Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music (1831 Views)

Is It Time For D’banj To Hang It Up? / D'banj Dropped From Kanye West's G.O.O.D Music? / I Cant Beliv Dis, D Music Legend Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by olabiz2010: 12:27pm On Jan 11, 2013
It is now being speculated within the music industry in hush tones that D’Banj may been shown the exit door at Kanye West’s G.O.O.D Music label which D’Banj claims he is still at. According to information gathered from reports and some industry sources, all may not be too well between D’Banj and his American boss.

What Nigeriafilms.com scooped reveals that Kanye was never happy with the split between D’Banj and Don Jazzy in early 2012. We gathered that Kanye actually signed Don Jazzy to produce D’Banj for his record label, but with the split between them, it was no longer possible for Don Jazzy to perform his obligation of making ‘good’ beats for D’Banj.

Now that D’Banj took a step further to sign J-Sleek as his music producer, what sources in D’Banj’s camp reveal to industry sources is that Kanye is not pleased with J-Sleek’s production prowess and he sees D’Banj’s new collection of songs as weak.

What some tale-bearers are saying now is that Kanye is disappointed at D’Banj as his (Kanye)initial quest of storming African music through the duo of former Mohits Records is has been defeated and D’Banj’s new singles are no where match what convinced him to sign on the two African superstars when he signed them in 2011.

There are indications that D’Banj may consider reconciling with Don Jazzy or lose his deal with Kanye. Though we couldn’t confirm if D’Banj would consider the first option as we were told that his (D’Banj) ego might be a big obstacle is making the first option become a reality.

We are still digging deep into the story and we would serve you our further findings.

http://247nigerianewsupdate.com/more-troubles-for-dbanj-as-kanye-west-set-to-drop-him-from-g-o-o-d-music/

As for me, i still very much believe in dbanj any day anytime...RIDE ON KOKO MASTER.

Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by djeezy(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2013
Wack speculation. Another D'banj hate thread. Mtchew!
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by omar22(m): 1:03pm On Jan 11, 2013
I saw this towards the end of Last year, out again....

Tell me what would you gain if Dbanj is drop from GOOD Music? Mariah Carey was dropped by EMI... She didnt die? its seems like people expect Dbanj to return to eating Garri if he gets dropped by Kanye West
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by SlyIg(f): 1:39pm On Jan 11, 2013
Beer parlour gist finding it's way to nairaland. What's your biz if Kanye eventually show Dbanj the exit door! Will he stop feeding you? Abeg. ...
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by tellwisdom: 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2013
The guy is still surviving with the past glory from Mohit....In no time from now, he would no longer be relevant in the music world...I just tire for all em burial songs these days embarassed sad angry #Don the engine room of mohit

3 Likes

Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by omar22(m): 3:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
tellwisdom: The guy is still surviving with the past glory from Mohit....In no time from now, he would no longer be relevant in the music world...I just tire for all em burial songs these days embarassed sad angry #Don the engine room of mohit

Another Don Jazzy fan boy..... who next is he going to beat up?
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 11, 2013
this sounds like koko hating
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by heed101(m): 4:59pm On Jan 11, 2013
And of what relevance is he to good music label. kissolojukokoro
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
to be honest I like both of them so much, but dbanj made a mistake. Back in the days when dbanj started with don jazzy every fucki-ng track was a hit. Why me, scape goat, Mr endowment and Oliver twist I've lost count of all those mohit tracks. Dbanj new tracks sounds too Oyinboish, I'm on top of the world. Dbanj and don jazzy understand each other so so well. I pray don jazzy should just do producing things for him not merge labels. Besides I can't stop playing dprince goody bag.
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by Ishilove: 8:21pm On Jan 11, 2013
olabiz2010: .
Dbanj looks star struck in the photo. undecided
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2013
D'Banj getting dropped by GOOD music defeats the whole purpose of his 'internationalisation' ambition - which was the main reason why he quarrelled with Don Jazzy in the first place. From all evidence, he has not and shall not become the international star he hoped for.

Unforunately, he has lost ground locally/continentally in his overambitious and senseless attempt to "conquer the world" (with only Oliver Twist and NO other back-up plan for consistent international hits). To be honest, he is in no-man's-land at the moment. He has boxed himself into a very tight corner, from which he might never recover.

1 Like

Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by safarigirl(f): 9:14pm On Jan 11, 2013
tellwisdom: The guy is still surviving with the past glory from Mohit....In no time from now, he would no longer be relevant in the music world...I just tire for all em burial songs these days embarassed sad angry #Don the engine room of mohit
The worst thing is the poor dude thinks he's doing well cos his fans don't want to tell him the bitter truth.

I'm not a Don Jazzy fan per se, but without Don Jazzy, D'banj is as empty as K-switch.

Good thing Akon has grabbed Wizkid and P-square grin

Mods, FP abeg grin
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2013
i knew safarigirl would find her way to this thread sooner or later cheesy
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by safarigirl(f): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2013
oyb: i knew safarigirl would find her way to this thread sooner or later cheesy
You wan try? I'm a dedicated Hater
Re: More Troubles For D’banj As Kanye West Set To Drop Him From G.O.O.D Music by kungfupanda: 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2013
omar22:

Another Don Jazzy fan boy..... who next is he going to beat up?

Bro accept the fact at least.

(1) (Reply)

Omotola And Her Son(pic) / Jim Iyke's Ex-girlfriend Advices Nadia Buari / Deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.