Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,270 members, 7,839,355 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Meaning Of '..let The Dead Bury Thier Own Dead..' Of Luke 9:60 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meaning Of '..let The Dead Bury Thier Own Dead..' Of Luke 9:60 (1107 Views)

Let The Dead Bury Their Dead / "Let D Dead Bury Their Dead"....... Wat Does It Actually Mean??? / "let The Dead Bury Their Own Dead" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meaning Of '..let The Dead Bury Thier Own Dead..' Of Luke 9:60 by BroRhema(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2013
Luke9:60- Jesus said LET THE DEAD BURY THIER DEAD but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. I have read this scriptural passage over and over again, without comprehending what it truely means. I'av also done go0gle search on it, but al to no avail, as i have had about 15 different answers 4rm different christian sites. So nairalanders, what are your views On this enigmatic quote

2 Likes

Re: Meaning Of '..let The Dead Bury Thier Own Dead..' Of Luke 9:60 by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jan 12, 2013
BroRhema: Luke9:60- Jesus said LET THE DEAD BURY THIER DEAD but go thou and preach the kingdom of God. I have read this scriptural passage over and over again, without comprehending what it truely means. I'av also done go0gle search on it, but al to no avail, as i have had about 15 different answers 4rm different christian sites. So nairalanders, what are your views On this enigmatic quote
THIS VERSE LOOPS IN TWO KINDS OF DEATH. PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL DEATH. BEING SPIRITUALLY DEAD IS WHEN YOUR SOUL IS NOT QUICKENED. THIS IS WHEN YOU ARE DETACHED FROM GOD. YOUR SPIRIT IS DEAD. THE LORD IS NOT WORKING WITH YOU. YOUR SPIRIT IS ISOLATED AND VULNERABLE TO SATAN.

SO BACK TO THE VERSE - THE VERSE MEANS LET THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD BURY THE PHYSICALLY DEAD. AND WHY ? BECAUSE THE SPIRITUALLY ALIVE ONLY DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE ALIVE. ONLY PEOPLE WHO ARE ALIVE HAVE HOPE FOR CONVERSION. THESE ARE THE PEOPLE THE SPIRITUALLY ALIVE SHOULD BE TRYING TO UPLIFT FROM THEIR SPIRITUAL DEATH. HOWEVER THE PHYSICALLY DEAD ARE GONE SO LET THE SPIRITUALLY DEAD BURY THEM. ITS A CUSTOM IN ISRAEL THAT THE ELECT DO NOT TOUCH DEAD BODIES BECAUSE IT IS UNCLEAN. HOWEVER IF YOU ARE SPIRITUALLY DEAD YOU ARE UNCLEAN ANYWAY SO YOU WILL NOT GET ANY MORE UNCLEAN IF YOU TOUCH DEAD BODIES.
Re: Meaning Of '..let The Dead Bury Thier Own Dead..' Of Luke 9:60 by moredendisc: 12:51pm On Jan 12, 2013
BroRhema: Luke9:60- Jesus said LET THE DEAD BURY THEIR DEAD but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

I have read this scriptural passage over and over again, without comprehending what it truely means.

I'av also done go0gle search on it, but al to no avail, as i have had about 15 different answers 4rm different christian sites.

So nairalanders, what are your views On this enigmatic quote

@BroRhema
Let them that are DEAD IN THE SPIRIT bury their dead in the spirit

but if SPIRITUALLY ALIVE, go thou and explain the Kingdom of God (i.e. go make plain or clear and understandable the Kingdom of God to one and all)

(1) (Reply)

Meet Prophet Blessed Dike Who Serves God But Passionately 'hates' Jesus / Pastor Found Dead In Church Seat On Sunday Morning / "Relax, Hell Does Not Exist": Evangelical Atheists Take to the Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.