphaty, even if he cried out your pdp rigging machine was hell bent on winning the election, beside nigerians know that yaradua and jonathan were brought into the mix simply because they were weak people

i leave in Abuja And elrufai has a long staning legacy in our hearts and guess what the people of abuja love him since he left 5years ago things have been differnt nothing seems to work even though they are spending so much money we cannot see thier work as compared to when the man we call minister was her

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by PHIPEX(m): 6:44pm On Jan 11, 2013
Bamanga Tutur -- The Global Villager(2012)
Okonjo Iweala -- Reforming The Unreformable(2012)
Chinua Achebe -- There Was a Country(2012)
Peter Odili -- In Loving Memory of Conscience and History(2012)
El-Rufai -- The Accidental Public Servant(2013)

With the way everybody is writing a book these days it's either there is a sudden change of mentality or a new goldmine has just been discovered in that industry.
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by badesco(m): 7:55pm On Jan 11, 2013
EL-RUFAI IS LIKE A SINKING BOAT SO HE SHOULD BE IGNORED
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by kenzspunpy(m): 11:38am On Jan 12, 2013
youngies: El-Rufai's New Book: Whoever Wins, I'll Run Aso Rock From My Farm - Obasanjo

After Olusegun Obasanjo failed to secure a third term in office, he boasted that 2007 and 2011 would be a “transition period”, as he would run the affairs of the country from his Ota Farm, irrespective of the fact that there would be a sitting president.

This has been revealed in a recently published memoir of an Obasanjo confidant and former minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Malam Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai, entitled, “”.

The book recounts that though former president Obasanjo had singlehandedly ensured that the late Umaru Musa Yar’Adua succeeded him in 2007, he nevertheless planned to administer the country from his Ota Farm. He described the 2007-2011 period as a transition because all his pointsmen, including the “economic team” would remain in office.

El-Rufai recalls the former president telling him thus: “Well, nothing will change, you know. I will be in Ota but we will be running things. Everything will remain the same, you know. You will remain in the government, the economic team will remain. Nothing will change. Only I will move to Ota and Yar’Adua will be here but we will be running things.”

When el-Rufai informed Obasanjo that he intended taking at least two years’ break from government business, the former president responded: “OK, well I just thought I should call you and explain to you that the next four years is just a transition period. The real change in government will happen in 2011. Not now.”

Obasanjo begged Atiku on his knees

El-Rufai also said in his seminal book, which will be launched at 10:30am on February 7, at the Yar’Adua Centre, Abuja, that the former president begged his deputy on “bended knees,” for his political survival.

In the 627-page book, El-Rufai said on page 151, “The stakes were high enough for Obasanjo to swallow his considerable pride and go to Atiku on bended knees.

“Obasanjo had no problem going down on his knees to beg for what he thought was impossible to obtain any other way.”

This rare and calculated display of meekness came around 2003 when Obasanjo feared he could lose the People’s Democratic Party’s re-nomination bid, if he did not make peace with Atiku.

The book recounts that faced with the possibility of losing the PDP ticket to Atiku, who had rallied all the governors on the platform of the party, the former president paid his deputy an unscheduled visit in 2003.

“The political bricksmanship got so bad that Obasanjo had to visit Atiku’s residence unannounced to plead for Atiku’s support.

Upon arriving at his deputy’s residence, he reportedly knelt before Atiku and begged the vice-president to remain onside, thus guaranteeing the support of the 17 PDP governors. In return, Obasanjo had to agree to retain Atiku as his running mate (he was rumoured at the time to be considering an alternative),” the book revealed.

In his book, el-Rufai also queries the leadership recruitment processes, noting that it is at the root of the nation’s problems, as it sacrifices merit. He said that the choosing of the late Yar’Adua and Dr. Goodluck Jonathan as president and vice-president by Obasanjo was “the final nail in the coffin of any meritocracy or track record of governance in Nigeria.

“President Obasanjo chose Umaru Yar’Adua whose ill-health, among other challenges, was known already constituted a serious impediment to the possibility of any inspired and energetic leadership. The view of many well-informed Nigerians is that Yar’Adua and his deputy, Goodluck Jonathan, emerged for no other discernable reasons than being ‘weak’ governors sympathetic to the ‘Third Term’ project and therefore handpicked as payback.

“The subsequent electoral imposition of Goodluck Jonathan as president in 2011 via military occupation and rigging has been unhelpful in raising leadership quality. Jonathan went into a presidential contest without a campaign manifesto, boasting of no experience, merit and any track record of previous performance other than wearing no shoes to school and his ‘good luck’.”

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/44699/2013/01/11/bombshell_elrufais_new_book_whoever_wins_ill_run_aso_rock_my_farm_obasanjo.html

Nasir, when u worked with Baba Iyabo, all these didn't come to your head. Now that you are out, your brain is over-floating like a problematic caburator. Don't worry, you will get another government appointment soon. I know it's taking longer than you thought. Sorry El- Rufai...
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by Gbawe: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
ypzilanti: There is nothing here that those who follow politics in Nigeria have not heard already.

Correct.
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by tpia5: 2:16pm On Jan 12, 2013
Are all these books only obtainable in nigeria?

Nigerian politicians need to do more about making their books available to overseas readers.

Eg someone should put them on ebay, alibris, etc.

I dont think the nigerian bookstores ship abroad.
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by redsun(m): 4:21pm On Jan 12, 2013
gunuvi: El Rufai can never change. He is an unrepentant liar. How can Baba kneel down for Atiku? Atiku that postrated for baba openly last November. El rufai, god puni.sh u ooo liar

A man that sleeps with his son's wife can do anything.Obj is a psychopathic scum and those that sees any good in him are even worse scums.

1 Like

Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by free13: 5:07pm On Jan 12, 2013
redsun:

A man that sleeps with his son's wife can do anything.Obj is a psychopathic scum and those that sees any good in him are even worse scums.

grin grin grin
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by Odutodaiwa: 9:45pm On Jan 12, 2013
El Rufai is my man anyday. But I suspect the Joker he is trying to play here is to make sure he uses the same strategy PDP uses to abuse the mind of Nigerians against potential threat to their establishment. Like PDP has been at the forefront of the campaign that Buhari is an extremist and that nobody, particularly Southern Christians should not vote for him.

In this case, El-Rufai knows that Jonathan is a no go area as far as the North is concerned. Going by Baba Iyabo's recent drift that the president of Nigeria should come from the North in 2015. El Rufai wants to "program" the mind of Northerners against any Northern candidate (As another OBJ Puppet) that OBJ might present should OBJ succeeds in sending Jonathan back to the creeks. In the event that Jonathan survives OBJ's onslaught. Jonathan knows he has a tough job of selling himself in the North anyway. So everything boils down to making sure that come 2015. ost Northerners look in the direction of the opposition.
Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by ameenah(f): 4:56pm On Feb 07, 2013
you can get the book on Jumia, here is the link-------> http://www./The-Accidental-Public-Servant---Paperback-43081.html

Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by ameenah(f): 5:01pm On Feb 07, 2013
Get the Book on Jumia, see link here -------------> http://www./The-Accidental-Public-Servant---Paperback-43081.html

Re: Excerpts From 'The Accidental Public Servant' El-Rufai's New Book by Btruth: 9:51am On Jun 24, 2013
youngies: In my opinion, El-Rufai has not said anything new.
cry
youngies: In my opinion, El-Rufai has not said anything new.

OK

(1) (2) (Reply)

Those Rating Osinbajo Higher Than Buhari Want To Cause Division - Presidency / PDP To Lai Mohammed: "You Can't Censor The Media, It's Called Freedom Of Speech" / Oshiomhole Inaugurates APC Convention Committee In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.