Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World (17062 Views)

Alake Is A Junior King In Yorubaland – Awujale / Obateru Akinrunta:The Richest King In Nigeria.. The Olugbo Of Ugbo Kingdom, Hrm / 20-year-old Undergraduate Crowned King Of Issele-Ukwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by Iyaniwura123: 7:21am On Jan 11, 2013
The Dein of Agbor Kingdom, His Royal Majesty Benjamin Ikenchuku Keagborekuzi the First (Keagborekuzi I) is a monarch with a very unique history. Agbor is a town in the oil-rich Delta State of Nigeria but the king has put the town on global map.

He was born in July 1977, but following the unexpected death of his father, the late Obi in 1979, he was crowned the monarch at the age of two years, four months -the youngest anywhere in the world. This feat was noted in the Guinness Book of World Records in 1980 when he was acknowledged as the youngest crowned monarch. 

The Dein of Agbor, when he was crowned in 1979 at the age of two years, four months, the youngest in the world. The Agbor Royal Family is called the Nhu-Dein. His mother later took him to England where he was baptized with the rites of the Roman Catholic Church. The Dein of Agbor attended the Catholic School of Kent and later, the College Bearwood in Surrey, College of San Benedict, Ealing and the Birbeck College in London. In his absence, a regent ruled until he came back in 2000 to fully resume duty as one of Nigeria's youngest traditional rulers. By the way, you need to see the Dein speak, I am yet to see a more charming monarch! You will fall in love with him! Truly royal a figure, I must say.

He has no wife (thus Agbor Kingdom has no Queen for now but there is a Queen Mother). Immediately after the coronation, he went overseas for his education while a Regent ruled in his place. He obtained various degrees and certificates and came back in 2001 when he took over properly as the Dein of Agbor. He is passionate about horses. Despite his busy schedule, he still finds time to ride them.

In March 2006, he became the youngest monarch to be appointed the Chancellor of a Federal University when former President Olusegun Obasanjo appointed him the Chancellor of the University of Ilorin. He is currently the 4th Chancellor of University of Ilorin and is the Officer (Order of the Crown of Belgium) and the Vice-Chairman of the Delta State Traditional Rulers' Council. He is also of the Supreme Order of the Dein of Agbor, otherwise known as the Royal & Dynastic Order of the Dein of Agbor (Supremo Ordine Del Dein Di Agbor Ordine Reale E Dinastico). This Order was established in 2005 during his silver jubilee celebrations of his coronation. He is the Grand Master Protector of the Order and by virtue, he can bestow honours and awards on deserving individuals who have contributed greatly to the development of Agbor Kingdom. Its motto goes thus: 'By Spirit and Knowledge.'

Agbor is in the Ika South Local Government Area of Delta State. 

When asked about his marital status,(I can feel the hearts of some ladies here fluttering already grin, he said: 

"Now, you want to put me in trouble with my chiefs. The 

wonderful answer is no. The press will be involved any time 

such will happen. I look forward to being married. I am a 

Christian and of a very young age." 

“I truly love my people from the depth of my heart. But I do not like lies. I do not like it when people say bad things about their own brothers and sisters. If you see your brother or sister doing something wrong stop him or her.  If you see your brother or sister in trouble, do something to help him or her. As long as all these are done, Agbor will continue to grow from strength to strength. There is no need for the people to work against each other.” The Dein is widely respected and greatly loved by his people (yeah, I love him too even though I am not an 'Agborian'.....lol)

Agbor Kingdom has been in existence since 721 BC. The name Ikeagborekuzi means 'What will Agbor people say now?' reflecting the controversy that surrounded his birth and coronation. His dad, the late king had many daughters and was worried until the Dein was born as the first son and Crown Prince. 

His mother, the Queen Mother, Queen Victoria Nkem Egun Ikenchuku is also referred to as the Ojeba of Agbor. She was born on the 17th of January, 1960 and is the Honourable Commissioner for Millenium Development Goals (MDGs) (formerly of Women Affairs, Community & Social Development), Delta State. Thanks a lot for your time.

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR TIME. 
•••Iyani­wura™
See more pictures on the post here: http://iyaniwura.com/keagborekuzi-i-the-youngest-crowned-king-in-the-world/
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by seedord247(m): 7:28am On Jan 11, 2013
What kind of name is that?
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by Chanchit: 8:42am On Jan 11, 2013
This is far from silver spoon, the spoon must be a golden spoon. Mehn...! Anyway, typing from my bed @ 08:41am, still making strategy for todays hustle.

1 Like

Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by tpia5: 8:50am On Jan 11, 2013
Op
why are you following nigerian monarchs around?

Any particular reason?

Do some on the north and middle belt as well.

1 Like

Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by Chanchit: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2013
Born 1977, n yet to marry..! I jst hope its not what I'm thinking, cos by now he sopos don sample all those girls for the village, and should be on d third wife by now, but bad as e bad, he should have @least 1, even if na denge pose.

1 Like

Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by Iyaniwura123: 9:23am On Jan 11, 2013
Hahaha....lol! Nice observation, we will do that smiley
tpia@:
Op

Any particular reason?

Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by Iyaniwura123: 9:24am On Jan 11, 2013
If they catch you, mind hand no dey o....lol! Watch out on Iyaniwura's website whenever his wedding plans are out.
Chanchit: Born 1977, n yet to marry..! I jst hope its not what I'm thinking, cos by now he sopos don sample all those girls for the village, and should be on d third wife by now, but bad as e bad, he should have @least 1, even if na denge pose.
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by Jimbadly: 10:11am On Jan 11, 2013
Chanchit: Born 1977, n yet to marry..! I jst hope its not what I'm thinking, cos by now he sopos don sample all those girls for the village, and should be on d third wife by now, but bad as e bad, he should have @least 1, even if na denge pose.

Really baffles me too. Having children, especially males should be uppermost in his mind as he is the only son of his father and the king. He is 35, if you ask me he should have married at 15. I heard he must marry a virgin from his kingdom, hope there are still virgins in Agbor.
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by Chanchit: 12:42pm On Jan 11, 2013
Ìyániwúrà123: If they catch you, mind hand no dey o....lol! Watch out on Iyaniwura's website whenever his wedding plans are out.

Kk, I'll check.
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by Chanchit: 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2013
Jimbadly:

Really baffles me too. Having children, especially males should be uppermost in his mind as he is the only son of his father and the king. He is 35, if you ask me he should have married at 15. I heard he must marry a virgin from his kingdom, hope there are still virgins in Agbor.

15 sef too much, immediately they detect any sperm na to start reproducing, if he could be crowned @ d age of 2 then it won't be wrong if he starts reproducing at lets say 11-12.
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 11, 2013

grin grin

Kids are expensive now a days even for "kings" tongue

1 Like

Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by kristikat(f): 11:32pm On Jan 11, 2013
tpia@:
Op

Any particular reason?

maybe this person secretly desires to be some king or monarch...
and yet I wonder if those who are monarchs,
if they are really happy to be where they are,
isn't royal life one of personal imprisonment?

1 Like

Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by kristikat(f): 11:33pm On Jan 11, 2013
*Kails*:

grin grin

Kids are expensive now a days even for "kings" tongue

their kids eat all the food of the people they are supposed to feed with all their money and riches. lipsrsealed
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by kristikat(f): 11:34pm On Jan 11, 2013
Chanchit:

15 sef too much, immediately they detect any sperm na to start reproducing, if he could be crowned @ d age of 2 then it won't be wrong if he starts reproducing at lets say 11-12.

maybe he don't want to bring kids into such a life.......
maybe he knows what is going on,
and rebels against his own royal life inwardly.
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by Nobody: 5:01am On Jan 13, 2013
idk..i just don't rate monarchs. tongue
you're only a human being but call yourself reigning over others?
#bleh.

1 Like

Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by kristikat(f): 5:39am On Jan 13, 2013
lol they think they are gods, more divine and privileged than the rest. shocked
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by pazienza(m): 2:37pm On Jan 15, 2013
Good a thing we don't have monarchy in my town,my ancestors were indeed wise. How can someone be worshiping another man,nonsense! Monarchy is so outdated and of no use.
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by DuduNegro: 4:36am On Jan 16, 2013
iyaniwura, thank you for the good work o jare.

who are all these agberos hating on the monarch?
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by touchmehard: 1:34pm On Jan 17, 2013
Wow! Guinness book of records things. Is he a nairalander?
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by ComradeSOJ: 3:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
I lov d youngest mornarch, king of agbor, chancellor of university of Ilorin.. plz, get married on tym...
Re: Keagborekuzi I, The Youngest Crowned King In The World by listaz(f): 6:39pm On Sep 20, 2013
[/color][color=#990000]on the topic of the king getting a wife why is it so relevant really someone make me understand please, is he not allowed to take his time like everyone else?

(1) (Reply)

Awareness On Ebola Virus Made In Igbo Language / Middlebelt Zone-Nupes,Idomas,Igalas,Ebiras,Tivs,Kabbas,Biroms,Fulani,Katafs etc / Unbelievable Why Women Will Never Marry These Tribes In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.