Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children (1826 Views)

Photos: Biafran Leaders Meet David Cameron At 10 Downing Street / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri / Pictures Of Biafran Leaders In A Closed Door Meeting. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by Duru1(m): 10:11pm On Jan 12, 2013
ilugunboy:

When your fathers and the hausas were slaughtering one another in the scorching earth of the eastern wasteland...Pa Awo was in a comfortable room calculating the math of how to end the war as quickly as possible to minimise human loss...

Next time ...you people should learn how not to put the cart before the horse.

The above post is a typical stream of thought from a person who has stuck his\her head in hot sand.

1 Like

Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2013
Duru1:

The above post is a typical stream of thought from a person who has stuck his\her head in hot sand.

Say what ever you fancy ...the truth is in the open, only delusional nuts like you will refuse to learn from real historical facts and not "personal experience" of another deluded senile old man.

Learn from history so that you don't suffer the fate of your forebears.

1 Like

Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by Duru1(m): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2013
ilugunboy:

Say what ever you fancy ...the truth is in the open, only delusional nuts like you will refuse to learn from real historical facts and not "personal experience" of another deluded senile old man.

Learn from history so that you don't suffer the fate of your forebears.

Nigeria is a historical experience and it shows in every facet of life with retrogressive tendencies. Based on your silly posts, it is safe to say you can not notice the truth even when it is under your nose.

It is inhumanly funny to watch Hausa, Fulani, Knauri, Tiv, Angas and Nupe that led Yoruba into Britain-Nigeria\Biafra civil war appear to be keep quiet over the war. While in the other hand, the followers appear to be noisy and boastful about the war

1 Like

Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by DuduNegro: 2:26am On Jan 13, 2013
duru,

i have more series of revelations into the war coming up in the coming days. stay alert and please keep your high blood pressure medications nearby. you think youve seen all.....you aint seen nothig yet!

wait till you hear how your leaders siphoned Bank of Biafra dry.

3 Likes

Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by Standing5(m): 6:50am On Jan 13, 2013
Duru1, better go rest yourself. First u tried to derail with pixs and now silly arguements.
Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by Nobody: 8:08am On Jan 13, 2013
Duru1: It is only in the goofy world of one idiotic Olufemi Sogunle that blockade is not considered a deliberate action. If I say Olufemi Sogunle is starkly ignorant in the act of warfare, it is a mere compliment. Only a fool such as Olufemi Sogunle will accept foods from an enemy who wanted nothing less than annihilation of an opponent. No wonder Oyo Empire was relocated from northern region of Nigeria to southwestern region of Nigeria, thanks to certain people including Afonja.

Why goofy Olufemi Sogunle seemed twisted out of human form by innocuous statements credited to Azikwe and Onyeama, the bigot felt at home with statements such as dipping Quran into Atlantic Ocean ceremoniously owned by Bello and Balewa.

At least, the drunken jackass agreed the total blockade of Biafra and change of Nigerian currency, the acclaimed brain children of Awolowo, bit hard on Biafra’s effort to prosecute the war, another malnourished disciple such as Negro_nuts thought they were the reasons Ndigbo lost their financial savings.

You sound a lot like DEDE1. Are you related? undecided

1 Like

Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 13, 2013
kingoflag:

You sound a lot like DEDE1. Are you related? undecided

Really I got the same feeling...
Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by SmartTalk: 9:18pm On Jun 19, 2013
T9ksy:

Gosh! Its amazing how you guys cogitate! Do you mean the issue, whatever it is, is dead and buried? Who says? You lot? So when achebe penned his pile of junk which you all ignorantly called a book and claim its based on his personal experience, what was his aim? To unite us? When achebe wrote things like “oh ibos are superior to all the other ethnic groups in Nigeria”, what was his aim? To make these other groups, love and respect the ibos?

Let it be known to achebe and his co-travellers in the bus of deceit and revisionism that we are not omo ales- we will always be standing tall and ready to punch holes in your infantile attempts to portray others (in the country),as evil with hard FACTS. Not dem say dem say or personal experience from a jaundiced and ethnically-bias prism.

To the op, I say kudos to you and keep it coming.

More grease to your elbow o'jare and let those who can’t stomach the truth, take a long walk off the shortest pier. Yeye peps!!!

You obviously did not read the book and that's the problem - ignorance. You just attribute statements to Achebe that he did not make and say you are countering him with facts. LIES ARE NOT FACTS. There was nowhere that Achebe portrayed "others" in the country as evil. He did criticize Awolowo and Gowon on their wartime actions and atrocities. The fact that so many idiot writers are manufacturing their own "facts" to defend Awolowo and no one else, not even Gowon shows that we are clearly not one country - just a common space filled with a lot of pretenders. The lie spewing defenders only defend their "hero" and cast Achebe's work as an attack on the Yoruba. What stupidity.
Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by dayokanu(m): 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2013
grin grin
Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by T8ksy(m): 12:19am On Jun 20, 2013
SmartTalk:

You obviously did not read the book and that's the problem - ignorance. You just attribute statements to Achebe that he did not make and say you are countering him with facts. LIES ARE NOT FACTS. There was nowhere that Achebe portrayed "others" in the country as evil. He did criticize Awolowo and Gowon on their wartime actions and atrocities. The fact that so many idiot writers are manufacturing their own "facts" to defend Awolowo and no one else, not even Gowon shows that we are clearly not one country - just a common space filled with a lot of pretenders. The lie spewing defenders only defend their "hero" and cast Achebe's work as an attack on the Yoruba. What stupidity.

And why should I spend my hard-earned money on that pile of junk you all termed “personal account”? From the excerpts I read, its not difficult to haphazard what will be in the hard cover. Same old ibo chest beatings we have all become accustomed to. Just because Achebe’s bigoted and senile write resonate with your warped mindset doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t discern where the old fool is coming from.

@ bolded...............Oh finally the penny dropped!!! I suppose when your ibo brothers were murdering other region’s leaders whilst “coincidentally” shedding theirs, you all believed we are ONE united country?

When achebe decided to penned fabricated stories about the late sage, we yorubas as Omoluabis, who will forever be greatful to the man for all he did for us during those tempestuous period in our history, have the automatic cultural right to DEFEND him with FACTS.

We are not INGRATS or BASTARDS. Consequently, we will not readily swallow stories about our “father” from his enemies. And when his enemies attempt to slander his good name, we omoluabis cannot be silenced.

1 Like

Re: Culpability Of Biafran Leaders In The Death Of Millions Of Children by SmartTalk: 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2013
T8ksy:

And why should I spend my hard-earned money on that pile of junk you all termed “personal account”? From the excerpts I read, its not difficult to haphazard what will be in the hard cover. Same old ibo chest beatings we have all become accustomed to. Just because Achebe’s bigoted and senile write resonate with your warped mindset doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t discern where the old fool is coming from.

@ bolded...............Oh finally the penny dropped!!! I suppose when your ibo brothers were murdering other region’s leaders whilst “coincidentally” shedding theirs, you all believed we are ONE united country?

When achebe decided to penned fabricated stories about the late sage, we yorubas as Omoluabis, who will forever be greatful to the man for all he did for us during those tempestuous period in our history, have the automatic cultural right to DEFEND him with FACTS.

We are not INGRATS or BASTARDS. Consequently, we will not readily swallow stories about our “father” from his enemies. And when his enemies attempt to slander his good name, we omoluabis cannot be silenced.

I do not expect you to read the book or even know what junk means; what I am against is ignorant assertions and irresponsible statements. Another ignorant person would read your comments and think there is some truth to it. Even in the excerpts available publicly, there is nowhere Achebe painted "others" as evil. And if you truly want to understand bigotry, warped mindset and insolence, just go through your own comments. You are entitled to your own opinion, I give you that, but not to your own facts.

Sure. Let's forget that your Yoruba brothers were part of that coup. Let's also forget that they BEGGED military officials supervising the flawed elections to intervene. My Igbo brothers have learnt their lesson - if any other part of the country is on fire, just leave and let it burn. Helping other Nigerians only get you a knife in the back. We also appreciate that if Awolowo had undertaken his coup d'être, the story would have been much different.

If you have any useful contribution that is unfabricated, write your own book. But like I said, you are not entitled to your own facts. And hurling insults at Achebe does not count as defending his legacy. Neither does revising history help in that regard.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why We Must Rally Round Amaechi – Tinubu / Chief Of Defence Staff, Minister Of Defence And National Security Adviser. / Ifeanyi Ubah Is Not Related To Andy Uba @ifeanyiubahgov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.